Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hebrews : Jesus the high priest the new covenant

Originally posted by Walls View Post
    It is not a case of throwing in the towel. I'll stop anyway. But you have been faced with something new and it takes time to either die a natural death, or take root. I've been studying this Bible for 30 years now. Do you know how many times I had to change my view as new and better information cane in. And it all took time. Even Paul, trained in God's Word by Gamaliel, Pharisee of Pharisees, had to be taken aside by God for 14 years for his training. He says, in 1 Corinthians 13:11; "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." Paul went through a process. You and I go through a process. The main thing is that we remain honest. If an argument is given, it must be scrutinized. If it is obviously false according to the actual words, then we discard it. But if it essentially correct, but clashes with our prior understanding, it must be filed away for the Holy Spirit to work on. Let us not be found forcing plain language into some convoluted sentence to fit our predilections.

Anyway - thanks for the exchange - and the courteous manner of your postings.
    I'm really sorry but this requires a reply. I've not been presented something new, in fact it is something "old". To reply to your post would be a massif undertaking because of the different things you come up with and it still would be in vain, you just see things differently. Which of course you may. I've been studying Scripture for almost 40 years, but that doesn't say much either, I know people that studied longer than that and know most of Scripture from memory, yet they are Roman Catholic. Take care my friend, may the Lord enlighten you mind.
    "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
    a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
    rightly dividing the word of truth."
    2 Tim. 2:15

Comment

Working...
    X