Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knowing what you now know, who do you free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowing what you now know, who do you free?

So you are among the people, knowing what you NOW know...do you free Barabbas or Jesus? Please do not post your reason for your answer for a few days...I don't want it to sway how others vote. Thanks.
    Ken
    I would free Jesus!
    34.21%
    I would free Barabbas!
    65.79%

The poll is expired.

Not my reason but do you realize that Bar-Abbas means son of the father but we all know that Jesus was the Real Son of the Real Father.

Comment

I have the power to free one of them or am I just yelling out in the crowd my choice?

Honestly,
      Joe

EDIT: If I do have the power is it the kind Pilate had along with the circumstances of the crowd yelling at me? Not trying to be difficult, just all affects my answer.
      Last edited by Walstib; Dec 12th 2008, 01:44 PM. Reason: More questions

Comment

Originally posted by Walstib View Post
        I have the power to free one of them or am I just yelling out in the crowd my choice?

Honestly,
        Joe

EDIT: If I do have the power is it the kind Pilate had along with the circumstances of the crowd yelling at me? Not trying to be difficult, just all affects my answer.
        You have the power to free...

Comment

Man that just makes it harder….

Can I ask Jesus what He wants me to do first?

Just having fun there, not a serious question.

I voted to free Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by kenrank View Post
            So you are among the people, knowing what you NOW know...do you free Barabbas or Jesus? Please do not post your reason for your answer for a few days...I don't want it to sway how others vote. Thanks.
            Ken
            I think many people not knowing who Jesus was would still free Barabbas..or someone similar to him. They'd probably call any man who did things similar to Jesus a lunatick..or demon possessed. Sadly, the more things change..the more they stay the same.

Edit: I'd free Jesus...since Barrabas was known as a murderer...and who knows what else the guy did..

Edit: Did a lookup of the name Barrabas from Wikipedia..here's what I found...

Abba has been found as a personal name in a First Century burial at Giv'at ja-Mivtar and Abba also appears as a personal name frequently in the Gemara section of the Talmud, dating from AD 200-400.[12] This would mean that Barabbas was the son of one named Abba.

Hope this helps everyone in there studies..

Comment

I am freeing Jesus.

Comment

Since Barabas represents all of us sinners and Jesus not only took his punishment but all of our punishment, I would free Barabas. Jesus came here to set the sinner free and take his place to pay sins wages. I wouldn't want to get in the way of his mission.

Also, Jesus had complete control of the situation so really He freed Barabas as He freed all sinners.

As thy days, so shall thy strength be - Deuteronomy 33:25

Comment

I said Jesus, because no matter what the mission knowing what I know, I am not sure I could ever get over the guilt. I also know that nothing I would/could do would stop him from his mission. So I would free him but he would still save me and all who come to him.

Comment

I think God's plan was wise.

Comment

I would have to free Barabbas
                      "Let no man deceive you"

I also am "man" - this includes myself !

Comment

Originally posted by Ekeak View Post
                        I think God's plan was wise.
                        Here's a verse that confirms what you say as true.

Ephesians 4:9-10
                        (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

In terms of conscience though..how on earth could one know what they know now and do such a thing. I wouldn't condemn an innocent man. I think we know that God had a purpose/plan in mind when he did what he did..but from a conscience perspective..I couldn't do it even knowing it fulfilled a greater purpose.

Comment

If I'd been in that crowd I wouldn't gotten my head torn off if I'd said anything in favor of Jesus, so I just would've run, like his friends did. That scene was hell on earth, same as 40 years later during the insane, cannabalistic free-for-all in 70 ad Jerusalem.

I would have been grimly fascinating to have been there for the three days afterwards though. To see the behavior of all those who were pondering just what they'd done and how to resolve the turmoil inside them.

Comment

It seems that the power to free Jesus was not in anyone's hands because God intended to deliver Him up.

Acts 2:23
                            23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death
                            NKJV

Many of these who called for His crucifixion were saved on Pentecost too.
                            Love In Christ,
                            Tanya

Comment

I would have failed to make the right decision. Those who knew more at the time, still got many things wrong. Peter, James & John, Andrew, Thomas - well all of them. I think i can say with certainty i would have made more bad decisions than the apostles. SofTy.
                              1 Corinthians 1:12-13 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos: and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptised in the name of Paul?

KJV

May the power of the Spirit of our God unite us. SofTy.

Comment

Working...
                              X