Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the New Covenant started or is it still in the future?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Has the New Covenant started or is it still in the future?

Originally posted by percho View Post
    For finding fault, He saith to them, 'Lo, days come (present), saith the Lord, and I will complete (vi Fut Act 1 Sg) with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah, a new covenant,

That first, in bold is not found in in Jeremiah 31. And after the past and present of HP, ministry, mediator, and better promises, the NC is still future. From Heb 8:1-8

That in bold is in the present, of the newly sanctioned better promises by the resurrection of Christ, made High Priest after the order of Melchisedek, by, He who spake unto him: 'My Son thou art, I to-day have begotten thee;' by which the man Jesus becomes, mediator of the still future New Covenant.

For finding fault, He saith to them, 'Lo, days come (present), saith the Lord, and I will complete (vi Fut Act 1 Sg) with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah, a new covenant,

That first, in bold is not found in in Jeremiah 31. And after the past and present of HP, ministry, mediator, and better promises, the NC is still future. From Heb 8:1-8

That in bold is in the present, of the newly sanctioned better promises by the resurrection of Christ, made High Priest after the order of Melchisedek, by, He who spake unto him: 'My Son thou art, I to-day have begotten thee;' by which the man Jesus becomes, mediator of the still future New Covenant.
    Thank you, percho. I have been trying to let some of our dissenting brethren (who hold that it is a future covenant) realise their error.

Thank you, percho. I have been trying to let some of our dissenting brethren (who hold that it is a future covenant) realise their error.

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
      The New covenant has been active since the cross. There are no other future covenants mentioned in scripture. If you aren't a part of the new covenant now, then you are without a covenant which is a dangerous thing.
      Blimey!
      I've just posted a reply agreeing with percho believing he was arguing that the new covenant is now operative. It's regrettable we still can't edit.

Comment

Originally posted by Trivalee View Post
        Seems I completely misunderstood your position.

You are wrong in the belief that the new covenant is still future. I have posted far too many arguments showing how wrong your argument is that it won't serve any purpose to repeat them. So you may have to avail yourself of the posts showing why the new covenant is now operative.

You are wrong in the belief that the new covenant is still future. I have posted far too many arguments showing how wrong your argument is that it won't serve any purpose to repeat them. So you may have to avail yourself of the posts showing why the new covenant is now operative.

Comment

Blimey!
          I've just posted a reply agreeing with percho believing he was arguing that the new covenant is now operative. It's regrettable we still can't edit.
          I can edit fine. I don't know why anyone else is having issues. Try using firefox.

Blimey!
          I can edit fine. I don't know why anyone else is having issues. Try using firefox.
          James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Just letting you know you are replying to yourself and showing disagreement.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Okay, this is Firefox. Let's see if I can edit.
              John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Comment

Originally posted by Deade View Post
                Okay, this is Firefox. Let's see if I can edit.
                So, no dice. Even Firefox will not let me edit. This whole forum is broken in the worst way. If we don't go advanced we get double posts with no edit capabilities.

I still don't see how the new covenant is fully implemented. Sure, we have the very start of it but scripture still points to a time in the millennial reign. What about the parallels in Acts and Joel?

Acts 2:16-18 “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:”
                First a time frame in Joel: Joel 2:1 “Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;”

Next, It speaks of a restoration after the Day of the Lord. Then we are given a picture of the new covenant:

Joel 2:28, 29 “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.”

What can we conclude from this? What we have today is not the New Covenant God was talking about. Not yet. The way I read that is everyone that calls on the Lord will have salvation. Surely, that is not today. So, when is it? After Christ comes back.
                John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Comment

If we don't go advanced we get double posts with no edit capabilities.
                  lol, so stop using advanced. You can go edit the second post plus do any other edits you want.

If we don't go advanced we get double posts with no edit capabilities.
                  lol, so stop using advanced. You can go edit the second post plus do any other edits you want.

edit: I leave the double post so the staff can see the problem and hopefully have it fixed.

Comment

Don't know how you do it, just tried firefox and it's the same. Couldn't edit.

Comment

Yes, I noticed the error after I'd posted it. Still, don't know how your firefox can edit and mine can't

Comment

So, no dice. Even Firefox will not let me edit. This whole forum is broken in the worst way. If we don't go advanced we get double posts with no edit capabilities.

I still don't see how the new covenant is fully implemented. Sure, we have the very start of it but scripture still points to a time in the millennial reign. What about the parallels in Acts and Joel?

Acts 2:16-18 “But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:”
                        First a time frame in Joel: Joel 2:1 “Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand;”

Next, It speaks of a restoration after the Day of the Lord. Then we are given a picture of the new covenant:

Joel 2:28, 29 “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.”

What can we conclude from this? What we have today is not the New Covenant God was talking about. Not yet. The way I read that is everyone that calls on the Lord will have salvation. Surely, that is not today. So, when is it? After Christ comes back.
                        Obviously, the kingdom of darkness is out for war against this Forum.

Comment

Yes, I noticed the error after I'd posted it. Still, don't know how your firefox can edit and mine can't
                          I don't use advanced like some are saying they use.

I don't use advanced like some are saying they use.

Comment

Obviously, the kingdom of darkness is out for war against this Forum.
                            Double posting and no editing isn't exactly a war from the kingdom of darkness. If that were so, we wouldn't be able to post at all. It's just the coding. The forum is running vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 software. There is some type of coding glitch. I see it everytime I post. Some tech just needs to go in and fix it.

Comment

This post is really well written, you're right that first portion is not found in Jeremiah 31. Great Proof!

Comment

Double posting and no editing isn't exactly a war from the kingdom of darkness. If that were so, we wouldn't be able to post at all. It's just the coding. The forum is running vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 software. There is some type of coding glitch. I see it everytime I post. Some tech just needs to go in and fix it.
                                Normally, it doesn't take Admin much time to fix a problem here, but this, however, is taking too long. Is it too complicated or have they given up, I don't know?

Normally, it doesn't take Admin much time to fix a problem here, but this, however, is taking too long. Is it too complicated or have they given up, I don't know?

Comment

Working...
                                X