Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Chronicles 21:14

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2 Chronicles 21:14

    So I'm new to the bible and was researching some stuff and ran across this and wondered what
    it meant. I tried to google it but got nothing. Just endless websites displaying what it is
    but nothing about context and what it means. Does god smite people that have sinned so severely that
    that there is no redemption?

    thanks...

  • #2
    Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

    Hi, puffysmoke….

    In the Old Testament, during the reign of the kings - yes, God did that.

    Here's the context in a nutshell from Genesis 12 through where you are reading.
    • God told Abraham that his descendants would end up enslaved in Egypt. God meant for them to stay in one place while they grew to become a nation. He also told Abraham that he would eventually lead those people to the Promised Land - a place inhabited by evil people, but that those peoples' evil had not come to a head yet. God was merciful even to those wicked people practicing detestable things like throwing their babies in a fire to appease their gods and having both homosexual and heterosexual religious prostitutes having orgies on their altars to appease their gods. God gave those people a great amount of time to repent before bringing the Hebrews there.
    • God's people crossed the Red Sea, escaping the Egyptians.
    • They were led by Moses TO the Promised Land and by Joshua INTO the Promised Land.
    • Under Moses and Joshua, there was mostly success and spiritual growth.
    • After Joshua's death there was not specific leadership. God appointed military-judges to govern the people. When a judge was appointed, the people relatively obeyed God. Without one, "everyone did what was right in their own eyes" and let me tell you - CHAOS reigned.
    • The people began to complain that they had no king. God WAS their king, but they demanded a human one. God obliged. Saul, then David, then Solomon reigned - each with their own disasters but at least David truly loved God and tried to honor him and repented of his sins.
    • Then after Solomon, God's people broke into TWO peoples - 10 tribes because Israel and 2 tribes became Judah.
    • Vile chaos reigned in Israel until the Assyrians carried them away never to return.
    • Judah had a few good kings - obedient to God, but eventually turned out like Israel - killing and burning babies, homosexual/heterosexual Temple prostitution, according to the book of Amos turning their backs on the poor and oppressed, blaspheming God with their "worship", and craving evil.
    • Finally, Judah is carried away by the Babylonians - but they return by God's leadership 70 years later and remained until 40 years after Christ dies.


    God is merciful beyond belief. ALWAYS remembering his covenant with Abraham to produce a people that would lead to the nations of the entire world being blessed - that is, coming to Christ.

    That's why God did NOT just wipe people away with one swipe in a "fit" of rage. God is a God of love and of wrath. Neither his love nor his wrath are arbitrary nor random and uncontrolled. God gave chance after chance after ad nausem chance for the kings to repent and lead the people into Godliness.

    When certain kings and others in leadership led the people into the pits of darkness and evil, God did not allow that to continue. He would destroy those kings even though another would come. God continued to remember his covenant - his promise to bring a Messiah to the Hebrews and to the world.

    What you are reading is about King Jehoram. His father had been King Jehoshaphat of Judah who was a Godly king and good king. However, he married his son to a daughter of King Ahab and his wife, Jezebel of Israel - the two most notoriously wicked people of 1 and 2 Kings and 1 and 2 Chronicles. They were Baal worshippers - basically devil worshippers and brought much evil to God's people.

    Not only was he a horrible person, but King Jehoram became king after his father because he killed all of this brothers - all who would have reigned better than he according to God.

    There came a time with people - especially leadership - fighting against God that he allowed them to live no more. God was molding and shaping a nation that would usher in Jesus Christ, the Messiah. Holiness HAD to be the standard for that nation.

    Don't allow this reading of this verse - as you say you are new to the Bible - to lead you to believe that God plays the tyrant with people. He does not. But he will not allow evil, entrenched in the soul, to continue. Either people will repent or they may possibly no longer live.

    King Jehoram led the people into deeper and deeper in. God took his life.
    sigpic
    ".....it's your nickel"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

      Wow! Lot's to chew on and explore thanks...

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

        Originally posted by puffysmoke View Post
        So I'm new to the bible and was researching some stuff and ran across this and wondered what
        it meant. I tried to google it but got nothing. Just endless websites displaying what it is
        but nothing about context and what it means. Does god smite people that have sinned so severely that
        that there is no redemption?

        thanks...
        Hi puffysmoke and welcome to the Forum. I hope you can profit much from the discussions here.

