Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seed of the Woman

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Seed of the Woman

    When I think of the word “seed” in scriptures, I think of a bloodline mainly the house of Israel and those associated to the tribes. So the seed of the man. Yet in this verse in Revelation we all the sudden have mentioned a seed associated with a woman why?:


    Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.


    Now to me this seed does represent a people, but not a bloodline. I see this as talking about the Christian church as being the seed. I was wanting to know how you all see this verse.


    1. Is the seed representing the church to you? If not what does it represent to you.
    2. Does the word remnant to you mean a select group within that church?

  • #2
    Re: Seed of the Woman

    Originally posted by kyCyd View Post
    When I think of the word “seed” in scriptures, I think of a bloodline mainly the house of Israel and those associated to the tribes. So the seed of the man. Yet in this verse in Revelation we all the sudden have mentioned a seed associated with a woman why?:


    Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.


    Now to me this seed does represent a people, but not a bloodline. I see this as talking about the Christian church as being the seed. I was wanting to know how you all see this verse.

    1. Is the seed representing the church to you? If not what does it represent to you.
    2. Does the word remnant to you mean a select group within that church?
    The question is if the *seed* denotes the church as suggested, does it mean it is divided? Apparently and others did not. But the preceding verse Rev 12:16 shows that after failing to destroy the SEED of the woman the dragon then turns his attention on the remnant. It further says that the remnant "have the testimony of Jesus Christ". Some might argue differently, but I see the "remnant" as the church while the seed that escaped into the wilderness is Israel.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Seed of the Woman

      14 The Lord God said to the serpent,
      “Because you have done this,
      Cursed are you more than all cattle,
      And more than every beast of the field;
      On your belly you will go,
      And dust you will eat
      All the days of your life;
      15
      And I will put enmity
      Between you and the woman,
      And between your seed and her seed;
      He shall bruise you on the head,
      And you shall bruise him on the heel.”


      Rom 16
      20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
      The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.


      The remnant are of Jesus seed.
      And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Seed of the Woman

        Originally posted by kyCyd View Post
        When I think of the word “seed” in scriptures, I think of a bloodline mainly the house of Israel and those associated to the tribes. So the seed of the man. Yet in this verse in Revelation we all the sudden have mentioned a seed associated with a woman why?:


        Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.


        [B][SIZE=2]Now to me this seed does represent a people, but not a bloodline. I see this as talking about the Christian church as being the seed.

        The word can mean male sperm or "offspring" so seed can be the children of a man or of a woman or both.

        G4690
        σπέρμα
        sperma
        sper'-mah
        From G4687; somethng sown, that is, seed (including the male “sperm”); by implication offspring; specifically a remnant (figuratively as if kept over for planting): - issue, seed.


        Gen_3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
        James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Seed of the Woman

          Originally posted by Trivalee View Post
          The question is if the *seed* denotes the church as suggested, does it mean it is divided? Apparently and others did not. But the preceding verse Rev 12:16 shows that after failing to destroy the SEED of the woman the dragon then turns his attention on the remnant. It further says that the remnant "have the testimony of Jesus Christ". Some might argue differently, but I see the "remnant" as the church while the seed that escaped into the wilderness is Israel.
          I did read those verses and more and I don't see anyone in the wilderness except for the woman. There is no one with her. So are you calling the woman Israel?

          Originally posted by Trivalee View Post
          The question is if the *seed* denotes the church as suggested, does it mean it is divided? Apparently and others did not. But the preceding verse Rev 12:16 shows that after failing to destroy the SEED of the woman the dragon then turns his attention on the remnant. It further says that the remnant "have the testimony of Jesus Christ". Some might argue differently, but I see the "remnant" as the church while the seed that escaped into the wilderness is Israel.
          I did read those verses and more and I don't see anyone in the wilderness except for the woman. There is no one with her. So are you calling the woman Israel?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Seed of the Woman

            Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post

            The remnant are of Jesus seed.
            Ok so who does the woman represent to you? The church?

