Hebrews : Jesus the high priest the new covenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hebrews : Jesus the high priest the new covenant

The book of Hebrews is a book that causes understanding....consider just what the doctrine is saying ....

God..., Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;”
    **Hebrews‬ *1:1-3‬ *KJV‬‬

“Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip....How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

.... But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.”
    **Hebrews‬ *2:1, 3-11, 14-18‬ *KJV‬‬

“Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;”
    **Hebrews‬ *3:1, 12-14‬ *KJV‬‬

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”
    **Hebrews‬ *4:12-16‬ *KJV‬‬

"So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.”
    **Hebrews‬ *5:5-10‬ *KJV‬‬

“Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.”
    **Hebrews‬ *6:17-20‬ *KJV‬‬

“If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

.....For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God. And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest: (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.”
    **Hebrews‬ *7:6-8, 11-12, 14-22, 24-28‬ *KJV‬‬

“Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things..

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

For finding fault with them, he saith, " Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. " ( Jeremiah 31:31-34)

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.”
    **Hebrews‬ *8:1-2, 4-13‬ *KJV‬‬

“Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.

Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God. But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

...And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood. For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”
    **Hebrews‬ *9:1, 6-8, 11-12, 14-20, 22-28‬ *KJV‬‬

“But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.”
    **Hebrews‬ *10:12-17, 19-24, 36-39‬ *KJV‬‬

“But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:”
    **Hebrews‬ *12:22-25, 28‬ *KJV

Hebrews is a wealth of understanding , if you realize it's about the two covenants including the priesthood authority , the law given , the sacrifices, the promises and word given , the glory and the ending....and the understanding the church does not belong to the old covenant , the blood of animals , and the words of stone, the priests who are sinners themselves , the land of Israel doomed to destruction , the worldly tabernacle already destroyed and never rebuilt....those things ore not to be remembered

But the bringing in of the new living hope , the new covenant , the high priest of God , the true heavenly tabernacle , the blood or redemption, the promises of eternal life in the kingdom ...salvation...those things are Christian hope ...

God bless , even though Hebrews seems difficult to understand , remember the reason why is that it quotes constantly from the Old Testament and is using those things to make the points being made , seperate out the o.t. Quotes from the point being made about Chrost and his priesthood , his blood and sacrifice , his word , his promises ect and it really comes into focus , the book of Hebrews that is

Re: Hebrews : Jesus the high priest the new covenant

I really love the beginning of the book of Hebrews , how it starts out exalting Jesus , the son of God and his word above even the Angels , showing his authority in the very first chapter , it really is what every Christian should grasp , the superiority of Jesus Christ , over all who came before , even Moses which Hebrews shows us Jesus is worthy of far greater honor, even moreso as a son to a servant , or a house , to the builder and maker of the house . Christ moreso than the blood of animals , compared to the blood , the precious and powerful to save blood of Christ . Again another point of doctrine in the book of Hebrews we actually learn of the meaning of phrases found elsewhere.

we know we're saved by Jesus blood , but in Hebrews you understand how and why , what it actually means when we talk about his blood. We learn without question that his words , are the living and enduring words of God forever , and that his shed blood , meant that all the words he preached , we're now on eternal effect upon both heaven and earth.

so many tell us that when he died , his words died with him. They say this by explaining proper " this ", and proper that ....but really it's about the Lord Jesus Christ , and what God the Father ordained him to preach to the world , first to Israel , and when Israel rejected him , the remnant who believed were sent with the message to all the world , all people. So the promise then to Abraham in the beginning " through thy seed all people and kind reds of the earth shall be blessed , and I will make you the father of many nations , not only one, but many nations."

this comes to pass of course , because the promise of the gospel is to receive a new spirit and the power to become the sones of God , conformed to the image of Jesus Christ , the only begotten of God . We learn this promise in his doctrine alone . He's teaching anyone who will believe , the election of his children comes by , and only by believing the gospel of the kingdom of God , as the king himself declared it , caused it by the Holy Ghost through believers to be written down , taught , accepted and believed upon by some and yet rejected by others . The promises of the One true God for eternal life , salvation from the death and bondage we know in the spiritual places of jidgement as well as on earth now, freedom and election through the resurrected Lord and his everlasting words of eternal life , with the one requirement being that we believe in the lord Jesus Christ , and his resurrection from the dead.

the key is , we don't get to pick and choose and omit somethings and only accept what we agree with ....that's where deception has its root, whenever we make a reason not to believe Jesus Christ , the way , truth and life , the Lord , the King of kings , the gate , the good shepherd , the bread of life , the water of life , the lamb of God there's a reason Jesus has so many names rooted in Old Testament prophecy....because all of it was based on the promises of his coming with life and salvation for the lost sinners who would look up where Jesus is lifted High above the earth , arms open wide from one end of the earth to the other....

his call has been shouted to ever place a man can hear , every place where many people exist , somewhere in some language there's a holy bible to be witnessed and preached by someone who believes the gospel , the loving and eternally perfect word of God , meant for the one purpose of salvation and eternal life for any and everyone who will dare to accept and believe the word , un edited , not believing the many teachers who tell us "don't believe it it's not for you ....just listen to me instead , and I'll tell you what it means so you don't need to check it out " send some money to my ministry and I'll help others understand , after all I went to someone's seminary you are just a believer "

but then Jesus said " anyone who hears and believes has passed from death to life shall not be condemned " Jesus went around shouting and crying out " whoever has ears hear me " Jesus said " whoever really heeds and keeps my word shall know the truth , and the truth will make you free"