        The MAIN and NUMBER ONE characteristic of God is that He is righteous. The extent of His righteousness is displayed unequivocally by what happened to our Lord Jesus. Every single little offense cannot go unanswered. If God winked at any offense He could not be called 100% righteous. Israel voluntarily entered into a CONTRACT with God at Sinai. THRICE they said;
        Exodus 19:8; "And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD."

        Exodus 24:3; "And Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the LORD hath said will we do."

        Exodus 24:7; "And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient."

        Before Law, the terms of a contract count 100%. If you made a contract on Monday to buy a certain car for $10,578.16, and pay on Friday, and you did not, what would a righteous judge force you to pay? £10,570.00? Or $10,575.00? Or $10,578.00? No. You would be required by Law to pay the last 16 cents as well. And so, all Israel's chastisements and judgments were based on their Contract with God at Sinai. Whether king or slave, rich man or pauper, man of valor or coward, EVERY offense is met with commensurate retribution.

        Now, you and I are not under this Contract, but we were, and are, still sinners. But God has spared us. Why? Not because He winked at evil, but because He caused the RETRIBUTION to fall on Another Man - Who volunteered for it. Our Lord Jesus died for even those sins that were covered by the animal sacrifices of that Covenant. Hebrews 9:15 tells us; "And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

          Originally posted by puffysmoke View Post
          So I'm new to the bible and was researching some stuff and ran across this and wondered what
          it meant. I tried to google it but got nothing. Just endless websites displaying what it is
          but nothing about context and what it means. Does god smite people that have sinned so severely that
          that there is no redemption?

          thanks...
          Smiting is in the province of punishment. It isn't a matter of turning people into unrepentant incorrigibles. God's Grace is boundless. But He does let people make an eternal decision as to whether they want to live in His presence forever or not. They make the decision. God sets up the circumstances so that the decision can be made. Christians can help others in making this decision in a positive way, and so can bring both assurance and fulfillment to others in this lifetime. What we do in this lifetime sets the stage for what is coming in the next.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

            There are 2 covenants - the old and the new. We are under the new covenant. In the old God would do that. Thanks to Jesus' sacrifice under the new covenant there is no smiting by God.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

              Originally posted by dailyprayerwarrior View Post
              There are 2 covenants - the old and the new. We are under the new covenant. In the old God would do that. Thanks to Jesus' sacrifice under the new covenant there is no smiting by God.
              Hi and welcome to the Forum.

              You'll have to be careful here.
              • The New Covenant is made with Israel (Jer.31:31-33) not the Church
              • The New Covenant is one of Law (Jer.31:33)
              • Ananias, Saphira, the incestuous brother of 1st Corinthians 5, the Christians of 1st Corinthians 11 who took the Lord's Table unworthily, and Alexander the coppersmith - all Christians - were all smitten, or in danger of being smitten.

              We do live in the age of grace and we do escape the divine consequences of past sins. But for the Christian who habitually and casually sins there is danger that God will stop him/her by death. Remember too that Israel are still under Law and the consequences of their Covenant are still being seen today. They are hounded by the nations as per Deuteronomy 28:63-66.

              63 "And it shall come to pass, that as the LORD rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the LORD will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it.
              64 And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.
              65 And among these nations shalt thou find no ease, neither shall the sole of thy foot have rest: but the LORD shall give thee there a trembling heart, and failing of eyes, and sorrow of mind:
              66 And thy life shall hang in doubt before thee; and thou shalt fear day and night, and shalt have none assurance of thy life:"


              ... or ... Leviticus 26:36-38;

              36 "And upon them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursueth.
              37 And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your enemies.
              38 And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up."


              I was thinking of the Holocaust - less than 80 years ago. That is, Israel, still today are being "smitten". Let us deal soberly with this great God of ours.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

                Originally posted by Walls View Post
                [LIST][*]The New Covenant is made with Israel (Jer.31:31-33) not the Church
                To add some dialog, we must consider the how all of this was established.

                God made the covenant with Abraham. And that covenant was with three individuals; being God, Abraham, and Christ (Abraham's seed). This covenant is an everlasting covenant.

                The beneficiary of the covenant is Israel and the children of Abraham, as long as they kept his commandments and the practice of circumcision. But yes, the children of Israel did break the covenant and God did wipe them off the face of the earth for it. But the new covenant was not a revision or re-writing of the original covenant with Abraham. Otherwise, the 3rd party to the covenant, being "the seed" Christ would have been made void. He was in the original covenant.