            Originally posted by jeffweeder View Post

            The remnant are of Jesus seed.
            Ok so who does the woman represent to you? The church?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Seed of the Woman

              Ewq1938, who is the seed and woman referring to in Revelation to you? Is the woman referring to Mary? Or could the woman represent the church that brought forth Jesus? What does the woman and the seed represent to you?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Seed of the Woman

                Originally posted by kyCyd View Post
                Ewq1938, who is the seed and woman referring to in Revelation to you? Is the woman referring to Mary?
                Mary or Israel...both or either could be said to have produced the Messiah in the flesh.

                Or could the woman represent the church that brought forth Jesus?
                I prefer to say Jesus brought forth the NT church but I guess it's relative.


                What does the woman and the seed represent to you?
                I think it's more important who the remnant of the woman's seed are since it's they that are Christians and whom Satan pursues and makes war with.


                Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
                James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Seed of the Woman

                  Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
                  Mary or Israel...both or either could be said to have produced the Messiah in the flesh.



                  I prefer to say Jesus brought forth the NT church but I guess it's relative.


                  I think it's more important who the remnant of the woman's seed are since it's they that are Christians and whom Satan pursues and makes war with.


                  Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
                  Ok thanks. Why does everyone leave off “keep the commandments of God” they just highlight have the testimony of Jesus? These people do both, not just one. So are they a select group?

                  Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
                  Mary or Israel...both or either could be said to have produced the Messiah in the flesh.



                  I prefer to say Jesus brought forth the NT church but I guess it's relative.


                  I think it's more important who the remnant of the woman's seed are since it's they that are Christians and whom Satan pursues and makes war with.


                  Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
                  Ok thanks. Why does everyone leave off “keep the commandments of God” they just highlight have the testimony of Jesus? These people do both, not just one. So are they a select group?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Seed of the Woman

                    Originally posted by kyCyd View Post
                    I did read those verses and more and I don't see anyone in the wilderness except for the woman. There is no one with her. So are you calling the woman Israel?
                    Yes, she is Israel. Who do you reckon she is? Rev 12:5 says "And she brought forth a man child..." Hope you don't believe it's Mary because she is already dead and in the grave?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Seed of the Woman

                      Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
                      Mary or Israel...both or either could be said to have produced the Messiah in the flesh.



                      I prefer to say Jesus brought forth the NT church but I guess it's relative.




                      I think it's more important who the remnant of the woman's seed are since it's they that are Christians and whom Satan pursues and makes war with.


                      Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
                      But who is the woman?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Seed of the Woman

                        Originally posted by Trivalee View Post
                        Yes, she is Israel. Who do you reckon she is? Rev 12:5 says "And she brought forth a man child..." Hope you don't believe it's Mary because she is already dead and in the grave?
                        No I didn't think about it being Mary or Israel really, to me I thought of the woman being the church. It was the church (believers in Jesus) that brought forth Jesus to the public view to me. So to me I thought of the woman as being the church (believers). So I am basically relating it back to before talk about the woman with verse Re 12:11. To me that is talking about the church before talking then about the woman.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Seed of the Woman

                          Originally posted by kyCyd View Post
                          Ok thanks. Why does everyone leave off “keep the commandments of God” they just highlight have the testimony of Jesus? These people do both, not just one.
                          I know but the purpose of the highlighting is to identify the people Satan goes to make war with are Christians not another group.


                          So are they a select group?
                          Yes, Christians.
                          James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Seed of the Woman

                            Originally posted by Trivalee View Post
                            But who is the woman?
                            Faithful Israel.
                            James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Seed of the Woman

                              Originally posted by kyCyd View Post
                              No I didn't think about it being Mary or Israel really, to me I thought of the woman being the church. It was the church (believers in Jesus) that brought forth Jesus to the public view to me.
                              But they didn't give birth to Jesus. He birthed them as his spiritual children.


                              So to me I thought of the woman as being the church (believers).
                              Not the NT church but the OT church ie: faithful Israel. Once the Messiah started his ministry he began converting the OT church into the NT church, one by one.
                              James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X