Paul taught that God would give the gifts of things like understanding , wisdom , that God would elect the pastors and leaders according to the Holy Ghost ....there's never any seminary , but those who believe the word of the kingdom then seek after it because they are like the seeker of the pearl , who finds one worth more than anything so he gives all up and seeks after it .....like Jesus taught the kingdom really is

remember the promises Peter refers to, and Jesus himself " they will no longer say " teach us to know the lord" but they will all k ow me from least to the greatest , I'll pour out my spirit on all flesh men , women they will prophesy and testify .....

but yet considering the truth that seminaries are all very different in what they teach based on the people who found the message . Then considering Paul and peters warning that many teachers would gather together and decide they wanted doctrines that pleased more thier flesh , and would cast aside the truth to the ground , even denying the Lord who bought them says Peter...see if we actually believe there's one gospel ....then how is it that denominations and seminaries all preach different messages ?

to trust in a seminary is futile because it's a house and system made by men , it's not biblical at all , but it's of men's traditions, just like the Old Testament did remember? They left the truths of the law , and created their own systems of worship and belief , interpretations ect...that's why 1900 years ago Paul, Peter, John , James , Jesus Christ all warned those who would believe the word of God later , don't part from the one gospel , one lord , one faith because for certain many will come and introduce heresies that lead many astray , many will follow thier deceptive and pernicuos ways unto thier destruction.....it's why Peter specifically warns of Pauls wording in his letters , that many will distort what he's saying changing grace into what it is not , unti ire destruction and the destruction of many...

it's most of all why in every holy bible , there is at the heart of the bible on the center 4 full accounts , of the gospel of God , concerning his son Jesus Christ , who was promised beforehand through all the prophets and law , for the salvation and forgiveness of sins , and for the gathering into the obedience of the gospel , the once index that comes through faith , and faith that comes from the reception of , and acceptance of , and love of the truth , being hungered and thirsting for righteousness , a life that is well pleasing to him who gave his life of great value , for ours who were lost by sin....

Jesus is the way , and what he preached when John was put in prison until his ascention to heaven after his resurrection is the everlasting gospel it can save anyone who will accept and believe it , and seek after Jesus in his words. Believing and trusting , growing and beginning to bear. The fruit , he creates in the mind and heart because we have faith , and we truly do not love sin , but hunger for better things

Comment

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.”
      **Hebrews‬ *2:1, 3-11, 14-18‬ *KJV‬‬

Notice how the doctrine here says it's about Jesus becoming like us , in order to make us his brothers and sisters , or the children of God , and being a faithful and merciful high priest ..... Now look some other doctrine in the New Testament regarding this

"And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.....

....Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.”
      *‬ *
      **Romans‬ *8:27-29‬ ,34 KJV‬‬

firstborn among many brethren ....but see there in Hebrews , you are getting more of the how and why , of the same subject , how we are made children of God through Christ which consider how Hebrews is saying this same thing

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.”
      **John‬ *1:1-5, 9-14, 18‬ *KJV‬‬

see how johns gospel exalts Jesus immediately also ? How he in the first chapter also declares the gospel to give one who receives him , the power to become sons of God ? See how it all fits together and you get a more complete picture ?

The gospel ....
      "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. "

the Romans letter ...

"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren....."

The Hebrews letter ...

"For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same"

see how you get different aspects to understand better through revelation , but the message is the same , whether the children of God ..

again the gospel ...

“But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.”
      **Luke‬ *20:35-36‬ *KJV‬‬

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.”
      **Romans‬ *8:14‬ *KJV‬‬

“That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.”
      **Romans‬ *9:8‬ *KJV‬‬

“For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”

**Galatians‬ *3:26-27, 29‬ *KJV‬‬

each author gives us the same message of the gospel offering different insight for understanding John speaking of the children of God ...a fuller understanding is found when we understand they are all preaching the same gospel , the epistles are letters explaining things from the gospel to the churches...revelation of the gospel .

“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.”
      **1 John‬ *3:1-3, 10‬ *KJV‬‬

Because remember what Jesus had said in the gospel

“For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.”
      **Mark‬ *3:35‬ *KJV‬‬

you see how the gospel teaches the believer about how we , men and women who believe are the children of God , because we believe? Not whether we are Israeli by blood , but because we believe in the only messiah and lord Jesus Christ .

Faith works like that , you have to hear the right things before you can believe the right things , that's what the gospel is , the truth of God , the spirit and life of Gods word offered to you and I upon the condition that we believe what we have heard of Jesus Christ and the gospel of salvation into his eternal kingdom. But we need the truth , both the comfort and promises and all of the directions and warnings to keep us on the right paths , and away from the sorrows and death of sin.

we need to believe the truth

“Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
      **John‬ *18:37‬ *KJV‬‬

the words spirit and of eternal life

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are
      sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.”
      **John‬ *6:63, 68-69‬ *KJV‬‬

the words that will outlast heaven and earth ....

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.”
      **Matthew‬ *24:35‬ *KJV‬‬

from him who does not change

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”
      **Hebrews‬ *13:8‬ *KJV‬‬

who's words will live forever , those words by which we are born into eternal life , because we believe the power of his words to bring his promises to pass in due time.

“Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”
      **1 Peter‬ *1:21-23, 25‬ *KJV‬‬

those words by which all men will be judged, those words of eternal life

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
      **John‬ *12:48-50‬ *KJV‬‬

those words which will be preached until the end

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
      **Matthew‬ *24:14‬ *KJV‬‬

Those words of the lord for all nations until the end

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
      **Matthew‬ *28:18-20‬ *KJV‬‬

those words that mediate the new and eternal covenant paid for by his blood shed on a cross.

“And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.”
      **Hebrews‬ *12:24‬ *KJV‬‬

Those words that promise eternal inheritance , being named the children of God through the everlasting gospel , because our savior died and rose , and made for us a new and better way. A New Testament by which we serve the living God...