                The new covenant did not abolish the original one made with Abraham, but was merely a covenant with a separate group of people who came out of captivity, being also the descendants of Abraham. This was a re-establishment with the remnant that was left, providing they keep Gods commandments and circumcision.

                Therefore, the covenant that God made with Abraham was not done away with, nor by the new testament. Not only this, but it does not only apply to Israel but to those who belong to Christ.

                1) The covenant is an everlasting covenant.
                2) It applied also to the Jewish converts at the day of Pentecost being the original stock of Israel.
                3) It also applies to the church of today being joint heirs with Christ.

                When we accept Christ as our savior, then we become children of Abraham. The promise of the covenant is with "the seed", being Christ. We become an heir of God and a joint heir with Christ (Romans 8:16,17).

                And being an heir with God, then we are also beneficiaries of this same everlasting covenant with Abraham. And our circumcision is that of the heart.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

                  God doesn't change. He's the same today as he was in Old Testament times. However, in the Old Testament things played out on a much grander scale.

                  As a loving parent would, God corrects and disciplines those He loves but never breaks them beyond hope. He's always willing to forgive if a person repents and turns back to Him. But a person's rebellion can be their own undoing; if they persist in their sin they'll eventually reap the consequences. If a person is determined to set themself up as an enemy of God then yes, He may break that person beyond hope—after having given them plenty of time to repent.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

                    Originally posted by TMarcum View Post
                    To add some dialog, we must consider the how all of this was established.

                    God made the covenant with Abraham. And that covenant was with three individuals; being God, Abraham, and Christ (Abraham's seed). This covenant is an everlasting covenant.

                    The beneficiary of the covenant is Israel and the children of Abraham, as long as they kept his commandments and the practice of circumcision. But yes, the children of Israel did break the covenant and God did wipe them off the face of the earth for it. But the new covenant was not a revision or re-writing of the original covenant with Abraham. Otherwise, the 3rd party to the covenant, being "the seed" Christ would have been made void. He was in the original covenant.

                    The new covenant did not abolish the original one made with Abraham, but was merely a covenant with a separate group of people who came out of captivity, being also the descendants of Abraham. This was a re-establishment with the remnant that was left, providing they keep Gods commandments and circumcision.

                    Therefore, the covenant that God made with Abraham was not done away with, nor by the new testament. Not only this, but it does not only apply to Israel but to those who belong to Christ.

                    1) The covenant is an everlasting covenant.
                    2) It applied also to the Jewish converts at the day of Pentecost being the original stock of Israel.
                    3) It also applies to the church of today being joint heirs with Christ.

                    When we accept Christ as our savior, then we become children of Abraham. The promise of the covenant is with "the seed", being Christ. We become an heir of God and a joint heir with Christ (Romans 8:16,17).

                    And being an heir with God, then we are also beneficiaries of this same everlasting covenant with Abraham. And our circumcision is that of the heart.
                    The Covenant under discussion is not that made with Abraham. All you have said regarding the Covenant with Abraham is true. But we speak of the Covenant of Law at Sinai. They are two distinct contracts. Galatians 3:17;

                    "And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect."

                    God has made various Covenants with men at different times;
                    1. With Noah and and "all flesh" after the flood - that of the Rainbow
                    2. With Abraham and his seed - that of Promise
                    3. With Israel, 430 years later - that of Law
                    4. Within this Covenant of Law are a number of sub-contracts like the Passover, the Sabbath and the Priesthood
                    5. Later God made a Covenant with David concerning the kingship of Israel
                    6. Lastly, at Israel's restoration when Christ returns, He will introduce the new Covenant to replace that of Sinai which was hopelessly broken.

                    The Church is only subject to TWO Covenants;
                    1. That of the Rainbow as it is made with "all flesh" (Gen.9:17; Act 15:20, 29, 21:25)
                    2. That of Promise because we proceed out of Christ Who was Seed of Abraham (Gal.3:29)

                    The Covenant of Law made 430 years after that of Promise was made with the fleshly seed of Jacob who came out of Egypt and their offspring by sexual activity - that is, the womb. The Church has nothing to do with them as it proceeds out of the Holy Spirit.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

                      Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
                      God doesn't change. He's the same today as he was in Old Testament times. However, in the Old Testament things played out on a much grander scale.

