Prosperity Teaching or Prosperity Gospel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prosperity Teaching or Prosperity Gospel

The term “prosperity teaching” or “prosperity Gospel” is one of the most misunderstood and misused in today’s language.

I believe in biblical prosperity. It is taught throughout the Bible. Giving to the Lord is so important that God has promised that those who give for the work of the Gospel will be blessed and protected.

We give because it is God’s will. We give because it is His command! We give because it is His law. We give because the Lord has commanded every believer to give. And the Lord Jesus promises that when we give, we will surely receive.

We cannot deny the fact that the Lord Himself tells us that we will receive. In fact, Paul the apostle went on to say that if we give sparingly, we will receive sparingly, and if we give bountifully, we will receive bountifully. But the purpose for giving is the fulfillment of God’s will—and that is the preaching of the Gospel!

When we give for the preaching of the Gospel, we don’t have to wait for the harvest. The harvest will be waiting for us! The harvest will come our way as surely as the sun will rise again tomorrow morning. When we give for the Gospel—when we give for the right reasons—the harvest will surely come!

The Gospel must be preached, and true biblical prosperity is mentioned in Acts 4:32, which the Word of God declares:

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked." (Acts 4:32-34)

Here we see true biblical prosperity, which is no lack! That is what I believe will come when you give for the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

Not only that, but the Bible goes on to say that when we give for the Gospel, our future will also be protected. In Ecclesiastes 11:1-2 we are told: “Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.”

It clearly says that when we give, we will be protected from the evil to come.

Remember that the Lord tells us in Matthew 6:33, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.” You don’t have to worry about God fulfilling His promises. If we do our part, He most certainly will do His.

Also, remember the great promise to us in Psalm 37:25, where the Bible says, “I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not see the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread” (Psalm 37:25).

The Lord has promised to take care of our needs and our children’s need, and neither we nor our children will ever be forsaken—as long as we obey the Lord and live a righteous life.

The days are short. We must get the Gospel out. The Scriptures tell us clearly that evil is coming to the wicked, but God’s people, who love and obey Him, will be protected. That is God’s Word! That is true biblical prosperity, for God has also promised to protect your finances and to keep you safe financially, as you obey Him and continue to sow into His work.

The Word of God tells us in Ecclesiastes 11:6, “In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.”
    We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

Thank you, Benny.

So, where should I send that check?

Comment

What is your idea of "biblical prosperity"?

(i.e. Financial wealth, health, happiness...or?)
      Ιησούς Χριστός ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου

****When the Lord opens a door, don't walk through it....run full speed; if it's the wrong one He'll let ya know...sometimes He just wants to see if you'll move at all!****

A Minister of God Ministry - Support and understanding for a Christian serving in the military

Comment

Originally posted by mcgyver View Post
        What is your idea of "biblical prosperity"?

(i.e. Financial wealth, health, happiness...or?)
        If you were referring to me:

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked." (Acts 4:32-34)

It has nothing to do with being rich...
        We are his body, We are his representative, We are the extension of God to the earth. Every action should be a extension of God's love.

Comment

Okay.....I wasn't going to mention this, because I wasn't sure if I should mention it, but seeing as how the Bible tells us to be truthful, I'm going to say it:

There have been times when I have tithed in faith, and I ended up not being able to eat for a few days. Is this because of my "lack of faith?" It's come to the point where I am scared to tithe, because of past experiences.

Now, please, I am not complaining. It's not like I starved to death....God sustained me, as He always does......but according to your logic, every one of our financial needs will be met if we would only tithe. IMO, this is not always so.

God blesses us in other ways!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Welder4Christ View Post
            Okay.....I wasn't going to mention this, because I wasn't sure if I should mention it, but seeing as how the Bible tells us to be truthful, I'm going to say it:

There have been times when I have tithed in faith, and I ended up not being able to eat for a few days. Is this because of my "lack of faith?" It's come to the point where I am scared to tithe, because of past experiences.

Now, please, I am not complaining. It's not like I starved to death....God sustained me, as He always does......but according to your logic, every one of our financial needs will be met if we would only tithe. IMO, this is not always so.

God blesses us in other ways!!!
            Tithing is God's Law, not mine. He first introduced it to the children of Israel. Its all about obedience, and you should always tithed in proportion to your faith.

Its all over the bible; tithes, offerings, and alms...

Comment

1)The result of God’s blessings and abundance is the results of obediance, not just in finances, but in every area of our lives.

2)The Word of God tells us, “Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do” (Deuteronomy 29:9).

3)The Scriptures clearly say that it is not God’s will for any to perish, nor is it His will for any to live in sickness or poverty.

Those are just my three cents...

