death and resurrection....and baptism some scripture to consider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Follower1977 View Post

Whats the difference, do you think in john's baptism for the remission of sin, and the churches baptism for remission of sin ? Other than those before hadn't heard the name of the Christ they were baltized into ?
    The baptism of John no longer exists today among the church of God. We have already gone to the baptism of Christ. Paul has already revealed the difference in Acts. Now everyone is baptized in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Baptism is not a simple act that simply needs to take place. When we read the story of Phillipus and the eunuch, we see the immediate action after repentance. Repentance and baptism go hand in hand. This is one assignment that is related to each other. It involves rebirth.

Comment

• Originally posted by preston39 View Post

I must ask...where/what source did you get your foundation for the belief... Someone? or the Bible?...and in what time frame of your lifetime?

Feom prayer brother . I've studied scripture probably for about thirty years not continuously sometimes I wouldn't open a bible for six months , other times couldn't put it down for six months . Sometime about 15 years ago I ran across solomons prayer for wisdom , and James instruction that if we want understanding and wisdom , all we have to do is ask in faith .

It wasn't a magical moment or anything , but I began to just simply pray often " lord help me to understand your word , and I will share whatever you give me with any and everyone" eventually after prayer and a lot of study , I just heard Gods word , his name is Jesus Christ and the same things he said 1900 plus years ago for salvation , will always remain the same .i know this because he said it and my faith belongs to him

Freedom from sinful things that I can't overcome on my own , truly by the power of belief in the things Jesus preached to cleanse the heart , and having faith in him by his own words , will purge a believers flawed heart and mind of improper attitudes and motives , and that's the only reason we ever do those things .

i suppose pose my belief comes from the word of God , but I never really heard him until I began to seek it in prayer , fqith comes from the gospel , if you believe the gospel , it is the seeds of faith being planted in the heart . Faith is shaped by knowledge , knowledge is conveyed by words . God has always said everything we need to know , but , it's really hard for people to believe what he said , instead of what I learned from someone ten years ago .....

Simp,e answer is prayer for grace to grasp what I can , a desire to know what God has said , and study with perseverance

Comment

• Originally posted by angelmike View Post

The baptism of John no longer exists today among the church of God. We have already gone to the baptism of Christ. Paul has already revealed the difference in Acts. Now everyone is baptized in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Baptism is not a simple act that simply needs to take place. When we read the story of Phillipus and the eunuch, we see the immediate action after repentance. Repentance and baptism go hand in hand. This is one assignment that is related to each other. It involves rebirth.
        okay thank youGod bless

Comment

I will guarantee that sometime in the future there will be a new age religion type who professes that we do not have to follow God's commandments...as Andy Stanley recently espoused. I can see it now...Christ did it for us.
          Unbelievable!!!!!.
          oh brother that has been going on for a loooong time . Google an article by Paul Ellis called " red letters" this is a really really popular " grace". Author. His argument is that Jesus words will actually condemn you , so , you only want to believe the things he says that makes you feel saved . Instructions , warnings about eternal damnation this guy is teaching multitudes a very clever deception that is building walls up actually against the things that lead us to salvation through repentance and coming into obedience of the gospel. His argument is that Jesus , was teaching " Moses law 2.0" and the teachings he taught about Gods kingdom , aren't for believers .

This is one example he uses I think it's Matthew 5-7 somewhere but Jesus is teaching about how to pray , and he comes to a part where he says " if you forgive men when they sin against you , your father in heaven will forg i.e. You , if you do not forgive , neither will your father forgive your sins "

He explains how his is the law of Moses , and if there is any condition you actually are required to do , it's not grace and not for you . All the instructions the corrections in behavior , you musts , commands all that stuff , this man has dissected out , and teaches grace means it's not for you .

If you bother reading this article , listen for an echoe it will sound like this

slither ....slither ......slither .....sssss" did God really say you must not eat of any tree in the garden ?"

the believers reply " yes God did say we may eat of any tree in the garden , but of the tree of good and evil we must not eat , lest we surely die "

" sss ss surely you willlll not die , for God knowssss ssss it will make you like him knowing good and evil " Ss sssss Ss

and the echoe ....

" did Jesus really say you need to repent and believe his gospel of the kingdom and be baptized for remission of sin for salvation ?