“And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.”
      **Hebrews‬ *9:15‬ *KJV‬‬

the book ofnhebrews really gives insight into the gospel of the kingdom of God , the kingdom of heaven to come forth with the messiah King upon his return . The high priest who makes intercession for us is Jesus , the king , Jesus , the one mediator of the one covenant , Jesus , the one acceptable sacrifice for son the blood of Jesus shed once for all. The one shepherd , Jesus , the good teacher , Jesus , the preacher of righteousness , Jesus , the great physician , Jesus ....our leader and commander , our savior and Lord of both heaven and earth , bearing the name above all names , and making his words perfect for salvation .......but will we believe this one God sent ? Or will we accept someone else telling us it's not really how the lord Jesus said it is ....listen to this other idea.?

Jesus says to believe the things he taught .....is eternal life . A believer has to decide what that is worth in thier mind and heart and if we believe it , we should consider the god pal a treasure map , we must eventually follow where it leads to have the treasures promised .....but if we will only take the steps of faith , it's so close

Comment

Originally posted by Follower1977 View Post
        Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
        Hebrews is difficult to digest, but SO powerful. This segment is basically our entire Christian life, and gospel understanding, past, present, and future summed in just a couple sentences! I view the whole book as giving the explanation for why these couple verses are so awesome.
        「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
        撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Comment

Originally posted by Aviyah View Post
          Hebrews is difficult to digest, but SO powerful. This segment is basically our entire Christian life, and gospel understanding, past, present, and future summed in just a couple sentences! I view the whole book as giving the explanation for why these couple verses are so awesome.

well , I'm not sure it's all summed up in any couple verses honestly , there's always another deeper understanding , that leads us on , Spurs us toward the high calling , of the children of God .

see we can't really sum anything up if it excludes something else is the thing it's grace , and truth together that saves us and our humility to simply accept both the comfort , Forgivness , reconciliation, and the understanding Jesus Christ preached and commanded men to accept and follow after. It's not just what he preached , not just what he did on the cross , not just that he is in heaven at Gods right hand interceeding still for us .....it's letting Gods word fill us and change us in all the areas we need change .

if there's a summary of what we need as Christians it would be the four gospels everything he taught included with the suffering of the cross , glory of the resurrection....our place really is to just accept the gospel , whether it corrects our sins and calls for repentance , or assures us of salvation and forgiveness , it's all the gospel . It's meant to produce those made after the image of Jesus Christ . The only begotten ....the children of God is the product and sadly repentance is something as important as anything

Comment

The Book Of Hebrews is wonderful. Oh praise God! Thank God for Jesus! He is our High Priest! Glory!

Comment

Originally posted by dailyprayerwarrior View Post
              The Book Of Hebrews is wonderful. Oh praise God! Thank God for Jesus! He is our High Priest! Glory!

it truly is maybe the most in depth book in the epistles pertaining to doctrine and things we see references to elsewhere. I used to have struggles understanding it because , there are so many quotes from the book of psalms, and other prophets, also so much reference to the law of Moses , which we discover in the book of Hebrews those things of the Old Testament were only foreshadows of the true eternal things we are freely offered in Christ.

you touch there on his priesthood brother , which is an issue the book ofnhebrews really discusses and brings things to light that challenge many Christians doctrinal beliefs in some respects. The entire book truly challenges things we have heard and read in books and things these days. I find it to echoe the gospel of John in many ways , both books exalt Jesus and his eternal word , his lone mediation between God and man, the one and only intercessor , the only one who has ever been able to enter o to the true holiest of all , the inner room of the heavenly tabernacle , where the presence of God truly is , as we know he declared to David , he has not dwelt in a house made by men .....since the early times with the children of Israel.

but his glory filled the heavens , those things of truth and promise which await believers . Hebrews is absolutely wonderful I fully agree . Along with the book of revelations insight into the temple in heaven , it may be the most spiritual of all the books after the gospel of John. And is in my humble belief ,ma book which if we seperate out the quotes from Old Testament scripture , and follow what the writers are teaching by using those scriptures as evidence , so many denominational points of contention could be squashed because it's rather plain when you realize how they wrote the quotes in the middle of many of the points being made .

I love the book of Hebrews for a long time it didn't really make sense , but when of all things I began to study the law of Moses , and the psalms and prophets .....the book of Hebrews became perfectly clear and wonderful , hope that just briefly touching upon some of its themes will inspire even one person to include it as a point of study and belief, because it really holds a lot of faith for a student humble enough to learn

Comment

You have this doctrine of the priesthood of Jesus Christ ....but it's not as if it doesn't exist elsewhere but the value of Hebrews is like this ...

Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.”
                **Luke‬ *22:69‬ *KJV‬‬

So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
                **Mark‬ *16:19‬ *KJV‬‬

“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.”
                **Colossians‬ *3:1‬ *KJV‬‬

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
                **Hebrews‬ *12:2‬ *KJV‬‬

“This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear....Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
                **Acts‬ *2:32-33, 36‬ *KJV‬‬

Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.”
                **1 Peter‬ *3:22‬ *KJV‬‬

“Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.”
                **Romans‬ *8:34‬ *KJV‬‬

“Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;”
                **Hebrews‬ *8:1‬ *KJV‬‬

“My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.”
                **1 John‬ *2:1-2‬ *KJV‬‬

“Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.”
                **Hebrews‬ *7:25‬ *KJV‬‬

then you have Hebrews which is deeper or rather different insights into the same understandings the epistles mention in more mysterious terms , we find they are referencing the priesthood of Jesus Christ in heaven. And we find the eternal and Unchangeable nature of his gospel , the word he preached and alone was anointed to preach to set free the captives and give sight to the blind. The salvation he preached....

