Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question - Revelation 5:10 – Who will we reign over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question - Revelation 5:10 – Who will we reign over?

QUESTION
    Revelation 5:10 – Who will we reign over?

Revelation 5:10
    And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

As I understand it there will be a thousand years here on earth then a new heaven and earth will come down out of heaven…and I think the old world, that is the current planet earth will be burned up..and I think the old heaven too….or something like that….

Based on that…I have some questions about Revelation 5:10
    Quote Revelation 5:10:
    “And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.”
    Unquote

My questions are…
    1. What earth is Revelation 5:10 referring to?....the old earth…or the new earth?...
    2. Who or what will we reign over?....specifically….will there be people we reign over…if so will they be the unbelievers from the old earth era?....if so why would they be in the new earth and not in hell?
    The only thing I know for sure is "we shall reign on the earth.”

Revelation 22:5 also repeats those with Christ in the NHNE will reign for ever and ever, (all eternity).

The selected verses prior to 22:5’s eternal reign, provide a number of characteristics of what the NHNE will be like during the eternal reign.

What a great hope the people of God have to look forward to!

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away;

3 Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;

and there shall be no more death,

neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain:

for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things;

22 And I saw no temple therein

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon

there shall be no night there.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth,
    but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

3 And there shall be no more curse:

5 And there shall be no night there;

and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Jesus is YHWH the eternal Great I AM.
    • Jesus said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: ye are of this world; I AM not of this world. if ye believe not that I AM He, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:23
    • " I YHWH the LORD, the first, and with the last; I AM He. Thus saith YHWH the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer YHWH the LORD of hosts; I AM the first, and I AM the last; and beside me there is no God.” Isaiah 41:4,44:6
    • "And [the son of Man] laid his right hand upon me, saying Fear not; I AM the first and the last: I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore. These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" Rev 1:17, 2:8
    • "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Rev 22:12

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
      Revelation 22:5 also repeats those with Christ in the NHNE will reign for ever and ever, (all eternity).

The selected verses prior to 22:5’s eternal reign, provide a number of characteristics of what the NHNE will be like during the eternal reign.

What a great hope the people of God have to look forward to!

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away;

3 Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes;

and there shall be no more death,

neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain:

for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things;

22 And I saw no temple therein

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon

there shall be no night there.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth,
      but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

3 And there shall be no more curse:

5 And there shall be no night there;

and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

Thank you David. What is NHNE?...Please do not use acronyms..

Comment

Originally posted by Carlton View Post

Thank you David. What is NHNE?...Please do not use acronyms..
        Carlton,
        NHNE is just an abbreviation, like you sometimes see: LOF (Lake of Fire), or GWTJ (Great White Throne Judgment), or LXX (Septuagint), or 144K (the hundred and forty four thousand), etc...

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth [NHNE]: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away;
        • Jesus said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I AM from above: ye are of this world; I AM not of this world. if ye believe not that I AM He, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:23
        • " I YHWH the LORD, the first, and with the last; I AM He. Thus saith YHWH the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer YHWH the LORD of hosts; I AM the first, and I AM the last; and beside me there is no God.” Isaiah 41:4,44:6
        • "And [the son of Man] laid his right hand upon me, saying Fear not; I AM the first and the last: I AM He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I AM alive for evermore. These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive" Rev 1:17, 2:8
        • "And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I AM Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." Rev 22:12

Comment

Yes i know its an abbreviation...works if you're in an academic setting but not here...

Comment

Revelation 5:10 also supplies we... or at least some...will be kings and priests...i wonder if everyone will be both a king and priest...or some will hold the office of king and others the office of priest...also I wonder if everyone in heaven will hold one or both offices...or only some...

Revelation 5:10
            And hast made us unto our God kings and priests

Comment

John is likely quoting Exodus 19:6 "And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."

imo, us being Kings shows us as the victors and overcomers over all things through Christ, and as priests, shows us in our nearness to the Lord in service and in communion; we are in His midst forevermore, He is our God and we are His people; and we serve Him day and night forevermore; in a similar manner of how priests serve the Lord in His temple,in the earthly shadow and pattern; but for us then, it will be the final realized fulfillment of the pattern of Kings and priests.

Comment

Revelation 5:10 is john repeating the words of a song sung by the four beasts and/or the twenty four elders.

Comment

Working...
                X