                      As a loving parent would, God corrects and disciplines those He loves but never breaks them beyond hope. He's always willing to forgive if a person repents and turns back to Him. But a person's rebellion can be their own undoing; if they persist in their sin they'll eventually reap the consequences. If a person is determined to set themself up as an enemy of God then yes, He may break that person beyond hope—after having given them plenty of time to repent.
                      I go along with this. I would like to add one thing. The retribution that falls on men is NEVER waived.
                      • If a man is one of the nations and an enemy of God, his works are displayed at the Great White Throne at the end of the Millennium (Rev.20)
                      • If a man is an Israelite his sin (singular - his corrupted Adamic nature) falls on Jesus Christ (Jn.1:29)
                      • If a man is an Israelite his trespasses (plural) are judged by the Law (Rom.2:12) and he is resurrected in fame or disgrace (Dan.12:2)
                      • If a man is a Christian his sin (singular) and his past sins (trespasses) fall on Jesus.
                      • If a man is a Christian and sins through weakness and confesses it, his sins fall on Jesus
                      • If a man is a Christian and sins willfully he will be chastised, but his sins fall on Jesus
                      • If a man is a Christian and continues to sin willfully, he could be killed by God to stop him defiling God, his spirit or the Church. At the Judgment Seat of Christ the man will bear his willful sins after conversion, and be cast out of the Millennial Kingdom (Matt.7:21-23; Gal.5:21, Eph.5:5)

                      There is no sin or trespass that will go free. Any man who escapes his sin or sins, it will be because it fell on Jesus. Nobody's sin or sins goes unpunished.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

                        Originally posted by Walls View Post
                        The Covenant under discussion is not that made with Abraham. All you have said regarding the Covenant with Abraham is true. But we speak of the Covenant of Law at Sinai. They are two distinct contracts. Galatians 3:17;

                        "And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect."

                        God has made various Covenants with men at different times;
                        1. With Noah and and "all flesh" after the flood - that of the Rainbow
                        2. With Abraham and his seed - that of Promise
                        3. With Israel, 430 years later - that of Law
                        4. Within this Covenant of Law are a number of sub-contracts like the Passover, the Sabbath and the Priesthood
                        5. Later God made a Covenant with David concerning the kingship of Israel
                        6. Lastly, at Israel's restoration when Christ returns, He will introduce the new Covenant to replace that of Sinai which was hopelessly broken.

                        The Church is only subject to TWO Covenants;
                        1. That of the Rainbow as it is made with "all flesh" (Gen.9:17; Act 15:20, 29, 21:25)
                        2. That of Promise because we proceed out of Christ Who was Seed of Abraham (Gal.3:29)

                        The Covenant of Law made 430 years after that of Promise was made with the fleshly seed of Jacob who came out of Egypt and their offspring by sexual activity - that is, the womb. The Church has nothing to do with them as it proceeds out of the Holy Spirit.
                        Yes, I agree with your post. But I am emphasizing that in Jeremiah, God was letting them know that the new covenant would not be patterned according to the covenant that he made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which they brake.

                        God was letting them know it was patterned according to the original covenant made with Abraham. This is also what Paul was teaching in Galatians 3.
                        So, but both; (1) the one God made to Abraham and (2) the one mentioned in Jeremiah, do apply to Israel and also the church of today.

                        Your original post:
                        The New Covenant is made with Israel (Jer.31:31-33) not the Church
                        The particular covenant being referred to in Jeremiah was the same "everlasting" covenant made with Abraham. As Paul stated in Galatians 3:16, "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made". But new being with those coming out of captivity.

                        Where as, the covenant made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which they brake. This one does not apply to the church of today. But was to keep them until Christ the Messiah should come.

                        Galatians 3:
                        16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
                        17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

                        Jeremiah 31:
                        31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
                        32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
                        33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

                          Originally posted by TMarcum View Post
                          Yes, I agree with your post. But I am emphasizing that in Jeremiah, God was letting them know that the new covenant would not be patterned according to the covenant that he made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which they brake.

                          God was letting them know it was patterned according to the original covenant made with Abraham. This is also what Paul was teaching in Galatians 3.
                          So, but both; (1) the one God made to Abraham and (2) the one mentioned in Jeremiah, do apply to Israel and also the church of today.