The believer answers " yes he did say I must repent and believe his teachings for salvation in the gospel "

Ssss Ss surely you don't really need believe hose things Ss sssss listen to me , I'll tell you a different , better way "

anything that that ever tries to change or omit Jesus Christ everlasting and immutable word , written eternally in his own shed blood , for the love of mankind , ...any doctrine seeking to do that , even if you call it the "gospel of grace " is .......but dung , and should be counted as rubble in light of the savior and King of kings declaration, his way will always save someone who believes , any other path created by any other Bieng , mind , heart , will lead to the eternal damnation a he warns us of , in order that we believe and be saved ....this false teacher is a terrible menace to someone's faith , and salvation . And he's one of many preaching the same distortions all based on the term grace . Notice how clever the article is , but also notice how blatant the goal of ommiting the word of God is also

Comment

A Amen is indicated here!!!

Having said that I am at loss to find a given situation where one would not have an opportunity.

An example may be ...a person repents at church on a Sunday and 20 minutes later is in an accident and dies. However, the opportunity was available for him had He repented earlier in life as he should have.
            I know this...God would be fair.

Yes amen he will always be fair , and also we find in Christ , his mercy and forebearance towards us , is the most amazing attribute our Heavenly Father gives to us . I believe that Jesus teaches Christians that God is our father , he loves us dearly and deeply , teaches us that Gods will is not to crush us for our sins , but his will is to have us come to the one lifted up above the earth , to heed the calling that is echoing through the galaxy for salvation one time for all who will believe the word sent forth .

theres a great understanding of God our Heavenly Father and his relationship to us , found in knowing Jesus according to the word of God through faith believing . It's only found in his teachings , that is our understanding ofmGod , he's the only one who can give it . the things Jesus taught , his parables , the events of his life his power to say the word and still the seas , to cast out evil spirits , to heal the sick , and blind , raise the dead with just his word " Lazarus I say to you come out ....and the dead man came forth from the tomb "

Certainly we don't just get baptized now we're eternally saved , so I think on some level with God , we're not gonna be condemned just simply because we weren't baptized , but that part is just my own thinking , there is no scriptiral references to support that , it's just , I really believe that God loves each of us , I believe that he understands our inner struggles , he is forebearing with punishment in hope we will come to repentance through faith . My real point here that is biblically supported thouroughly , is. If people heard the truth about what baptism means to them , no one would ever say " that's not for me " or wow I don't think I need to really do that do I ?

because of what God said it means to the believer who is baptized in faith . Who wouldn't want this pledge of a clear conscience ? Almighty Gods declaration " you no longer need to feel guilty for the things behind you , your sins have been remitted you followed my command that I told you accomplishes remission of your sin in my sight through Jesus Christ and his blood that purchased you.? It's every sinners joy in my humble belief

Comment

• “The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ: Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.”
              ‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭3:21-22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

noah was told the waters were coming , build an ark and be saved . Peter uses the fir use of the flood in regards to baptism . He's saying the water of baptism doesn't save us because we take a bath , but because it cleanses our conscience . When someone does what God says to do , they know he will do what he said , it is infallibly true. So when the doctrine includes " believe and be baptized for the remission of sins " anyone with faith that does that , will then possess an oath from God according to his own true word, that thier sins have been blotted out in the sight of God . A pledge from God that we are no longer bound by our past sins , we can now with this clear conscience come into the presence of God , not fearing our own death.

wencan see God like the children ofmisrael did , and fear and beg not to hear what he said because we will surely die ......or we can hear Jesus and begin to see the true God , knowing his word is meant to save us and not condemn , to call us to repentance and not execute us for,our sins who repent , this is impossible under the authority of the law you sin , you die . In the gospel all have already sinned and are condemned , and Christ knows it already and came to call us to repentance and eternal life. Baptism is important because it becomes an oath , a promise and directive from God , that is about the remission of our sins through his death. To believe this , and do what he said and be baptized for remission , once the believer does this , they now have a sure oath that thier sins have been remitted Gods way. According to his direction there's nothing as powerful as knowing you have obeyed the lord and trust his promise .

Comment

• The reason all the people were flocking tomjohn the baptist who was preaching repentance and baptism for remission , and faith in Christ is because the prophets were thier culture , they were waiting for the new things God promised

And as they departed, Jesus began to say unto the multitudes concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness to see? .... A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet. For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

...For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

And if ye will receive it,
                this is Elijah, which was for to come. ( see the final two verses of the Old Testament)
                He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew‬ ‭11:7-15 ‭KJV‬‬

The prophets had long been saying things like this

"Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.

Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth. Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God. Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

I am the Lord, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭43:8-13, 15, 18-19, 25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. As he spake these words, many believed on him.”
                ‭‭John‬ ‭8:23-30‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.( the gospel says Peter, Jesus and Paul)

O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem, that bringest good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, Behold your God! Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.”
                ‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭40:3-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

"The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.....

And preached, saying, There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose. I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.”

‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:1-4, 7-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.”

‭‭John‬ ‭10:14-16, 27-30‬ ‭KJV

“Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.”

‭‭John‬ ‭17:20-23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Reoentance and remission of sin , God truly loves us

Comment

Feom prayer brother . I've studied scripture probably for about thirty years not continuously sometimes I wouldn't open a bible for six months , other times couldn't put it down for six months . Sometime about 15 years ago I ran across solomons prayer for wisdom , and James instruction that if we want understanding and wisdom , all we have to do is ask in faith .

It wasn't a magical moment or anything , but I began to just simply pray often " lord help me to understand your word , and I will share whatever you give me with any and everyone" eventually after prayer and a lot of study , I just heard Gods word , his name is Jesus Christ and the same things he said 1900 plus years ago for salvation , will always remain the same .i know this because he said it and my faith belongs to him

Freedom from sinful things that I can't overcome on my own , truly by the power of belief in the things Jesus preached to cleanse the heart , and having faith in him by his own words , will purge a believers flawed heart and mind of improper attitudes and motives , and that's the only reason we ever do those things .

i suppose pose my belief comes from the word of God , but I never really heard him until I began to seek it in prayer , fqith comes from the gospel , if you believe the gospel , it is the seeds of faith being planted in the heart . Faith is shaped by knowledge , knowledge is conveyed by words . God has always said everything we need to know , but , it's really hard for people to believe what he said , instead of what I learned from someone ten years ago .....

Simp,e answer is prayer for grace to grasp what I can , a desire to know what God has said , and study with perseverance
                  Amen.

I listen to no one...as a rule....and seek God's guidance to understand and live following Christ.

We must judge and understand God's word righteously....the Bible teaches.

Comment

Amen.

I listen to no one...as a rule....and seek God's guidance to understand and live following Christ.

We must judge and understand God's word righteously....the Bible teaches.

Yeah , it does teach that , understanding his word , is definAtely salvation . Since Adam , and to the end of we will listen and hear the word , we will act in accordance because we do actually tangibly believe .

I listen to everyone hinestly . I just listen to Jesus on the highest volume , that way when someone saying something really good that maybe I hadn't noticed , or they add some thoughts to my thinking , I'm not rejecting something from God . Remember the disciples are the reason we even have the word to believe , and I know that for myself , my dear grandmother who is home now with the lord , planted many many many seeds of faith from my earliest memories .....
                    it's good to listen , it's better to hear

Comment

oh brother that has been going on for a loooong time . Google an article by Paul Ellis called " red letters" this is a really really popular " grace". Author. His argument is that Jesus words will actually condemn you , so , you only want to believe the things he says that makes you feel saved . Instructions , warnings about eternal damnation this guy is teaching multitudes a very clever deception that is building walls up actually against the things that lead us to salvation through repentance and coming into obedience of the gospel. His argument is that Jesus , was teaching " Moses law 2.0" and the teachings he taught about Gods kingdom , aren't for believers .

This is one example he uses I think it's Matthew 5-7 somewhere but Jesus is teaching about how to pray , and he comes to a part where he says " if you forgive men when they sin against you , your father in heaven will forg i.e. You , if you do not forgive , neither will your father forgive your sins "

He explains how his is the law of Moses , and if there is any condition you actually are required to do , it's not grace and not for you . All the instructions the corrections in behavior , you musts , commands all that stuff , this man has dissected out , and teaches grace means it's not for you .

If you bother reading this article , listen for an echoe it will sound like this

slither ....slither ......slither .....sssss" did God really say you must not eat of any tree in the garden ?"

the believers reply " yes God did say we may eat of any tree in the garden , but of the tree of good and evil we must not eat , lest we surely die "

" sss ss surely you willlll not die , for God knowssss ssss it will make you like him knowing good and evil " Ss sssss Ss

and the echoe ....