God.... Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high...."
                **Hebrews‬ *1:1-4‬ *KJV‬‬

“Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. ... How shall we escape, if neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

...But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same;

that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.”
                **Hebrews‬ *2:1-4, 9-11, 14-15, 17-18‬ *KJV‬‬

“Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus"
                **Hebrews‬ *3:1

“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”
                **Hebrews‬ *4:12-16‬ *KJV‬‬

“So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec. Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

**Hebrews‬ *5:5-11, 13-14‬ *KJV‬‬

“... Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
                **Hebrews‬ *6:17-20‬ *KJV‬‬

“For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest: (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;

...For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.”
                **Hebrews‬ *7:15-22, 24-28‬ *KJV‬‬

“Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests ( Levites) that offer gifts according to the law: Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things........But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.”
                **Hebrews‬ *8:1-2, 4-6‬ *KJV‬‬

“But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; .... by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

....now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;

and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.”
                **Hebrews‬ *9:11-12, 15-17, 24, 26-28‬ *KJV‬‬

“But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.”
                **Hebrews‬ *10:12-24, 26-29, 36-39‬ *KJV‬‬

“Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:

Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:”

**Hebrews‬ *12:1-2, 5-17, 22-25, 28‬ *KJV‬‬

that really is so complete in its doctrine , the entire book I mean , such a rich volume of scriptural wealth and wisdom in the book of Hebrews ...surprisingly it also brings a whole new view of the book of revelation ...

Comment

It is really so much about Jesus Christ and his everlasting gospel

" my name is Jesus "

Who am I ? My name is Jesus . They call me many things .
                  The Son of God , and son of man , eternal King of kings.

prince of peace and Lord of lords , the Christ , the Great I AM
                  The Living word , the bread of life , Gods servant and his lamb.

messiah and good shepherd , the Savior of mankind
                  the light of all the world , and the faith you long to find

the way the truth the life , I am , the gate for all my sheep
                  living water , chosen one , the promise God will keep

You'r Author and perfector , I' m love both near and far
                  All things I have created, true Hope , bright morning star

Immanuel called God with us, I am the first and last
                  the Lord of heaven and the earth , in present , future , past.

the alpha and omega , the beginning and the end,
                  the truth is I am all of these , but you ....I've called my friends.

Comment

Hoping to do so in the right spirit, I would like to propose that our Lord Jesus is NOT the High Priest of the New Covenant.

The New Covenant predicted in Jeremiah 31 is to replace the Covenant of Sinai. And it is made exclusively with Israel - not the Church. Jeremiah 31:31-33 sets forth the conditions of the New Covenant:

31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
                    32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
                    33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."

It would do us well to have some background. To Abraham and his seed is the Covenant of PROMISE made. This Covenant guarantees that eventually ALL men and women who are an issue of Jacob's loins will live in and own Canaan. Man's part of this Covenant was circumcision. 430 years later, at Horeb in Sinai, God made another Covenant with the seed of Jacob. In this Covenant God would guarantee that Israel's would be immovable from this Land in their generations. Man's part was to keep about 630 Laws. Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28 lay forth God's side of the Contract and Israel's side of the Contract. If Israel broke this Covenant they would be ejected from their Land like God ejected the Canaanites for defiling the Land. As we know, Israel broke this Covenant within days when they made the golden calf.

Since this Covenant was repeatedly broken, first the ten northern Tribes - Israel, and later, the two southern Tribes - Judah, were cast out the Good Land. This puts God in a seemingly difficult position. On the one hand He has promised to put all circumcised Israelites into their Land with prosperity and protection, and on the other hand He is forced to keep His side of the Covenant of Law and remove Israel from their Land. To circumvent this obstacle LEGALLY (for God is ever righteous), God does two things.
                    1. He send a Lamb to Israel for their sin and sins - a Messiah
                    2. He replaces the Covenant of Law with a New Covenant of the same Law

And in this Law is the Law of the High Priest. The High Priest, according to the Law, must come from the tribe of Levi and the family of Aaron. But before we move on, it will also do us well to note, with certainty, what the verses above show, and what they don't show. They show;
                    1. That the New Covenant is made EXCLUSIVELY with those TWO houses of Israel caused by Solomon's sins - Israel and Judah (v.31)
                    2. That the New Covenant will only be instituted when theses two houses become ONE - Israel (v.33)
                    3. That the Covenant is made with the seed of those who God took out of Egypt (v.32)
                    4. That this Covenant is New but that the Laws remain the same (v.33. Matt.5:18)
                    5. That the success of the new Covenant is assured by the 630 Laws would be written on the Israelite's heart and not on Table of Stone

What this section of scripture does NOT SHOW is that the Church is involved.
                    1. The Church was not revealed to the prophets of old (Eph.3:5)
                    2. The Church is NOT under the Laws given to Moses (Gal.5:4)
                    3. The Church was never promised Canaan
                    4. The Church has as its Father, Jehovah, not men who came out of Egypt (Jn.1:12-13)
                    5. The whole New Testament CONTRASTS Israel and the Church, the one, Israel, bent on exterminating the other, the Church
                    6. The Church does not have any Laws written on their hearts. It has the Spirit of Christ dwelling in their human spirits and from there comes God's orders (Rom.8:2-14)
                    7. Israel is seed of Abraham via Jacob's sexual efforts, while the Church is seed of Abraham by the divine and spiritual efforts of Jesus Christ (Jn.1:12-3, 3:3-6; Gal.3:29)

The last important point is that because of Israel's whoring in Numbers 25, God changed the line of the High Priest to that of Phineas. This change took place when Eli died. The new line of the High Priest was that of Zadok. And after Jesus returns and sets up His House in Jerusalem in the Millennial Kingdom, one sees that the line of Zadok continues (Ezek.40:46, 43:19, 44:15, 48:11). So Hebrews 7:11-12 tells us that IF there was to be a change of the Priesthood, then there would be, by necessity, a change of Law. It reads;

11 "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
                    12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."

