Help me with a suspicious cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with a suspicious cross

Tonight, I played for the first time with a group of guys from my church, but a different campus. One of the players wore a cross designed as shown below, which looks as though it is a disguise for a swastika. Am I being paranoid here?

Thanks for any help; I don't want to have doubts about someone unfairly. The cross is standard, but exactly like a swastika, there are points jetting from the ends. While my poor drawing does not show the sides correctly, they jet directly down on the left and directly up on the right. If you took a standard swastika, lengthened it like a Christian cross and shortened the wings, that is what this guy was wearing.
    _
    |
    |---|---|
    |
    |
    |_

Re: Help me with a suspicious cross

Originally posted by Servant1981 View Post
    Tonight, I played for the first time with a group of guys from my church, but a different campus. One of the players wore a cross designed as shown below, which looks as though it is a disguise for a swastika. Am I being paranoid here?

Thanks for any help; I don't want to have doubts about someone unfairly. The cross is standard, but exactly like a swastika, there are points jetting from the ends. While my poor drawing does not show the sides correctly, they jet directly down on the left and directly up on the right. If you took a standard swastika, lengthened it like a Christian cross and shortened the wings, that is what this guy was wearing.
    _
    |
    |---|---|
    |
    |
    |_
    Since the brother was from your Church I am assuming he is a Christian. Christians wear things;
    • to ornament themselves - a matter that the New Testament does not address unless it is to show wealth (1st Tim.2:9)
    • because they like it - in which case he has the freedom to do it
    • in ignorance - even the traditional cross is an occult symbol of sexual union
    • to make statement of their affiliation. Many armed forces badges are of occult origin but if the brother is in a unit that wears them, he has no option

Why not casually ask him and then not comment whatever he says. The New Testament gives great latitude because unlike the Law of Moses, the Christian is regulated by the Holy Spirit living in him/her. And very often what the Holy Spirit allows for one, He forbids for another because of the difference in character, motive and consequences. The main thing to remember is that whatever his reason, we are (i) not affected by it, and (ii) may not regulate it. If we try to regulate anything except blatant sins, we usurp the Lord's throne. He is Master - not us.

Comment

_
      |
      |---|---|
      |
      |
      |_

There is nothing in any object or matter that can be unclean in itself, nor possess evil spirits. It's what's within the heart that brings forth good and evil. We, as Christians should live our lives doing things, wearing things, consuming things, and in all things, that bring glory to God.

But to truly discern regarding your friend is observe his life that he lives. According to Jesus, you will know a tree by the fruit that it bears. A good tree cannot bring forth corrupt fruit, neither can a coorrpt tree bring forth good fruit.

Matthew 7:
      16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
      17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
      18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
      19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
      20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Jesus said to beware false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Sometimes, it's very hard to discern. But something you should know. A sheep has feet with split hoofs. Now a wolf has a feet like a dog, having toes and a paw.

So the way you can discern is to examine their foot prints. Examine their walks to see where their feet lead to. If you see them walk into strip clubs, drinking bars, breaking into homes as a thief, into cult groups, in with rioting gangs. Then you will know that it's probably not actually a sheep.

Matthew 7:15
      "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

Comment

What I am asking is if anyone has seen this cross and if potentially, it is a hidden symbol for some extremist group. Clearly, the thing is a swastika because the ends match with the classic Nazi swastika with only the elongation to make it cross-like. I am asking about the symbol and not the person.

I just happen to be very sensitive to Nazi-style imagery and flipped out my star of David to see if I would get a rise.

Comment

Servant1981, unfortunately I'm having a hard time matching your description with your diagram. This is what I'm seeing on my screen. Is that actually what it looks like?

Cross.jpg

Comment

No, that is a terrible drawing that transferred over even worse. Think of a standard Christian cross. Now, at the four ends of that cross, add a short line jetting out like a swastika. Essentially, it is an elongated swastika. I don't know that it is anything beyond a stylistic thing.

Comment

Is this in the ballpark?

Cross2.jpg

Comment

I looked around and am probably now on some FBI watchlist, but I could find no specific swastika in the style that Badger posted above which is what I interpreted you to be describing. Current neo-nazis are tending to use a certain Norse rune now as their main symbol.
                Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
                Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Dead on the mark....outstanding. Honestly, I am truly glad that it is just a stylistic thing.

Comment

I just happen to be very sensitive to Nazi-style imagery and flipped out my star of David to see if I would get a rise.
                    lol, missed this before. That's pretty funny.

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions but you have to admit it looks like a swastika. If you see the guy again I'd definitely ask him what it means.

Comment

The history of the symbol is very interesting. The church of St. Laurent in Grenoble, a Romanesque church of the 12th century, had the symbols painted on the ceiling. This is now in a museum in France. Nazi Germany used an ancient symbol that many others used having religious or spiritual meanings and basically ruined it's positive image for evil.
                      Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Comment

What I find most interesting is that there are groups wanting to "rehabilitate" or claim back the symbol for good. The ancient use of the symbol I assume drives this-- due to it's use all over the world as positive or good. Glad to be able to understand that the use of the symbol in support of Hitler or Nazi beliefs is typically pretty easy to see. I remember seeing the symbol in Korea, and it was obvious to me it had no connection to Hitler. One thing that I think we can all agree upon. A gold or silver or nickel or wooden or stone or metal cross isn't going to save anyone. Grace by Faith alone.

https://pinkpangea.com/2014/01/swast...n-south-korea/
                        Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Comment

Granted, Hitler gave it a very bad name. But it was always a pagan symbol even if it was later adopted by certain Christian sects. I can't really see its relevance to the Christian message.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                            Granted, Hitler gave it a very bad name. But it was always a pagan symbol even if it was later adopted by certain Christian sects. I can't really see its relevance to the Christian message.
                            A symbol is never better than the real thing---telling the truth about Him in walk and in speech. (Testimony)
                            Peace to you!

Comment

_
                              |
                              |---|---|
                              |
                              |
                              |_
                              I've never seen anything like it before. I've also only known neo-nazi's to only have contempt and hatred for Christianity as they relate it to Jews which they despise. You may be reading into something.

Comment

Working...
                              X