Comment

Originally posted by Bladers View Post
                1)The result of Godís blessings and abundance is the results of obediance, not just in finances, but in every area of our lives.
                You're claiming that God promises to give financial blessings in response to obedience to Him. Consistently, you'd have to claim that millions of Christians who are just as poor as millions of non-Christians are somehow all disobedient. You're saying that God's blessings aren't "just in finances", but you're still claiming that "finances" are part of His promised blessings.
                3)The Scriptures clearly say that it is not Godís will for any to perish, nor is it His will for any to live in sickness or poverty.
                You're taking the Scripture in question completely out of context. John 3:16, the one in which "Scripture clearly says that it is not God's will for any to perish", is about spiritual living, not material wealth or physical health.
                To This Day

Comment

Tithing is God's Law, not mine. He first introduced it to the children of Israel. Its all about obedience, and you should always tithed in proportion to your faith.

Tithing was in the OT law but what people were to tithe was fruits and such. NEVER was money ever accepted as tithes in the bible. There was also never any tithing ever done by New Testament Christians.

Raybob

Comment

Mark 12:41 Jesus sat down near the collection box in the Temple and watched as the crowds dropped in their money. Many rich people put in large amounts. 42 Then a poor widow came and dropped in two small coins.
                    43 Jesus called his disciples to him and said, ďI tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all the others who are making contributions. 44 For they gave a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she had to live on.Ē

Luke 18:22
                    When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still need to do one thing. Sell everything you have and give the money to the destitute, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come back and follow me."

Luke 12:34 Because where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money, and be content with what you have, for God has said, "I will never leave you or abandon you."
                    __________________________________________________ ____________

Its hard to Tithe when we build our lives around credit, and debt. Our bills over flow, then when we realize what we are suppose to do, that part gets put on the back burner. God first, then other things should follow.
                    We do not Tithe most of the time because we live beyond our means.

The electric, water companies will not take Fruits, or material items for payment. Its not the responsibility of the Church to sell stuff in hopes of gaining enough monies to pay the bills, help the poor etc. In the old days, they might have taken a goat or a donkey as payment, however today that will not work.
                    It takes money, clothes,food, manual labor,prayers,tears, and so much more to make Gods House work.

To love something, or someone with all your heart, mind, and soul takes more than just giving money, or labor, or material items.

I think you should give as much as can when you can. Getting our priorities in order.

Much giving, much demanded.

I also want to stress that God is not a Bank, or a Magic Genie that will boost your income just because you give. No, God doesn't work like that. The blessings we give may not be seen or experienced by us, we do not know what our blessings do all the time.
                    We are storing up our treasures in Heaven.

Comment

Tithing was commanded to sustain the sacrificial system. Outside of the Temple priesthood that carried out the sacrificial system, you will find no mention of tithe ever. Hebrews 9-11 clearly states that the sacrificial system has passed away (as we can see with our eyes today). Tithing outside of sacrificing animals in the temple is a perversion of scripture.

Comment

Paul and Peter WROTE THE BIBLE

PETER WAS REPRTEDLY CRUCIFIED UPSIDE DOWN

PAUL SUFFERED IN JAIL, WENT HUNGRY, GOT BEAT UP BY FALSE TEACHERS

MOST APOSTLES WERE MURDERED BRUTALLY

JESUS CHRIST GOD IN THE FLESH NEVER SINNED AT ALL PERIOD.

LETS LOOK AT HIS PROSPERITY SHALL WE?

1- homeless
                        2-poor
                        3-despised
                        4-suffered many things including the cross

OBEDIENCE DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN PROSPERITy ON EARTH

OBEDIENCE AND DISOBEDIENCE ALWAYS EQUAL THE WILL OF GOD BEING DONE

you can obey all you want, but if God appointed that you be hungry and suffer for a season or even until death, that is what you will have

I REALLY HOPE YOU DO NOT CONSIDER BENNY HINN TO BE A DISCIPLE THAT WE LOOK UP TO IN THE BODY OF CHRIST.

If you do,

nothing we say will ever help you. Giving honor to Benny Hinn shows a lack of serious discernmetn, and perhaps a lack of the Holy Spirit of Truth completley

Comment

I asked a question the other day and it went completely ignored. The Beatitudes speak of our blessings yet as Americans we still believe that blessings are material. What if its all taken away; are we blessed or not? I am blessed by Who I know not what I have. Keep your prosperity, I'd rather have Jesus. I can have everything and still have nothing or I can have nothing and still have Everything.

Comment

JESUS also said there has not been a greater prophet than John the Baptist

John ate bugs
                            John lived in the wilderness
                            and then John got his head cut off

you don't understand God's will

Comment

Originally posted by reformedct View Post
                              JESUS also said there has not been a greater prophet than John the Baptist

John ate bugs
                              John lived in the wilderness
                              and then John got his head cut off

you don't understand God's will

Perhaps you might temper that as to edify, and not condemn.

Comment

Working...
                              X