But we all know that Jesus did not change even one "jot or tittle" of the Law, and said it would never change till after the Millennium when heaven and earth pass.

So, I propose that Jesus Christ is High Priest TO THE CHURCH and from the order of Melchisedec. AND that the Levitical Priesthood, which is regulated by the Law, and thus the New Covenant, will produce a High Priest from Aaron via Zadok.

Comment

Originally posted by Walls View Post
                      Hoping to do so in the right spirit, I would like to propose that our Lord Jesus is NOT the High Priest of the New Covenant.

The New Covenant predicted in Jeremiah 31 is to replace the Covenant of Sinai. And it is made exclusively with Israel - not the Church. Jeremiah 31:31-33 sets forth the conditions of the New Covenant:

31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
                      32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
                      33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."

It would do us well to have some background. To Abraham and his seed is the Covenant of PROMISE made. This Covenant guarantees that eventually ALL men and women who are an issue of Jacob's loins will live in and own Canaan. Man's part of this Covenant was circumcision. 430 years later, at Horeb in Sinai, God made another Covenant with the seed of Jacob. In this Covenant God would guarantee that Israel's would be immovable from this Land in their generations. Man's part was to keep about 630 Laws. Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28 lay forth God's side of the Contract and Israel's side of the Contract. If Israel broke this Covenant they would be ejected from their Land like God ejected the Canaanites for defiling the Land. As we know, Israel broke this Covenant within days when they made the golden calf.

Since this Covenant was repeatedly broken, first the ten northern Tribes - Israel, and later, the two southern Tribes - Judah, were cast out the Good Land. This puts God in a seemingly difficult position. On the one hand He has promised to put all circumcised Israelites into their Land with prosperity and protection, and on the other hand He is forced to keep His side of the Covenant of Law and remove Israel from their Land. To circumvent this obstacle LEGALLY (for God is ever righteous), God does two things.
                      1. He send a Lamb to Israel for their sin and sins - a Messiah
                      2. He replaces the Covenant of Law with a New Covenant of the same Law

And in this Law is the Law of the High Priest. The High Priest, according to the Law, must come from the tribe of Levi and the family of Aaron. But before we move on, it will also do us well to note, with certainty, what the verses above show, and what they don't show. They show;
                      1. That the New Covenant is made EXCLUSIVELY with those TWO houses of Israel caused by Solomon's sins - Israel and Judah (v.31)
                      2. That the New Covenant will only be instituted when theses two houses become ONE - Israel (v.33)
                      3. That the Covenant is made with the seed of those who God took out of Egypt (v.32)
                      4. That this Covenant is New but that the Laws remain the same (v.33. Matt.5:18)
                      5. That the success of the new Covenant is assured by the 630 Laws would be written on the Israelite's heart and not on Table of Stone

What this section of scripture does NOT SHOW is that the Church is involved.
                      1. The Church was not revealed to the prophets of old (Eph.3:5)
                      2. The Church is NOT under the Laws given to Moses (Gal.5:4)
                      3. The Church was never promised Canaan
                      4. The Church has as its Father, Jehovah, not men who came out of Egypt (Jn.1:12-13)
                      5. The whole New Testament CONTRASTS Israel and the Church, the one, Israel, bent on exterminating the other, the Church
                      6. The Church does not have any Laws written on their hearts. It has the Spirit of Christ dwelling in their human spirits and from there comes God's orders (Rom.8:2-14)
                      7. Israel is seed of Abraham via Jacob's sexual efforts, while the Church is seed of Abraham by the divine and spiritual efforts of Jesus Christ (Jn.1:12-3, 3:3-6; Gal.3:29)

The last important point is that because of Israel's whoring in Numbers 25, God changed the line of the High Priest to that of Phineas. This change took place when Eli died. The new line of the High Priest was that of Zadok. And after Jesus returns and sets up His House in Jerusalem in the Millennial Kingdom, one sees that the line of Zadok continues (Ezek.40:46, 43:19, 44:15, 48:11). So Hebrews 7:11-12 tells us that IF there was to be a change of the Priesthood, then there would be, by necessity, a change of Law. It reads;

11 "If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
                      12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law."

But we all know that Jesus did not change even one "jot or tittle" of the Law, and said it would never change till after the Millennium when heaven and earth pass.

So, I propose that Jesus Christ is High Priest TO THE CHURCH and from the order of Melchisedec. AND that the Levitical Priesthood, which is regulated by the Law, and thus the New Covenant, will produce a High Priest from Aaron via Zadok.

um ok thanks for offering your ideas bro , God bless

Comment

Originally posted by Follower1977 View Post
                        It is really so much about Jesus Christ and his everlasting gospel

" my name is Jesus "

Who am I ? My name is Jesus . They call me many things .
                        The Son of God , and son of man , eternal King of kings.

prince of peace and Lord of lords , the Christ , the Great I AM
                        The Living word , the bread of life , Gods servant and his lamb.

messiah and good shepherd , the Savior of mankind
                        the light of all the world , and the faith you long to find

the way the truth the life , I am , the gate for all my sheep
                        living water , chosen one , the promise God will keep

You'r Author and perfector , I' m love both near and far
                        All things I have created, true Hope , bright morning star

Immanuel called God with us, I am the first and last
                        the Lord of heaven and the earth , in present , future , past.

the alpha and omega , the beginning and the end,
                        the truth is I am all of these , but you ....I've called my friends.

"Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.”
                        **John‬ *6:27-29‬ *KJV‬‬

“And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
                        **John‬ *3:13-16‬ *KJV‬‬

He that cometh from above is above all...: he that cometh from heaven is above all. And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; ..... He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”
                        **John‬ *3:31-36‬ *KJV‬‬

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.
                        **John‬ *5:22-27‬ *KJV‬‬

All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me;
                        for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
                        **Matthew‬ *11:27-30‬ *KJV‬‬

“..... Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.”
                        **John‬ *18:37‬ *KJV‬‬

“Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. ... I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.”
                        **John‬ *10:7, 9-11, 14-16, 26-30‬ *KJV‬‬

even from the word of prophecy

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.”
                        **Psalms‬ *2:6-12‬ *KJV‬‬

then more promises

“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
                        **Isaiah‬ *7:14‬ *KJV‬‬

“The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. The Lord sent a word into Jacob, and it hath lighted upon Israel.”
                        **Isaiah‬ *9:2, 6-8‬ *KJV‬‬ see John chapter 1

even the Old Testament bears witness to what it's all about

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
                        **Mark‬ *1:14-15‬ *KJV‬‬

and he preached around three years give or take depending on how you count according to the pass overs mentioned. Then after the resurrection

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
                        **Matthew‬ *28:18-20‬ *KJV‬‬

so it comes down to do you believe what the bible says ? Ultimately if you do , you believe that you are a sinner and need atonement for your sins , if you believe that , the bible has flashing arrows pointing to Jesus Christ sacrificed for your sins ,most you can repent and be totally forgiven. If you then believe that and rejoice in it , you are left without excuse when it comes to his words who died for you ....knowing this

“But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.”
                        **John‬ *4:23-26‬ *KJV‬‬

“Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.

And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.”

**John‬ *8:21, 23-28, 31-32, 34, 42-43, 45, 51‬ *KJV‬‬

believe the truth and have eternal life , here's the thing we have to see, Jesus said these things , not a pastor or teacher , not a seminary , or bible college...it's not even something we had to figure out ....it's what's written me what he actually said ......but our lord and savior said this stuff about his word ...salvation is only found here...notice to those who rejected his word he said you cannot come where I go ...but to those who receive him he says...

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.”
                        **John‬ *14:1-2, 4, 6-7‬ *KJV‬‬

everything in heaven and earth , all flesh has been given to the son of God , Jesus Christ , he is the king of heaven , savior from this world , and eternal king of the world to come, his words are going to outlast this world. So how is it they don't apply to a Christian believer? Do not be deceived , the only way is laid out before us in Christ , by Christ . It is truly an easy yoke and light burden , but requires commitment ....

then again though if we really believe Jesus died for our sins to save us , and we don't take it seriously and lack any commitment ....what are we really saying about our belief in Christ ? If we believe so much that we need to omit the words of the ruler of heaven and earth , the eternally constant savior for all men , the word of God made flesh. If somehow our faith is telling us "don't hear what he said " " don't think Gods word of salvation sent to all nations of the earth , commanded by the lord to be preached the same , sent out until the end of time as a witness , will never pass away even though heaven and earth will "....

if that's our faith and our argument is " the entirety of the gospel is Jesus death for my sin and his resurrection, just say grace now" our faith is not according to the word of God , sadly it's why were warned so much of false doctrines. They sound logical and seem wonderful , but it's because the world doesn't want to hear about repentance , righteousness, our deeds , changing our ways , following the ways of Gods children ...

because it's contrary to sinful human nature in many ways, and is not of this worlds mind and heart , but the gospel is the word of the One God for salvation through the one messiah . As Christians we have to eventually come to the point of believing the things God plainly taught through Jesus Christ , for all time , sealed forever as the new covenant according to his blood shed at Calvary for remission of sins.

Jesus decides who's saved ' our decision is to put our faith in the one God sent to save us , and not condemn. The savior Jesus Lord of all , humble and gentle , yet mighty to save Christians have everything well need in Jesus , savior , lord , high priest , brother , friend , comforter, healer , new birth , a new spirit .....strength when we are being tempted ,more toon and forgiveness intercession when we have sinned the complete new covenant is found in Christ

Comment

[...]

If you don't mind, I'm only addressing the part you made bolt and I underlined.

You are aware a lot of errors have been made in our translations and this is one of them. The word "changed" is actually "to transfer" in Greek "metatithemi" and "metathesis" (See Thayer). Heb. 7:12 actually reads"

"For the priesthood being transferred, there is made of necessity a transfer also of the law"

Meant is here the priesthood going from the Levi to Judah or from human priests to Christ, and the Law going from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant. Nowhere in Scripture is Christ called the High Priest of the Church and from the rest of Hebrews it is clear it was written for Hebrews, Jews or Israelite, see for example:

9:7 "But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people"

The Church has nothing to do with this

10:11 "And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins"

The Church never did this or was told to do this anywhere in Scripture.

13:11 "For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp"

The Church never had a sanctuary or was told to offer in it.

So I object to your proposition.
                          "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
                          a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
                          rightly dividing the word of truth."
                          2 Tim. 2:15

Comment

Originally posted by Adonijah View Post
                            If you don't mind, I'm only addressing the part you made bolt and I underlined.