                          The particular covenant being referred to in Jeremiah was the same "everlasting" covenant made with Abraham. As Paul stated in Galatians 3:16, "Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made". But new being with those coming out of captivity.

                          Where as, the covenant made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which they brake. This one does not apply to the church of today. But was to keep them until Christ the Messiah should come.

                          Galatians 3:
                          16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.
                          17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

                          Jeremiah 31:
                          31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
                          32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
                          33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
                          I see your point, but Jeremiah 31:31-33 says twice that it is a Covenant of Law. The difference, I estimate, is that it is written on hearts, not on stone tables. But it is still of Law. But even more decisive is that the plain, unambiguous language is that it is made with the House of Israel - that divided House of Israel and Judah whose fathers came out of Egypt.

                          It might also help to appreciate two things:
                          1. The CONDITIONS for Israel's recovery is a return to the Law (Deut.30:1-5). They are to return to what Moses was teaching "THAT DAY"
                          2. Even in the Millennium we see the Law in force. Zechariah 14:16 has the nations joining in the Feast of Tabernacles after Armageddon, and Luke 22:16 has our Lord killing and eating the Passover in His Millennial Kingdom - both pillars of the Law

                          I realize that this presents difficulties, but I think we must explain them and not throw them out. Israel were under contract. They refused their Messiah and the freedom He offered. So they remain under contract. But this contract has a weakness - not in itself, but in that it appeals to the flesh (Rom.8:3). So God let's this one go, and REPLACES it with a new Contract. The CONDITIONS are still the same, for the Law cannot pass until after the Millennium, but the MECHANISM changes. The Law does not appeal to the flesh any more. It appeals to the hearts and spirits of the Israelite - and these are new (Ezekiel 11:19, 18:31, 36:26).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

                            Originally posted by Walls View Post
                            I see your point, but Jeremiah 31:31-33 says twice that it is a Covenant of Law. The difference, I estimate, is that it is written on hearts, not on stone tables. But it is still of Law. But even more decisive is that the plain, unambiguous language is that it is made with the House of Israel - that divided House of Israel and Judah whose fathers came out of Egypt.
                            Great response, but just a little more dialog.

                            This was all about the original promise to Abraham, but how that it will apply in a different way. As being children of Abraham thru an joint-heir with Christ. This was prophecy relating to Abraham's "seed" being fulfilled in Christ.

                            In Jeremiah 31,
                            31 - God was referring to "the days come". This was a time when Jesus would come and we all would be joint heirs with Christ.
                            32 - But he was emphasizing that it would not be patterned according to "the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake".
                            33 - But a time when we will worship in the spirit of the Holy Ghost, having the laws written in their inward parts and in their hearts . "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

                            Jeremiah 31
                            31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
                            32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
                            33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 2 Chronicles 21:14

                              Originally posted by TMarcum View Post
                              Great response, but just a little more dialog.

                              This was all about the original promise to Abraham, but how that it will apply in a different way. As being children of Abraham thru an joint-heir with Christ. This was prophecy relating to Abraham's "seed" being fulfilled in Christ.

                              In Jeremiah 31,
                              31 - God was referring to "the days come". This was a time when Jesus would come and we all would be joint heirs with Christ.
                              The days to come refer to when Israel (ten northern Tribes) and Judah (two southern Tribes) will be UNITED. This has not happened yet.

                              32 - But he was emphasizing that it would not be patterned according to "the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake".
                              Agreed. How was it patterned? By the writing of it on Stone Tables (TWICE). The next verse confirms it. One was written OUTSIDE THE JEW, the other written INSIDE the Jew. But it "MY LAW" in both cases.

                              33 - But a time when we will worship in the spirit of the Holy Ghost, having the laws written in their inward parts and in their hearts . "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
                              The difficulty here is that to get the Holy Spirit you have to BELIEVE (Jn.7:39; Gal.3:2). In Romans 11:25 and 32 God has concluded ALL Israel in BLINDNESS and UNBELIEF "till the time of the Gentiles is full". WE CHRISTIANS have the Holy Spirit, and live by His commands (Rom.8:14). The Israelite lives by the LAW. Up until now the LAW is written outside of him. In that day OF ISRAEL'S RECOVERY (when the TWO kingdoms are joined - Ezekiel 37) Israel's sins will be forgiven and God's Laws will be written INSIDE their hearts.

                              For reference;

                              Jeremiah 31
                              31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
                              32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:
                              33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X