This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As it was in the days of Noah!

We came across an interesting thought today, one I hadn't considered before. I would like any feedback on this.

Yahushua (Jesus) said concerning his return....

Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
    Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
    Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

So the return of Messiah will be like those days. But here is the thing, if I asked you why God destroyed the earth in Noah's day, what would your answer be? People were not righteous? There was a lot of sin? What if I said it was because the fallen angels had taken human wives and were having mixed seed children of reknown? Would you say I was crazy? Let's look at the scripture....

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
    Gen 6:2 That the sons of God (angels) saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
    Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
    Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
    Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
    Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
    Gen 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

The son's of God (the fallen one's) had taken human wives and gave birth to great and mighty men of reknown. (Maybe the mythological Greek gods?)

Regardless, in those days, when a man slept with a woman she became his wife. Messiah likened his return to those days...COULD (not saying it is) it be that the fallen ones will or already are mixing with human woman again?

Again..I am NOT saying this is the case. But the similarities between Messiah's sayings and what happened in Noah's day was more than just interesting, so I thought I would share it.

Peace.
    Ken

Originally posted by kenrank View Post
    What if I said it was because the fallen angels had taken human wives and were having mixed seed children of reknown? Would you say I was crazy? Let's look at the scripture....
    It would be fallen angels (spirits) indwelling human men which in turned had offspring with human women. The husband was demonically controlled and trained up his family in those ways. Aborations must have occured into giants and perhaps those which ruled atlantis ect... I do believe that animals also had aborations perhaps seen in the dinosours.

Likewise, this demonic indwelling occurs again just before Christ returns as senn in the 5th trumpet and the 5th vial. As in the days of Noah.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ross3421 View Post
      It would be fallen angels (spirits) indwelling human men which in turned had offspring with human women. The husband was demonically controlled and trained up his family in those ways. Aborations must have occured into giants and perhaps those which ruled atlantis ect... I do believe that animals also had aborations perhaps seen in the dinosours.

Likewise, this demonic indwelling occurs again just before Christ returns as senn in the 5th trumpet and the 5th vial. As in the days of Noah.

Mark
      I thought the Genesis verses were pretty clear. If there are verses that said the fallen ones dwelled IN humans before "taking the woman as wives," please share it. I am unfamiliar with it. (Thanks)

As for Messiah's return...Paul said, "at the last trumpet." Most versions use the word "trump" and I don't know why. The word is the same translated as "trumpet" throughout the NT. The return is at the END of the tribulation as seen in Matt 24. Also....you might want to consider this Mark....Noah got in the Ark and the wrath was poured out. Noah wasn't removed from the earth...just protected. Lot was removed from the eath...just from that city...and "the day" he came out of Sodom, the wrath fell. Both examples are used concerning his return.

Peace.
      Ken

Comment

We came across an interesting thought today, one I hadn't considered before. I would like any feedback on this.

Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
        Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
        Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

So the return of Messiah will be like those days. But here is the thing, if I asked you why God destroyed the earth in Noah's day, what would your answer be? People were not righteous? There was a lot of sin? What if I said it was because the fallen angels had taken human wives and were having mixed seed children of reknown? Would you say I was crazy? Let's look at the scripture....

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
        Gen 6:2 That the sons of God (angels) saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
        Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
        Gen 6:5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
        Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
        Gen 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

The son's of God (the fallen one's) had taken human wives and gave birth to great and mighty men of reknown. (Maybe the mythological Greek gods?)

Regardless, in those days, when a man slept with a woman she became his wife. Messiah likened his return to those days...COULD (not saying it is) it be that the fallen ones will or already are mixing with human woman again?

Again..I am NOT saying this is the case. But the similarities between Messiah's sayings and what happened in Noah's day was more than just interesting, so I thought I would share it.

Peace.
        Ken
        Just for the record - your interpretation (which I share) of the Genesis account was very widely believed until the 5th century or so, at which time the sons of Seth / Daughters of Cain interpretation surfaced) Many of the current churches tend to frown (quitely in some cases) on the idea of Angels marrying human women.

While I do not think Scripture precludes the possibility of that specific interpretation of "how" things get so messed up, and necessitate the end - I believe the thrust of the passage is talking about the sudden nature of the flood - compared to the sudden nature of the end times.

People (unsaved) will be doing their thing, completely oblivious - and BAM! - here comes the judgements, etc. This fits with 1 Thes 5:3 and others.

The scripture you might take a peek at and throw into the mix is 1 Cor 11:7-10 (verse 10 mainly) This may indicate that angels taking women was still possible perhaps? Anyway, that is another that could perhaps lend itself to your inquiry

Be Blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by obeytheword View Post
          Just for the record - your interpretation (which I share) of the Genesis account was very widely believed until the 5th century or so, at which time the sons of Seth / Daughters of Cain interpretation surfaced) Many of the current churches tend to frown (quitely in some cases) on the idea of Angels marrying human women.

While I do not think Scripture precludes the possibility of that specific interpretation of "how" things get so messed up, and necessitate the end - I believe the thrust of the passage is talking about the sudden nature of the flood - compared to the sudden nature of the end times.

People (unsaved) will be doing their thing, completely oblivious - and BAM! - here comes the judgements, etc. This fits with 1 Thes 5:3 and others.

The scripture you might take a peek at and throw into the mix is 1 Cor 11:7-10 (verse 10 mainly) This may indicate that angels taking women was still possible perhaps? Anyway, that is another that could perhaps lend itself to your inquiry

Be Blessed!
          NO doubt...I have always looked at the Lot and Noah references as a "in the day we come out the wrath falls" type of scenario. Those two references and some others put a halt to my believing in a pre-trib rapture. But I found the "what they were doing" interesting as well. Like I said, I didn't necessarily believe what I was writing...just that God destroyed the earth then because of the mixing of seed...and posing the question....is it possible again?