You are aware a lot of errors have been made in our translations and this is one of them. The word "changed" is actually "to transfer" in Greek "metatithemi" and "metathesis" (See Thayer). Heb. 7:12 actually reads"

"For the priesthood being transferred, there is made of necessity a transfer also of the law"

Meant is here the priesthood going from the Levi to Judah or from human priests to Christ, and the Law going from the Old Covenant to the New Covenant. Nowhere in Scripture is Christ called the High Priest of the Church and from the rest of Hebrews it is clear it was written for Hebrews, Jews or Israelite, see for example:

9:7 "But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people"

The Church has nothing to do with this

10:11 "And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins"

The Church never did this or was told to do this anywhere in Scripture.

13:11 "For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp"

The Church never had a sanctuary or was told to offer in it.

So I object to your proposition.
                            I welcome your objection as it fosters further discussion.

There are two things needed to prove a point. The first is to show the opponent's argument to be wrong. The second is to give the correct understanding. My argument was built with many bricks. These you left standing. 90% of my argument stands untouched. If I show your two objections to be wrong, can we then agree?

First, scripture DOES say that our Lord Jesus is High Priest of the Church. The Book of Hebrews is written to ex-Jews, ex-Hebrews, who had embraced Christ but who were in danger of sliding back to Moses. Of these new Christians we read in Hebrews 4:14, "Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession". And again in Hebrews 10:23, "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)". So it is clear when we come to Hebrews 3:1, "Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus", THAT OUR LORD JESUS IS HIGH PRIEST TO CHRISTIANITY. It is doubly proven in that Jesus Christ is High Priest of the profession of Christians, and the author, by using the words "we", "our" and "us" that he includes himself with the ex-Jews.

Second, the grammar of Hebrews 7:12 does not say that the Law IS, or HAS BEEN changed. It says, in every literal translation that "the priesthood BEING CHANGED ... " So the question is, was the Priesthood of Levi Changed? I will quote from the Amplified Bible WITH the context. Hebrews 7:11-15 (AMP)

11 "Now if perfection (a perfect fellowship between God and the worshiper) had been attainable by the Levitical priesthood—for under it the people were given the Law—why was it further necessary that there should arise another and different kind of Priest, one after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one appointed after the order and rank of Aaron?
                            12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is of necessity an alteration of the law [concerning the priesthood] as well.
                            13 For the One of Whom these things are said belonged [not to the priestly line but] to another tribe, no member of which has officiated at the altar.
                            14 For it is obvious that our Lord sprang from the tribe of Judah, and Moses mentioned nothing about priests in connection with that tribe.
                            15 And this becomes more plainly evident when another Priest arises Who bears the likeness of Melchizedek,"

The overall context of the Book of Hebrews is, as already said, warnings to ex-Jews who had embraced Christ, but because of the seeming disadvantages of being a Christian, were in danger of turning back to Moses. The Law promised immediate reward for following God. Christianity promises reward only when Jesus comes. Law promises health, wealth and protection from ones enemies. Christianity promises persecution, poverty and martyrdom. These ex-Jews were saying; "It was much better under Moses than Christ. Come, let us return"! Did not the Lord Jesus say Himself that "the old wine was better" (Lk.5:39)? So the author of Hebrews writes his book to show the superiority of Christ over angels, Moses, Law and the Levitical Priesthood.

So when we come to Chapter 7 the TWO HIGH PRIESTS ARE COMPARED!
                            verse 11. The Levitical Priesthood could not perfect. That of Melchisedec can
                            verse 12. And if we want a High Priest according to Melchisedec we have to change the Law
                            verse 13. Israel would have to change the Law to make a High Priest from Judah
                            verse 14. But Moses, giver of the Law, said nothing of this. Moses is the giver of Law. Since no man else is the giver of the Law, WHO THEN HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE NEW LAWS AND ABOLISH MOSES? The Law given by Moses is set and cannot be changed. What does Moses say under inspiration in Deuteronomy 4:1-2?

1 "Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.
                            2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."

The threat attached to changing the Law is in the next verses. Baalpeor!!! God slew 24,000 ISRAELITES - DESTROYED FROM AMONG THE CONGREGATION OF ISRAEL! No man dare change the Law! He stands ready to be destroyed from among God's people.

And finally verse 15, together with verse 11 show that the Levitical High Priesthood is immovable. Why? ANY OTHER PRIEST WOULD BE "AN-OTHER" AND "DIFFERENT" HIGH PRIEST. That is, Aaron's seed would not be abolished. It would just have to stand NEXT TO another. There would be TWO HIGH PRIESTS, TWO Tribes involved, TWO sets of Law, TWO different results AND THUS TWO LOYALTIES.

The language and its setting - the context of verse 12 - gives the meaning of; "IF WE CHANGE THE PRIESTHOOD, THEN IT NECESSITATES A CHANGE OF LAW". But the Law cannot be changed. Moses confirmed it and Jesus did too in Matthew 5:18. BOTH are High Priests. The seed of Aaron to ISRAEL and the eternal ONE, Jesus, for the Church.

Thank you for the chance to enlarge on this major point. Go well bro.

Comment

I welcome your objection as it fosters further discussion.

There are two things needed to prove a point. The first is to show the opponent's argument to be wrong. The second is to give the correct understanding. My argument was built with many bricks. These you left standing. 90% of my argument stands untouched. If I show your two objections to be wrong, can we then agree?

First, scripture DOES say that our Lord Jesus is High Priest of the Church. The Book of Hebrews is written to ex-Jews, ex-Hebrews, who had embraced Christ but who were in danger of sliding back to Moses. Of these new Christians we read in Hebrews 4:14, "Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession". And again in Hebrews 10:23, "Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised)". So it is clear when we come to Hebrews 3:1, "Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus", THAT OUR LORD JESUS IS HIGH PRIEST TO CHRISTIANITY. It is doubly proven in that Jesus Christ is High Priest of the profession of Christians, and the author, by using the words "we", "our" and "us" that he includes himself with the ex-Jews.
                              Where did you find this was written to ex-Jews? Isn't it clear from Paul's other letters ex-Jews do not exist? Take for instance Romans? See for example v. 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek". So not to ex-Jews, what you seem to miss is there are two kind of Jews, those who believe in Christ and those who do not. But both are still Jews. During the same time these letter were written - the Acts period - this discussion was going on, should the Gentile believers be circumcised, Acts 15? So, it is a assumption you use to build the rest of your point.

