Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The USA is not a Christian nation (technically)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The USA is not a Christian nation (technically)

Originally posted by Walls View Post
    1. First, Psalm 33:12 concerns Israel. The second half of the verses is about Who chose who. Israel did not chose the Lord, but the Lord Israel (Deut.7:7, 10:15). The sense of the verse is that blessed is the nations who was chosen by the Lord to be their God and not the choice of men who choose gods.
    2. Second, the choice of the Fathers of the Constitution might have meant Jehovah, and Jesus, but they chose not to acknowledge His Name. Rather, the God of the USA is displayed in their symbolism - the pentagram, the hexagram and the obelisk of Washington - all dating back to Nimrod and Babel.
    3. Third, God made a Covenant with men concerning the shedding of innocent blood. Currently, only 29 States uphold the death penalty. And in these 29 States dozens of plea-deals are made to forego the death penalty. Last year there were 15,500 murders in the U.S. of A
    4. The U.S.A. guarantees the rights of a a criminal but will not guarantee the rights of the innocent
    5. The U.S.A., far from administering God's required Justice - an eye-for-an-eye, and a-life-for-a-life, has a policy of mild retribution and of letting offenders out of jail to prey on society again. The known rate of rehabilitation of criminals is less than 10%, yet murderers, rapists, thieves and child molesters are consistently released to repeat their crimes.
    6. The Law of Moses, given by God, requires justice. The Law of the USA requires IN-justice.

USA a God-fearing, Christian Land? I think not.
    There has always been men doing evil. Like it or not this is a nation that has declared the Lord. That in itself should make you happy as a christian. You make it clear how you feel about the USA...one thing good about that is that you are free to leave the country and live elsewhere. It comes down to this: is Jesus himself Almighty God?
    Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus is God to me...He is NOT at the right hand...He is IN the throne:

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Comment

1. First, Psalm 33:12 concerns Israel. The second half of the verses is about Who chose who. Israel did not chose the Lord, but the Lord Israel (Deut.7:7, 10:15). The sense of the verse is that blessed is the nations who was chosen by the Lord to be their God and not the choice of men who choose gods.
      2. Second, the choice of the Fathers of the Constitution might have meant Jehovah, and Jesus, but they chose not to acknowledge His Name. Rather, the God of the USA is displayed in their symbolism - the pentagram, the hexagram and the obelisk of Washington - all dating back to Nimrod and Babel.
      3. Third, God made a Covenant with men concerning the shedding of innocent blood. Currently, only 29 States uphold the death penalty. And in these 29 States dozens of plea-deals are made to forego the death penalty. Last year there were 15,500 murders in the U.S. of A
      4. The U.S.A. guarantees the rights of a a criminal but will not guarantee the rights of the innocent
      5. The U.S.A., far from administering God's required Justice - an eye-for-an-eye, and a-life-for-a-life, has a policy of mild retribution and of letting offenders out of jail to prey on society again. The known rate of rehabilitation of criminals is less than 10%, yet murderers, rapists, thieves and child molesters are consistently released to repeat their crimes.
      6. The Law of Moses, given by God, requires justice. The Law of the USA requires IN-justice.

USA a God-fearing, Christian Land? I think not.
      While a definite derail to this thread, I have a feeling that your take on recidivism is not particularly accurate. Wiki has an article on this matter. Although dated now, in 1994, recidivism rates among those found guilty of murder are generally very low (1.2%), those of rape are also low (2.5%). Much higher rates generally are found in the property crime, drugs and weapons-related.

With a family member fairly high up in the corrections service of Canada these rates are also very similar to those stated above at this time.
      Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
      Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Originally posted by kyCyd View Post
        There has always been men doing evil. Like it or not this is a nation that has declared the Lord. That in itself should make you happy as a christian. You make it clear how you feel about the USA...one thing good about that is that you are free to leave the country and live elsewhere. It comes down to this: is Jesus himself Almighty God?
        Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
        I see you avoided most of my points.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
          While a definite derail to this thread, I have a feeling that your take on recidivism is not particularly accurate. Wiki has an article on this matter. Although dated now, in 1994, recidivism rates among those found guilty of murder are generally very low (1.2%), those of rape are also low (2.5%). Much higher rates generally are found in the property crime, drugs and weapons-related.

With a family member fairly high up in the corrections service of Canada these rates are also very similar to those stated above at this time.
          I'll agree that statistics can be contended. I also got my figures from the Internet, but I'm willing to concede.

Comment

I'll agree that statistics can be contended. I also got my figures from the Internet, but I'm willing to concede.
            No problem. I agree with the main thrust of your argument.

No problem. I agree with the main thrust of your argument.
            Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
            Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

There have been many false prophets using the name of Jesus to further their own aim-- Why on earth anyone would believe a Millionaire who is NOT humble or Christlike in anyway actually worships Him is beyond me.
              Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Comment

Oh, this is a good post! Look at the replies back and forth. Good stuff!

Comment

He is still at the right hand of his father.

Heb_8:1* Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Heb_10:12* But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Heb_12:2* Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1Pe_3:22* Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
                  James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

What to you needs to be done to show we are a christian nation?
                    It might help to define what "Christian nation" even means. I don't think the title really has any significance.

Now there is a "Christian nation" of believers, the kingdom that "cannot be seen," and is "not of this world," that grows and has grown throughout the whole earth. This isn't what most people are referring to when speaking about America, but it would be the only Biblically meaningful usage.
                    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
                    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Comment

Well you are welcome to your own opinion...but this topic was not about laws of a nation.
                      Actually it is about the laws of the nation. I recognize a large percentage of Americans are Christian and I'm thankful for that. But the Constitution forbids the formation of a state (national) religion—Christian or otherwise. If you want to go off of the number of people who are practicing Christians then I suppose you could define the US as a Christian nation. But in the title of this post I added "technically"; the reason for this was to make it clear I'm talking about US official policy, not numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post

Heb_8:1* Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Heb_10:12* But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Heb_12:2* Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

1Pe_3:22* Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto him.
                        This verse is written in red in my bible...said by the Lord...I believe it...you can believe what you like.

Originally posted by ewq1938 View Post

This verse is written in red in my bible...said by the Lord...I believe it...you can believe what you like.

Comment

That doesn't say Christ changed sides. He is still on the right side of the father.
                          James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Comment

Working...
                          X