Paula White prayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paula White prayer

Paula White, Mr Trumps spiritual advisor, in fine fettle at her church.Your thoughts?

Paula White's prayer.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

Another article I read mentioned that the phrasing was "spiritual warfare"-type language which possibly makes sense, but I have no experience in that so I'd have to defer to someone better versed in that aspect of Christian thought or practices. While I have absolutely no use for the prosperity gospel preachers, this might be a bit of a tempest in a teapot. For someone in such a position as she is though, she should be far more aware of her words and how they are construed.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

"Lord, please hear our prayers" is about all I can say.

"But I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess."—Revelation 2:20.
      Love is patient, love is kind; it does not envy, it does not boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberseeker View Post
        Your thoughts?

我们有这盼望,就像灵魂的锚,又稳当又坚固,通过幔子直进到里面。
        This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and reliable...
        (Hebrews 6:19 CNV / NASB)

Comment

Anyone know where there's a full transcript of White's prayer? I've looked but can't seem to find it.
          Love is patient, love is kind; it does not envy, it does not boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.

Comment

Fanaticism at best. Highly unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
              Anyone know where there's a full transcript of White's prayer? I've looked but can't seem to find it.
              Some have said that its been taken out on context. Perhaps, but whether in or out of context, cursing someones womb in the name of Jesus doesn't seem right to me.
              "Your name and renown

Comment

Well, yeah. Regardless of what she said or didn't say, I know of any number of other reasons why her being in the White House is a bad idea.

Comment

Some have said that its been taken out on context. Perhaps, but whether in or out of context, cursing someones womb in the name of Jesus doesn't seem right to me.
                  I am no fan of this lady. But I don't think that is what she meant. The scriptures talk about birth pangs and are not referring to a physical birth. I think she was referring to Satan birthing a plan, etc. not an actual womb or a person.

Here's a link to a NYT article about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/27/u...age-video.html

And here's a quote in there from Ms. White

She called for any “strange winds that have been sent to hurt the church, sent against this nation, sent against our president, sent against myself” to be broken. “In the name of Jesus, we command all satanic pregnancies to miscarry right now,” Ms. White said. “We declare that anything that’s been conceived in satanic wombs, that it’ll miscarry. It will not be able to carry forth any plan of destruction, any plan of harm.”
                  Here is how she explained it in a tweet that is referenced in the article:

Ms. White said in a tweet that the video was taken out of context and that she was referring to a specific Bible passage, Ephesians 6:12. “I was praying Eph 6:12 that we wrestle not against flesh and blood,” she said. “Anything that has been conceived by demonic plans, for it to be canceled and not prevail in your life.”
                  Please don't take this as an endorsement of her or her doctrines. But I think the media is being unfair to her right now. But that is what people do these days. Many people talk in hyperbole and symbolically. That is how I took her words as symbolic.
                  Matt 9:13
                  13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                  NASU

Comment

Ran across this song by Christian Hip Hopper Shai Linne. It's called Fal$e Teacher$. Paula White gets an honorable mention. This is great!

[Intro]
                    Special dedication to my brothers and sisters on the great continent of Africa
                    To Saints in Malawi, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Zimbabwe
                    Don't be deceived by what America is sending y'all man

[Verse]
                    Let me begin, while there is still ink left in my pen
                    I am set to contend for Truth you can bet will offend
                    Deception within the church man, who's letting them in?
                    We talked about this years ago, let's address it again (Yeh)
                    And I ain't really trying to start beef
                    But some who claim to be part of His sheep got some sharp teeth (they're wolves)
                    You cast at me when you criticize them
                    But Jesus told us: Matthew 7:16, we can recognize them!
                    And God forbid that for the love of some fans
                    I keep quiet and watch them die with their blood on my hands!
                    So, there's nothing left for me to do except to speak to you
                    In the spirit of Jude 3 and 2nd Peter 2
                    And I know that some would label me a Pharisee
                    Because today the only heresy is saying that there's heresy:
                    "How dare they be specific and drop some clarity
                    On the popularity of the gospel of Prosperity"
                    Turn off TBN, that channel is overrated
                    The pastors speak bogus statements, financially motivated
                    It's kind of like a pyramid scheme
                    Visualize Heretics christianizing the American dream
                    It's foul and deceitful, they're lying to people
                    Teaching that camels squeeze through the eye of a needle!
                    Ungodly and wicked, ask yourself how can they not be convicted
                    Treating Jesus like a lottery ticket
                    And you're thinking they're not the dangerous type
                    Because some of their statements are right
                    That only proves that Satan comes as an angel of light
                    This teaching can't be believed without a cost
                    The lie is you can achieve a crown without a cross
                    And I hear it all the time when they speak on the block
                    Even unbelievers are shocked how they're fleecing the flock
                    It should be obvious then, yet I'll explain why it's in
                    Peep the Bible, it's in 1 Timothy 6:9-10
                    It talks about how the desire for riches
                    Has left many souls on fire and stitches, mired in ditches
                    Tell me, who would teach you to pursue as a goal
                    The very thing that the Bible said will ruin your soul, huh?
                    Yet they're encouraging the love of money
                    To make it worse, they've exported this garbage into other countries!
                    My heart breaks even now as I'm rhyming
                    You wanna know what all false teachers have in common? (what?)
                    It's called selfism the fastest growing religion
                    They just dress it up and call it "Christian"
                    Don't be deceived by this funny biz
                    If you come to Jesus for money, then he's not your God, money is!
                    Jesus is not a means to an end
                    The Gospel is He came to redeem us from sin
                    And that is the message forever I yell
                    If you're living your best life now you're heading for hell!