Second, the grammar of Hebrews 7:12 does not say that the Law IS, or HAS BEEN changed. It says, in every literal translation that "the priesthood BEING CHANGED ... " So the question is, was the Priesthood of Levi Changed? I will quote from the Amplified Bible WITH the context. Hebrews 7:11-15 (AMP)

11 "Now if perfection (a perfect fellowship between God and the worshiper) had been attainable by the Levitical priesthood—for under it the people were given the Law—why was it further necessary that there should arise another and different kind of Priest, one after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one appointed after the order and rank of Aaron?
                              12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is of necessity an alteration of the law [concerning the priesthood] as well.
                              13 For the One of Whom these things are said belonged [not to the priestly line but] to another tribe, no member of which has officiated at the altar.
                              14 For it is obvious that our Lord sprang from the tribe of Judah, and Moses mentioned nothing about priests in connection with that tribe.
                              15 And this becomes more plainly evident when another Priest arises Who bears the likeness of Melchizedek,"
                              Again you are building your point on the assumption these are ex-Jews which Scripture nowhere says in fact it says the opposite. These are Christian-Jews and they should follow the Law something the Gentiles should not. The Jews are under a blood covenant with God (Jehovah) and this can only stop by completion as the Lord says in Mat. 5:17, 18 "...Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled". That's why Hebrews talks so much about the Law in fact there are 40 quotations to the O.T..

The Priesthood point to those who are priests, or can be appointed as priests, and that was transferred from one to the other. When this happens the Law must also be transferred from the broken Old Covenant to the New Covenant. In the Old Covenant the people of Israel would do it all "...All the words which the LORD hath said will we do" Exo. 24:3, with the New Covenant it is God who does it "...I will pour my spirit upon thy seed..." Isa. 44:3 and Jer. 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah". See also Eze. 36:26 "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh"

The overall context of the Book of Hebrews is, as already said, warnings to ex-Jews who had embraced Christ, but because of the seeming disadvantages of being a Christian, were in danger of turning back to Moses. The Law promised immediate reward for following God. Christianity promises reward only when Jesus comes. Law promises health, wealth and protection from ones enemies. Christianity promises persecution, poverty and martyrdom. These ex-Jews were saying; "It was much better under Moses than Christ. Come, let us return"! Did not the Lord Jesus say Himself that "the old wine was better" (Lk.5:39)? So the author of Hebrews writes his book to show the superiority of Christ over angels, Moses, Law and the Levitical Priesthood.
                              I don't think this is the case, I think Hebrews 6 tells us this in the proper translation. V. 1 says "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God". The word "laying" is "kataballo" which is correctly translated in 2 Cor. 4:9 "Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed", and Rev. 12:10 "...for the accuser of our brethren is cast down...". So the Hebrews were in danger of completely casting down there faith when the Pentecostal gifts would cease, not to the Law of Moses but to complete disbelief. That's why six point are mentioned in Heb. 6:2-5.

So when we come to Chapter 7 the TWO HIGH PRIESTS ARE COMPARED!
                              verse 11. The Levitical Priesthood could not perfect. That of Melchisedec can
                              verse 12. And if we want a High Priest according to Melchisedec we have to change the Law
                              verse 13. Israel would have to change the Law to make a High Priest from Judah
                              verse 14. But Moses, giver of the Law, said nothing of this. Moses is the giver of Law. Since no man else is the giver of the Law, WHO THEN HAS THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE NEW LAWS AND ABOLISH MOSES? The Law given by Moses is set and cannot be changed. What does Moses say under inspiration in Deuteronomy 4:1-2?

1 "Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you.
                              2 Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you."

The threat attached to changing the Law is in the next verses. Baalpeor!!! God slew 24,000 ISRAELITES - DESTROYED FROM AMONG THE CONGREGATION OF ISRAEL! No man dare change the Law! He stands ready to be destroyed from among God's people.

And finally verse 15, together with verse 11 show that the Levitical High Priesthood is immovable. Why? ANY OTHER PRIEST WOULD BE "AN-OTHER" AND "DIFFERENT" HIGH PRIEST. That is, Aaron's seed would not be abolished. It would just have to stand NEXT TO another. There would be TWO HIGH PRIESTS, TWO Tribes involved, TWO sets of Law, TWO different results AND THUS TWO LOYALTIES.

The language and its setting - the context of verse 12 - gives the meaning of; "IF WE CHANGE THE PRIESTHOOD, THEN IT NECESSITATES A CHANGE OF LAW". But the Law cannot be changed. Moses confirmed it and Jesus did too in Matthew 5:18. BOTH are High Priests. The seed of Aaron to ISRAEL and the eternal ONE, Jesus, for the Church.

Thank you for the chance to enlarge on this major point. Go well bro.
                              The part I made bold and underlined above I agree with, Heb. 7 therefore doesn't say "change" but "carried over" or "transferred" as it is translated in Acts 7:16 "And were carried over into Sychem...", the were not changed into Sychem but transfered into it.
                              "Study to shew thyself approved unto God,
                              a workman that needeth not to be ashamed,
                              rightly dividing the word of truth."
                              2 Tim. 2:15

Comment

Working...
                              X