Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the New Covenant started or is it still in the future?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Has the New Covenant started or is it still in the future?

Originally posted by percho View Post
    Presently only the remnant is being elected and being baptized, by the Spirit, into the church, Mt Zion. However, God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. They are still scattered among the nations, both, the house of Judah and the house of Israel.
    When Paul asked "Has God cast away his people?" his response was, "No way, I am an Israelite" and part of the believing remnant. There's always only been a remnant and that's not going to change. The only a remnant now/all later argument is not supported here.

Comment

However, God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. They are still scattered among the nations, both, the house of Judah and the house of Israel.
      Yes but the majority live and die as unsaved apostates. So, not fully cast away but most are lost. How many unsaved Jews have died since the cross? What will happened to all of them? Even if the last generation will see a mass conversion of Jews to Christ, that's a drop of water in the ocean essentially.
      James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Noeb View Post
        When Paul asked "Has God cast away his people?" his response was, "No way, I am an Israelite" and part of the believing remnant. There's always only been a remnant and that's not going to change. The only a remnant now/all later argument is not supported here.
        Are we going to cast away the rest of the chapter?

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
          Yes but the majority live and die as unsaved apostates. So, not fully cast away but most are lost. How many unsaved Jews have died since the cross? What will happened to all of them? Even if the last generation will see a mass conversion of Jews to Christ, that's a drop of water in the ocean essentially.
          I have a question or two.

When God called Abram, what would be a good guess of how many people were living at that time? Was God's calling of Abram of salvation? In other words, of all the people living at that moment, was Abram the only one God saved according to what knowledge we are given?

What are your thoughts?

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this judgment:

Comment

Well, God said he would be doing the circumcising so it seems rather obvious.
            I'm honestly losing the thread here. Not sure what you're claiming or what I should be responding to, or even your position on this matter.

Comment

Are we going to cast away the rest of the chapter?
              Of course not but the rest of the chapter doesn't support your position so I'm unclear why you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesuslovesus View Post
                I'm honestly losing the thread here. Not sure what you're claiming or what I should be responding to, or even your position on this matter.
                In Deut 30 God said the day would come when he would circumcise their heart. That's NC.

Comment

When God called Abram, what would be a good guess of how many people were living at that time? Was God's calling of Abram of salvation? In other words, of all the people living at that moment, was Abram the only one God saved according to what knowledge we are given?

What are your thoughts?

I don't know the answer to any of your questions. How about the questions I asked?
                  James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

In Deut 30 God said the day would come when he would circumcise their heart. That's NC.
                    Agreed it is NC! So do you believe Israelites today whose parents convert to Christ are Born with these hearts and are therefore "true Isrealites" while the others are fake Israelites?

Agreed it is NC! So do you believe Israelites today whose parents convert to Christ are Born with these hearts and are therefore "true Isrealites" while the others are fake Israelites?

Comment

What are your thoughts?

God's calling of Abram was to let him know that within his seed, all the nations of the earth would be blessed. That salvation would come through his seed. Within his seed would all the nations of the earth be blessed. His seed (being one which is Christ Jesus). Abram was given this covenant and an oath of circumcision, at which point was called Abraham.

For Abraham and his decedents, this entailed keeping the law of Moses and the works written therein. Therefore those that were sealed by his covenant, and kept the law of circumcision, being bound by the law, were bound by the law to do the things contained therein. And those who did them were justified by the Law of that covenant at the death/resurrection of Christ.

This covenant with Abraham and the seal of circumcision was to the intent, to deliver them to Christ, being to them a school master.

Galatians 3:
                      24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
                      25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Comment

Why do you believe it's hereditary?

Comment

Why do you believe it's hereditary?
                          The bible says it's hereditary. You deny that's what the passage says? Deuteronomy 30:6 And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

So can you explain how you believe the Bolded and underlined position is fulfilled in the offspring of the Disciples or individual Israelites who get saved and in your view they're already in the NC with "circumcised hearts".

Comment

The bible says it's hereditary. You deny that's what the passage says? Deuteronomy 30:6 And the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, so that you will love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

So can you explain how you believe the Bolded and underlined position is fulfilled in the offspring of the Disciples or individual Israelites who get saved and in your view they're already in the NC with "circumcised hearts".
                            Have not Israeli descendants of the first church been circumcised by God from then unto this day?

Comment

Have not Israeli descendants of the first church been circumcised by God from then unto this day?
                              I'm sorry is that an answer? Are you agreeing that with the idea that Circumcised hearts are hereditary? And claim that it's been happening among the Israeli descendants of the first church?

I'm sorry is that an answer? Are you agreeing that with the idea that Circumcised hearts are hereditary? And claim that it's been happening among the Israeli descendants of the first church?

Comment

What? Circumcision of God is not hereditary. You have t believe. Have not Israeli descendants of the first church been circumcised by God [through faith] from then unto this day?

What? Circumcision of God is not hereditary. You have t believe. Have not Israeli descendants of the first church been circumcised by God [through faith] from then unto this day?

Comment

Working...
                                X