" did Jesus really say you need to repent and believe his gospel of the kingdom and be baptized for remission of sin for salvation ?

The believer answers " yes he did say I must repent and believe his teachings for salvation in the gospel "

Ssss Ss surely you don't really need believe hose things Ss sssss listen to me , I'll tell you a different , better way "

anything that that ever tries to change or omit Jesus Christ everlasting and immutable word , written eternally in his own shed blood , for the love of mankind , ...any doctrine seeking to do that , even if you call it the "gospel of grace " is .......but dung , and should be counted as rubble in light of the savior and King of kings declaration, his way will always save someone who believes , any other path created by any other Bieng , mind , heart , will lead to the eternal damnation a he warns us of , in order that we believe and be saved ....this false teacher is a terrible menace to someone's faith , and salvation . And he's one of many preaching the same distortions all based on the term grace . Notice how clever the article is , but also notice how blatant the goal of ommiting the word of God is also

===============
                      Amen.

The Bible says ......."in the end times there will be great deceptions"......they are here.

It also says....many will say ..."tickle my ears and tell me what I want to hear". This started in the 1960's when this society was ...jolted to the bone....with self indulging beliefs arriving. Thus the new age thinking editions of the Bible appeared.

Christian leaders and witnesses for Christ surely must stay with God's word to limit at least, the impact on God's word and His clear intentions.

Comment

===============
                        Amen.

The Bible says ......."in the end times there will be great deceptions"......they are here.

It also says....many will say ..."tickle my ears and tell me what I want to hear". This started in the 1960's when this society was ...jolted to the bone....with self indulging beliefs arriving. Thus the new age thinking editions of the Bible appeared.

Christian leaders and witnesses for Christ surely must stay with God's word to limit at least, the impact on God's word and His clear intentions.

Yes exactly brother , " thy word is a lamp,unto my feet and a light unto my path "

What you are saying there , is what I'm saying about we grow and learn , as we do learn and grow , so does our capacity to walk firmly in the lords ways . In the beginning , we are going to struggle and fall , fail at times it's super important that we never ever , while were pressing forward in the word , that we never forget he is merciful to those who accept and believe his words , that's why they are pressing forward in Reoentance , in righteousness , in hope and learning to walk in the spirit they received by faith .

it's easy for us to overlap the nature of the law , sin is death , you sin you die , and the nature of the gospel " come to me and believe and you will live eternally with me in the presence of God "

One is of faith and is based upon the simplicity of believing our lord , the other is of mans ability to be holy themselves because they have a list off" don't dos"

The gospel is like a seed . Being planted in soil . If the seed is received and the soil is good , then rain and sun comes , not because of the workers in the garden , but because God causes the rain and sunshine to do its work , after awhile in due season , codyledence will sprout , two small leaf like foliage is all the plant is at this point barely perturbing above the ground . While sunshine and rains continue the seed has now transformed into a living growing plant as time goes on the plant grows , gets stronger , bears more leaves , but it's still not time for it to bear fruit , it's stalks worn bear the wieght , in time it becomes stronger and stronger because of the sunlight and rain . The plant just grows it doesn't work doesn't make the sun go up and down , or rain fall ....but in time there begins to blossom fruit eventually leading to a harvest of good healthy fruit .

The gospel is sort of like Jesus the patient Gardner , is healing our sickness making our plant healthy inside so it will grow up and bear fruit .

We have an aim for perfection in Christ , but we will at times find ourselves lacking , we will find things were not living up to in the gospel. These times is when we have to have a firm hold on grace , not so we can say " well I have grace so I don't need to change" but grace that allows us time , gives us strength inwardly to overcome , rather than saying " well you have failed and come up short , you are cut down now and finished." Forebearance is what we have through grace . God is allowing us time to get right through the forebearance that exists in Christ because of his death on our behalf .

We shouldn't see it as grace wipes out our part , but we can't lose sight , that Jesus knows we're less than perfect , and instead of condemning us , he came and suffered so greatly for us , so we who sinned could live , he who had no sin died . To fulfill " the wages of sin is death" so as we believe and learn and seek him , we have to know its okay to be real and not pretend with Jesus , he came to save us who will hear

Comment

Working...
                        X