(Talk to them)
                    Joel Osteen - false teacher!
                    (Let them know)
                    Creflo Dollar is a false teacher!
                    (Who else? Who else?)
                    Benny Hinn is a false teacher!
                    I know they're popular but don't let them deceive ya!
                    (Talk to them)
                    TD Jakes is a false teacher!
                    (Tell the Truth)
                    Joyce Meyer is a false teacher!
                    (Let them know)
                    Paula White is a false teacher!
                    Use your discernment, let the Bible lead ya!
                    (Keep going)
                    Fred Price is a false teacher!
                    (Tell the Truth)
                    Kenneth Copland is a false teacher!
                    (Who else? Who else?)
                    Robert Tilton is a false teacher!
                    I know they're popular but don't let them deceive ya!
                    (Talk to them)
                    Eddie Long is a false teacher!
                    (Let them know)
                    Juanita Bynum is a false teacher!
                    (Who else? Who else?)
                    Paul Crouch is a false teacher!
                    Use your discernment, let the Bible lead ya!

[Timothy Brindle]
                    "But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep." 2 Peter 2:1-3

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark

I am no fan of this lady. But I don't think that is what she meant. The scriptures talk about birth pangs and are not referring to a physical birth. I think she was referring to Satan birthing a plan, etc. not an actual womb or a person.

And here's a quote in there from Ms. White

She called for any “strange winds that have been sent to hurt the church, sent against this nation, sent against our president, sent against myself” to be broken. “In the name of Jesus, we command all satanic pregnancies to miscarry right now,” Ms. White said. “We declare that anything that’s been conceived in satanic wombs, that it’ll miscarry. It will not be able to carry forth any plan of destruction, any plan of harm.”
                      OK Mark, I can accept this hyperbolic explanation. Never-the-less, I don't believe that she has the right to declare from her own spirit, curses as if they were the word of the Lord. Moreover, I don't believe that such women should be exercising authority over men, what less the president. Its disgraceful.
                      "Your name and renown

Comment

OK Mark, I can accept this hyperbolic explanation. Never-the-less, I don't believe that she has the right to declare from her own spirit, curses as if they were the word of the Lord. Moreover, I don't believe that such women should be exercising authority over men, what less the president. Its disgraceful.
                        I don't see where she cursed anyone. She was resisting what is called schemes of the devil, his plans, etc. I don't see where she cursed people. Maybe I am mistaken. As I said before, please don't take my words here as an endorsement of her or her theology. But that doesn't mean we should misrepresent what she was saying and use it as an excuse to demonize her.

God bless!
                        13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                        NASU

Comment

Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
                          Can't find the full, but here's an extended clip:

我们有这盼望,就像灵魂的锚,又稳当又坚固,通过幔子直进到里面。
                          This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and reliable...
                          (Hebrews 6:19 CNV / NASB)

Comment

Originally posted by Aviyah View Post
                            Can't find the full, but here's an extended clip:
                            Thank you Aviyah. I just listened to it. I think this clip pretty much confirms her words are being misrepresented. Just to be clear, again, this doesn't mean I support her or her theology.

God bless

Mark

NASU

Comment

me getting angry. sorry (delete)
                              "Your name and renown

Comment

Working...
                              X