No announcement yet.

From Genesis To Maps, I Believe It All!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion From Genesis To Maps, I Believe It All!

I have heard so many people say, I believe some of the bible is true, but not all of it. I ask them, well, how do you know what is true and what is not? A common response is, I just know in my heart what is true and what is not.

Next they say something like, be a good person, follow the golden rule and things like that. But the bible says, in Jeremiah 17:9, The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

But if someone feels that they can pick, choose, and refuse what they want to believe in the bible, does it do any good to quote it to them? I believe either all of it is true or none of it is.

Once a person starts telling me why they believe the bible is not accurate, I tend to shut them out. Because I do not yet understand everything,(and will not in this earth) I don't allow people to corrupt my mind with their unbelief.

The word of God is my foundation. It's all I know. I totally identify with Peter when he said, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. John 6:68

How many times do we hear, because it was written by man.

I told my caretaker today, Don't you believe that a God who created the entire universe has the ability to preserve His word?

I remember telling friends when I was a teenager, I would rather come to the end and find out the bible is not true and I wasted my time, than to be proven it is true and I am eternally lost.

So I remind myself it is not my job to drag anyone to Jesus, because I cannot save them. I just have to let my light shine and wait for opportunities to humbly share truth.

Re: From Genesis To Maps, I Believe It All!

I like your stand on this and agree. I particularly like your final sentence and will paste it here because it was that good...

"So I remind myself it is not my job to drag anyone to Jesus, because I cannot save them. I just have to let my light shine and wait for opportunities to humbly share truth."

I like your stand on this and agree. I particularly like your final sentence and will paste it here because it was that good...

"So I remind myself it is not my job to drag anyone to Jesus, because I cannot save them. I just have to let my light shine and wait for opportunities to humbly share truth."

Comment

Working...
    X