- Sexual Purity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: - Sexual Purity

I've observed sin being a lot like plaque.

I see every time a person sinning, another layer being added, and it building up more and more.

It will produce bad results.

A whole lot of people deceive themselves about whether or not they are in fact doing what they are doing.

Comment

What do I do ? My husband has passed away........... to old to marry........ or find a man, I do not even want to.

Its been a couple of years....... it isn't easy any more..... what there to do ? I want to go home........ But I guess

its not time........ did not know it was going to be like this............. at 82 !
      Eph. 2:8
      For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
      9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Comment

Thank you for such an in depth study on this topic. This is something that has been rolling around in my mind lately as well. I've been single for 5 years now. The first 2 years or so I thought it was ok to remarry...though I spoke differently. Somehow in my mind I was able to make excuses to remarry, when in fact according to scripture it is not ok until my ex husband passes away. Who knows how long he'll live...I could wind up living the rest of my life single and I'm still quite young. So I told the Lord I want to be obedient and honor God in this regard. Shortly after determining to do this I realized I desperately needed to change my thought patterns about sex, or I would always be tempted and...how do I put this delicately...enjoying sexual relations alone just seemed to me to be sinful...1 Corinthians 7:9. So I took it to the Lord and asked him to take even that desire from me so I can honor him with my body and my mind.
        It's been a couple years now since and I have to say I've begun to gain a greater understanding of why the sin of sexual impurity is so rampant in our lives.
        Truly we've turned it into something perverse that must be really good every time or its just not worth it.
        And on top of that we have the notion that we have to have it often.
        But once we make being holy and sanctified in our BODIES AND MINDS, as high of a priority as being holy in every other aspect of our lives, the interest in sex really begins to wane and be low on our list of priorities.
        As husband and wife, if a couple is of the same mind on this subject I would think then the marriage bed would truly become a beautiful act of love between two people made in the image of our Holy God.

If it helps to understand the value of sexual purity, consider this...would the things you desire or think about andthe things you're doing be something that honors and glorifies the Lord Jesus Christ?
        Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

I appreciate all who have responded to this very important topic of "Sexual Purity", especially in the times in which we are now living. As I said in my original post, there are certain groups and individuals who are trying to redefine marriage by marrying man to man and woman to woman. Many individuals see no harm in having extra-marital relationships. They justify their actions by saying that it helps the marriage. Moreover, marriage, as God has ordained, is the foundation of a family and families are the foundation of society. When marriages are destroyed, families are hurt severely and society eventually is affected in an adverse way. God created us as sexual beings, and our sexual drive is a good and powerful part of us. However, when those desires surpass our desire for God, or when we seek to fulfill them apart from God’s prescribed means recorded in His Word they will become our demise . God's mandate for sexual purity is the same today as when Solomon wrote the Proverbs; the problem is that man has so perverted and twisted this mandate to fulfill the lust of their own flesh, disregarding what the Word of God says. God's will for every individual is found in 1 Thessalonians 4:3, 4, “For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: that every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honor”

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil" - Proverbs 3:5-7
          My Blog at Wordpress - https://www.hiseternalword.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
          X