X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watchinginawe
    replied
    Originally posted by pdun459 View Post
    I don't really have a response to your specific point as I'm not educated in the subject. I will say, however, I've always found Genesis 4:1 very interesting. A lot of documentaries I've watched always say humans were hunter/gatherers first and agriculture came much later. But Genesis 4:1 says agriculture was present from the very beginning.
    Thanks for the input. Genesis 3 ends thusly: Genesis 3:3 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

It wasn't always that way (agriculture), but rather only beginning with the expulsion from Eden. Anyway, I agree that at least as recorded history goes, the Bible is about as good as it gets regarding civilization's underpinnings. A lot of scholars enjoy pointing out apparent anachronisms in the Bible, but in reality, the sequence in the Bible actually is often proven correct. For example, did Abraham really have camels when secular history books believe that camels were domesticated much later? Well, the date of the domestication of camels keeps getting pushed earlier and earlier and the record of the Bible ought to be taken as the first reference of the domesticated camel instead of possibly embellishing the story of Abraham from a later teller's viewpoint.

Here is an interesting article on the subject of "Abraham's Camels" from Apologetics Press: http://www.apologeticspress.org/APCo...9&article=4800

Leave a comment:

• pdun459
    replied
    I don't really have a response to your specific point as I'm not educated in the subject. I will say, however, I've always found Genesis 4:1 very interesting. A lot of documentaries I've watched always say humans were hunter/gatherers first and agriculture came much later. But Genesis 4:1 says agriculture was present from the very beginning.

Leave a comment:

• watchinginawe
    started a topic Historical "Age" of Genesis 4

Historical "Age" of Genesis 4

OK, so in Genesis 4, we have the following: Genesis 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD. 2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

I wouldn't normally quote from a CNN article in this day and age, but I found this article interesting. https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/30/world...scn/index.html "Five types of dog existed at the end of the Ice Age, 11,000 years ago".

In it the following is declared (emphasis mine):
    "Already by 11,000 years ago -- before agriculture, and before any other animal had been domesticated -- dogs had not only been domesticated, but they had already diversified genetically and likely spread across large parts of the world," Anders Bergstrom, lead author and post-doctoral researcher in the Ancient Genomics Laboratory at London's Francis Crick Institute, told CNN.
    The point being that the historical synchronicity of Cain and Abel being "keepers of sheep and tillers of the ground" date Genesis 4 at a time later than 11,000 years ago. Now I have been following this for some time and almost ALL reports on the beginning of agricultural cultures and domesticated animals have continually been pushed back in age. But even aggressive aging has it about 16,000 years ago. Anyway, it doesn't seem that Anders Bergstrom of the London's Francis Crick Institute has yet to receive the message to put more distance in years between the dawn of agriculture and domestication of animals and that recorded in Genesis 4.

I hope you found this interesting.

Blessings,
Working...
X