Peace.
          Ken

Comment

God destroyed the earth then because of the mixing of seed...and posing the question....is it possible again?

Peace.
            Ken
            Judge for yourself ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/animals/...mbryos_1.shtml

Comment

Jude 1:6

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

This verse must be talking about the angels who committed this offense. Even satan is not bound till the 2nd coming.

Now does this deter other demons from committing this offense again?!? Who knows.

Comment

Peace.
                Ken
                Greetings Ken,

Are you sure you have the proper understanding of the sons of God and daughters of men in the Genesis passage? These two verses liken the resurrection to the angels of God in heaven, and says that in the resurrection we will be like the angels of God, who do not marry, and are not given in marriage.

Mt 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Mr 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.

"Sons of God" is reference to the Godly line of Seth, and "daughters of men" to the ungodly line of Cain. Just as in the days of Noah the Godly line was corrupted through ungodliness, so too in the last days this corruption will continue and become common place, and even greater. Much like we see today, and throughout redemptive history how many believers give little thought in marriage and become unequally yoked together with unbelievers.

Many Blessings,
                RW

Comment

Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage...

I see you focusing on the marrying part, and I see why. But why leave out the "eating and drinking" part?

My take on this verse has been that Jesus was saying it was business as usual, and people were focusing on worldly things (even though Noah was warning them of the coming destruction). Same as today--people have been warned, but most choose to focus on this life, rather than the life to come.

As for why the flood occurred--it was a picture (type) of things future, in this case, the Second Coming of Christ.
                  Phl 4:11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.

Comment

Originally posted by SIG View Post
                    Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage...

I see you focusing on the marrying part, and I see why. But why leave out the "eating and drinking" part?

My take on this verse has been that Jesus was saying it was business as usual, and people were focusing on worldly things (even though Noah was warning them of the coming destruction). Same as today--people have been warned, but most choose to focus on this life, rather than the life to come.

As for why the flood occurred--it was a picture (type) of things future, in this case, the Second Coming of Christ.
                    I realize the point of the reference to Noah, and Lot for that matter. Again, I said I didn't necessarily believe my intial point, just that it came up in discussion and was worth consideration. Could it happen? I don't want to sound off the wall...because AGAIN (just wanting to be clear) I am not saying I believe this. It is just conversation...but in our society we have accounts of woman who claim to have been abducted by aliens (not from Mexico either), impregnated, only to have the baby removed later. Could aliens, if they even exist, be fallen ones doing, in another manner, what they did back then? It is interesting to think about even if lacking merit and hardly proveable.

Ken

Comment

bad intreptation

you added angels be careful about adding to the word of God this is all about the blood line it had to be protected Noah was not perfect in his way but his generations
                      Ge 6:9These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.sons of God are the ones God had chosen, and son of men were the gentiles, very simple the Blood line could not be tainted
                      Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Pastor Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Thaddaeus View Post

you added angels be careful about adding to the word of God this is all about the blood line it had to be protected Noah was not perfect in his way but his generations
                        Ge 6:9These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.sons of God are the ones God had chosen, and son of men were the gentiles, very simple the Blood line could not be tainted
                        Thaddaeus...I added nothing. The "sons of god" that took the daughters of men were the fallen ones. They mixed seed and men of reknown were born from them. The giants (the nefeel) were also in the world at the time. (Interestingly, the giants survived the flood...seeing only Noah and his family are said to survive the flood, the giants were either angels in human form or the offsrping of the mix)

Enoch is quoted 23 times in the NT, once by name. That tells me that Enoch was probaby accepted as scripture at some point in the past. In any event, the book of Enoch records this mix in detail. I have a copy I can e-mail you if you would like to read it.

As for Noah being perfect? The Hebrew word is tawmeem, it means upright, just, complete, etc. Since we know ONLY God is "perfect," we see using that word wasn't a good decision by the translators.

peace.
                        Ken

Comment

scripture please

you are very unscriptural pplease be careful,

Ge 7:23And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
                          every living substance included the gaints, and this is reaffirmed in the testament also

1pe 3:20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, EIGHT souls were SAVED by water.2pe 2:5And spared not the old world, but SAVED Noah the EIGHTh person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
                          Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Pastor Keith

Comment

I agree with some of the above posters that the parallel being made is the flood in its suddenness. Before it happens, things will be ' business as usual' so to speak.

I disagree on your interpretation of Genesis 6. I think the whole context dictates that it was a holy line mixing with a pagan line. But even if I agreed with your fallen angel theory I would say that was the direct cause of the flood. 6:5 directly says that the cause was the sin of mankind in general, not necessarily any particular sin. What's more, the blame was on the sin of mankind, not angel-human hybrids.
                            The Matthew Never Knew
                            The Knew Kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by Thaddaeus View Post
                              you are very unscriptural pplease be careful,

Ge 7:23And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
                              every living substance included the gaints, and this is reaffirmed in the testament also

1pe 3:20Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, EIGHT souls were SAVED by water.2pe 2:5And spared not the old world, but SAVED Noah the EIGHTh person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
                              I was about to give you the verses, but I decided against it. You accuse me of adding to the word of God...which I explained in my last post. Now I am "very unscriptural." So, you do some work Thad, grab your concordance or use your bible search tool if you have one, and look up the word "giant." You'll find that giants appear both before and after the flood. You'll see them in the first few verses of Genesis 6, you will find them in Numbers.

The word for giant is nephel, which is the root of nephyleem, you may have heard of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X