Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The spirit and the soul.

Originally posted by Noeb View Post
    completely wrong. Mortals must continue to not sin to have access and not die. Sin.....no access.....die.
    Are you saying it is possible to live all our lives without sin? Are you saying I must become sinless for salvation to occur? Surely, you are not?
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Comment

Originally posted by Deade View Post
      Are you saying it is possible to live all our lives without sin?
      Context was Adam.

Originally posted by Deade View Post
      Are you saying I must become sinless for salvation to occur? Surely, you are not?
      of course not.

Comment

Context was Adam.
        and the mortals in the future.

Comment

completely wrong.
          Yet you did not prove any wrongness in my post.

Mortals must continue to not sin to have access and not die.
          No, mortals are mortal which means intended to die. No human has access to the TOL currently. Everyone will die except the ones that are alive at the second coming who are changed then raptured.
          James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post
            Yet you did not prove any wrongness in my post.
            Sure I did, else I would not have posted.

No, mortals are mortal which means intended to die.
            Completely wrong. See Adam and future mortals. Your'e done.

Everyone will die except the ones that are alive at the second coming who are changed then raptured.
            Everyone will not die. Get a bible and read it. If they did we wouldn't have nations/goats in Matt 25 that enter the kingdom of heaven/everlasting life - tree of life/no death.

Comment

Everyone will not die. Get a bible and read it. If they did we wouldn't have nations/goats in Matt 25 that enter the kingdom of heaven/everlasting life - tree of life/no death.
              Whoops.....that should be nations/sheep - these are not to be confused with born again Christians who were already with Christ and return with him.

Comment

Originally posted by randyk View Post
                Right. This language is fraught with difficulty. It sounds like if all human beings will exist forever that all have "eternal life." But "eternal life" has a more technical meaning, indicating that there are an exclusive set of people who will not just exist forever, but will also receive immortal bodies to look like Christ.
                You lost me. You somehow managed to turn my unambiguous and pithy statement into something fraught with difficulties and hard to understand.

"Those who have accepted the promised eternal life will become immortal at the resurrection."

Sometimes, simplicity in prose is more than sufficient to convey meaning in contrast to going overboard with rhetoric. For example, I said that those (believers) who have accepted the promised eternal life will become immortal at the resurrection. In response, you said: "It sounds like if all human beings will exist forever that all have "eternal life."

1. Now, is there anything in my statement that alludes to *all human beings existing forever?"
                2. Or that all have eternal life?
                3. Fortunately, in the subsequent statement, you concurred with me with this remark "But "eternal life" has a more technical meaning, indicating that there are an exclusive set of people who will not just exist forever, but will also receive immortal bodies to look like Christ."
                4. It is plain that those who have accepted the promised eternal life belong to those you described as the "exclusive set".

My point is that your opening remark was unnecessary and superfluous and itself fraught with difficulty in understanding since you agreed with me in your closing statements.

Comment

Adam was mortal but death was not in the picture because he had the tree of life. No matter that phrase used he could have lived for eternity. The tree of life returns for mortals and it is said - no more death. Do with that what you want.

no matter the phrase, not that phrase.
                  But Adam and Eve didn't eat of the Tree of Life before their fall.

Comment

completely wrong. Mortals must continue to not sin to have access and not die. Sin.....no access.....die.
                    Is there any scripture to back your claim?

Comment

and the mortals in the future.
                      When exactly in the future, the Millennium? Is there scriptural proof?

Comment

All humans will die except those alive at the second coming who are saved. That's called the first death. The rest will have a resurrection. What you are saying does not come from the bible.

Heb_9:27* And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

All humans will die except those alive at the second coming who are saved. That's called the first death. The rest will have a resurrection. What you are saying does not come from the bible.

Heb_9:27* And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
                        James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Trivalee View Post
                          But Adam and Eve didn't eat of the Tree of Life before their fall.
                          We don't know that.

Is there any scripture to back your claim?
                          Yes it's all there, plain as day.

Comment

When exactly in the future, the Millennium? Is there scriptural proof?
                            If you don't know where in scripture the tree of life returns you probably shouldn't be participating in the discussion.

Comment

All humans will die except those alive at the second coming who are saved. That's called the first death. The rest will have a resurrection.

I haven't said anything that contradicts this.

Comment

I haven't said anything that contradicts this.
                                Except this, "Everyone will not die.".

Comment

Working...
                                X