I'm a pillar of salt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a pillar of salt!

This lockdown is making me feel so weird!
    I sit looking out at sunny day with birds fluttering carefree as they start their spring mating and I have no need to go out and nowhere to go as it seems police patrols are ordering people off the streets.
    Just last week I had rented a car, driven through lovely English countryside to a distant town, viewed and agreed to rent a super new apartment for a new life, eaten latte and cream cake in a supermarket with full shelves, been free to go and do whatever I wished - and suddenly it seems all that has gone!
    It's a bit like Lot's wife looking back with longing for previous life in Sodom or more appropriately the Israelites running out of water in the desert and blaming Moses for leading them away from the full bellies they had while slaving for the Egyptians and ignoring the fact that they were laden down with gold and other valuables forced on them by the Egyptians!
    Now to make matters worse, my internet server is overloading from everyone surfing at home!

Your not a pillar of salt. (If I could figure out how to use this new format of the site I would put a hug in here.)

Wanting normal life with food and so on is not wrong or looking back. Being delivered from the slavery of sin and wanting to go right back into that slavery is another matter. And looking back isn't the same as stumbling. Even Paul said he didn't do what he wanted and did do what didn't want to do. Our stumbling and short comings are not looking back unless that stumbling is our hearts desire as opposed to our hearts desire being to follow Jesus in obedience.

Do your best to keep in the Bible, prayer and study then peace, strength, and obedience will follow. We all struggle, stumble, are weak and a lot of times stupid. Join the club...lol. And God is fully aware of that. He loves us anyway and desires us to trust and follow Him. He loves us because of Who He is, not because of who we are.

(Eph 5:26) ...that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,...

sigpic

Comment

People keep wondering when things will go back to normal, and it's becoming more clear as time passes that America will not go back to being the same. Huge changes are happening and, while you may not be a pillar of salt now, that could change if you (or really, all of us) are not willing to change with the times. I'm not aware of any prophecy in the Bible predicting this pandemic (though perhaps Jesus' comments about pestilences could fit) but the changes that are happening now could very well trigger other prophecy, like the destruction of America, the mark of the Beast, and changes in world politics consistent with the Revelation.

I talked to someone the other day who struggled with the idea that America could be destroyed because there are still so many Christian there, but, relating this back to your example of Sodom, Abraham also believed there were surely many righteous people in Sodom. Why would he believe that? Perhaps those people went to church, sang praise songs, read their religious tests regularly, paid their tithes, etc; He had been fooled by the same kind of outward, religious veneer that Jesus had criticized in the pharisees. Despite the warnings, those people he believed were righteous were destroyed precisely because they just didn't care about what God wanted. They were too caught up in the normalcy of their day-to-day lives. Jesus comments on this in Luke 17, remarking that they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building, and marrying and giving in marriage when their destruction came suddenly. They had become complacent, no longer caring about what God wanted nor listening to his warnings. I believe something similar is happening in America at the moment. Destruction is coming but, for the most part, people can't believe it because they're convinced there are too many righteous people in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by John Helpher View Post
        People keep wondering when things will go back to normal, and it's becoming more clear as time passes that America will not go back to being the same. Huge changes are happening and, while you may not be a pillar of salt now, that could change if you (or really, all of us) are not willing to change with the times. I'm not aware of any prophecy in the Bible predicting this pandemic (though perhaps Jesus' comments about pestilences could fit) but the changes that are happening now could very well trigger other prophecy, like the destruction of America, the mark of the Beast, and changes in world politics consistent with the Revelation.

I talked to someone the other day who struggled with the idea that America could be destroyed because there are still so many Christian there, but, relating this back to your example of Sodom, Abraham also believed there were surely many righteous people in Sodom. Why would he believe that? Perhaps those people went to church, sang praise songs, read their religious tests regularly, paid their tithes, etc; He had been fooled by the same kind of outward, religious veneer that Jesus had criticized in the pharisees. Despite the warnings, those people he believed were righteous were destroyed precisely because they just didn't care about what God wanted. They were too caught up in the normalcy of their day-to-day lives. Jesus comments on this in Luke 17, remarking that they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building, and marrying and giving in marriage when their destruction came suddenly. They had become complacent, no longer caring about what God wanted nor listening to his warnings. I believe something similar is happening in America at the moment. Destruction is coming but, for the most part, people can't believe it because they're convinced there are too many righteous people in the country.
        Very good post. It's the entire Western world, not just America. This pandemic is causing the economies of the West to suffer gravely - and yet South East Asia doesn't look nearly as bad (I'm not sure what is happening to the Chinese economy or the Turkish economy, but the West sure looks like it's on the decline right now).

PS: When you speak of America, you say "so many Christians there" (as opposed to "so many Christians here"), which reminded me that your accent has been difficult for me to fathom where you are from. You don't have to answer (and it's good to always remain as anonymous as possible in the Internet because of the technology of the beast etc), but your accent sometimes sounds like a mixture of South African English (for those South Africans whose mother-tongue is English, because there are many different English accents in South Africa) and Australian to me, but sometimes Australian (or maybe Kiwi), but it could also be one of the many British accents found in the U.K. Normally when I hear a voice in a video I can tell where the person is from (but I can't tell the difference between and American and a Canadian accent) - but not in your case.

Comment

Originally posted by m'lo goy View Post

Very good post. It's the entire Western world, not just America. This pandemic is causing the economies of the West to suffer gravely - and yet South East Asia doesn't look nearly as bad (I'm not sure what is happening to the Chinese economy or the Turkish economy, but the West sure looks like it's on the decline right now).

PS: When you speak of America, you say "so many Christians there" (as opposed to "so many Christians here"), which reminded me that your accent has been difficult for me to fathom where you are from. You don't have to answer (and it's good to always remain as anonymous as possible in the Internet because of the technology of the beast etc), but your accent sometimes sounds like a mixture of South African English (for those South Africans whose mother-tongue is English, because there are many different English accents in South Africa) and Australian to me, but sometimes Australian (or maybe Kiwi), but it could also be one of the many British accents found in the U.K. Normally when I hear a voice in a video I can tell where the person is from (but I can't tell the difference between and American and a Canadian accent) - but not in your case.
          Heh, I've done a lot of traveling so I've assimilated a fair bit of perspective. :p

Comment

Working...
          X