Matthew 18 vers 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew 18 vers 18

Hello everyone my name is Johan.This vers has me perplexed as to its meaning is there anyone out there with an opinion as to the deffinition of said verse???

"And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." - Matthew 18:17-18

I believe the passage to be related to church discipline and coming against someone that is in willful, unrepentant sin. I believe it to be a declaration that the heavenly authorities will recognize the earthly church's judgment.
    "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." - Revelation 20:6

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus_1611 View Post
      "And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." - Matthew 18:17-18
      I believe the passage to be related to church discipline and coming against someone that is in willful, unrepentant sin. I believe it to be a declaration that the heavenly authorities will recognize the earthly church's judgment.
      Very well put. It's interesting that some translations have "will have been bound/loosed in heaven".....

Comment

Working...
      X