Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The sky is falling! er..the birds are falling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sky is falling! er..the birds are falling!

For days now they have been talking on the news about a a large group of birds that fell from the sky and died in Arkansas...I have been waiting for someone to start a post about it...but haven't seen any so I guess I will because all sorts of bizarre things are being said about this. Here are the facts:

Falling birds likely died from massive trauma
    The thousands of birds that fell from the sky just before midnight New Year's Eve in Arkansas likely died from massive trauma, according to a preliminary report released Monday.

The birds, most of which were dead when they were found, were red-winged blackbirds and starlings. They were found within a one-mile area of Beebe, about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock, the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said.

Keith Stephens, a spokesman for the commission, said the birds showed evidence of trauma in the breast tissue, with blood clots in the body cavity and a lot of internal bleeding. All major organs were normal.

He cited a preliminary report conducted by the Arkansas Livestock and Poultry Commission.

"Further tests will be done to rule out other causes, but the birds suffered from acute physical trauma leading to internal hemorrhage and death. There was no sign of any chronic or infectious disease," the report said, according to the game and fish commission.

As of Saturday, between 4,000 and 5,000 birds had been found dead, said Stephens.

Karen Rowe, an ornithologist for the game and fish commission, said the incident is not that unusual and is often caused by a lightning strike or high-altitude hail.

A strong storm system moved through the state earlier in the day Friday. Officials also speculated that fireworks shot by New Year's revelers in the area might have caused severe stress in the birds.

Blackbirds do not normally fly at night, and it was not immediately clear what caused the odd behavior. Loud noises were reported shortly before the birds began falling, according to the game and fish commission.

"The birds obviously hit something very hard and had hemorrhages," said Rowe.

Like I said on another post about this..yea the hard thing they hit was the ground...which of course killed them.

My vote is fireworks went off around that time..since it was New Years Eve...they were shooting them off here too..it scared the birds who were sleeping..they took flight and the concussions...(sound waves) from the fireworks stunned them and they fell and when they hit the hard ground, roofs, etc...they died. Birds don't weight much at all so it doesn't take much to kill them.

Some articles say, 'dead birds fell from the sky'...well they have no way of knowing if they were dead before they hit the ground though so I think those are misleading. And now there are reports of dead birds found in Louisiana too though I don't know when that happened...also a bunch of dead fish in Arkansas too further away from the birds and all the same type of fish so they think that was caused by a disease. Be back with those links...

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Re: The sky is falling! er..the birds are falling!

I just watched this on Fox news..gives new meaning to the sky is falling.
    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

The flock flew, foolishly, into a uFo.
      θεοφιλε

Comment

Originally posted by Theophilus View Post
        So good to see you here...now don't go away again!
        .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
        .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Originally posted by karenoka27 View Post
          I just watched this on Fox news..gives new meaning to the sky is falling.
          I guess...

Here is a video about the birds in Louisiana...clearly these are very sick birds and I pray some twisted person didn't decide to poison them just to make people really talk because of the ones in Arkansas: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...hs.wafb?hpt=T2

I am suspicious because this happened three days later...it was 500 birds a much smaller number compared to the ones in Arkansas which was 5,000. Someone could have easily thrown out some poisoned bird food into some field where they knew the birds roosted at. I hope I am wrong on that.

Anyway here is some of the junk going around the net about this story..I swear some of these people need to just get a career in writing fiction...

http://sandrarose.com/2011/01/500-mo...-in-louisiana/
          Birds own the sky. They’ve navigated around the sky for millions of years. By now they should be acclimated to a little noise in the air. Even if they were blind, birds fly using sonar (echolocation) and the gravitational pull of the earth. They don’t have to see well to get where they’re going.

But yet the government lies continue — and they use the Obama-friendly, left wing media to spread that lie. Obviously the government doesn’t have a very high opinion of the intelligence level of Americans.

Click link to read more

Scientists believe that fireworks appeared to have frightened the birds into such a frenzy that they crashed into homes, cars and each other. Some may have flown straight into the ground.

It’s hard to believe that a tiny town like Beebe, AR (population: 5,000) set off stadium sized fireworks displays with sufficient noise level to frighten 5,000 birds so badly that they flew into homes and cars below the roof level.

Not one resident of Beebe who was interviewed has mentioned anything about birds colliding into their homes or shattering their windows.

They all say the same thing — that the birds simply “fell out of the sky.”

The fact that so many birds were found on roof tops suggests that they were not flying below the roof level.

Some forward thinkers and conspiracy theorists believe that the government used Beebe as a testing ground for a new, top secret weapon. Which explains how they got into town so quickly.

Well first no...birds cannot fly at night using echolocation..this person seems to be confusing birds with bats. And no reports said the birds flew INTO roofs or window in the first place.

People commenting on this want to know why this hasn't happened before if fireworks were the cause. There could be a number of reason...the fireworks were bigger this year then in the past...I don't know of course...the starlings were higher in number in that area then normally...all sorts of things can play into that. Here they have a cannon that it hauled around town to shoot off at dusk in certain parts of town to scare the starlings off because there gets too be too many in one part of town and they doo-doo on everything..

But birds don't normally fly at night unless something really scares them...they shoot the cannon off as dusk because the birds are still awake but looking for a place to roost for that night and will gather in the trees in neighborhoods. This way their is still enough light for them to fly off and find another place to go.

I saw a bird literally fall out of the sky once years ago. It was stunned because we had a sudden change in weather..a 30 degree drop in temperature. I got it and kept it over night and released it the next day. If I hadn't it probably would have died. Birds are alot more sensitive then I think people realize. Its not uncommon around here to see dead birds after a sudden change in temperature or weather..they go into shock and yes literally fall from the sky. This bird I got was lucky in that it hit the dirt..not a street or a hard roof.

God bless
          "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Originally posted by karenoka27 View Post
            So good to see you here...now don't go away again!
            Heavy (and time consuming) is the burden of working (said the man grateful to have a job).

Obviously, y'all have been on my heart...I just couldn't find the margin...'til today.

Muah!
            θεοφιλε

Comment

*ahem* X-Files conspiracy *cough, cough*

They flew through an experimental cloud of nerve gas...
              θεοφιλε

Comment

That is what some of these people think! Either the government did it or aliens from outter space..its crazy!

Comment

The fish are also floating in Ark. 100 mi. away from where the birds fell.

They say there is no connection.

??????
                  Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Only redwing blackbirds fell from the sky, and only drum fish are dying in the river.

Comment

See! See! Highly specific neuro-toxins, tailored to targeted genetic codes.

Next, it'll be all the stickpeople!

....I'm skeered!
                      θεοφιλε

Comment

See! See! Highly specific neuro-toxins, tailored to targeted genetic codes.

Next, it'll be all the stickpeople!

....I'm skeered!
                        Yes, neuro-toxins with tiny erasers on their tips to erase stick people. If they don't kill you, they'll at least cripple you.

Comment

I actually was going to post about this but really didn't think anyone be interested!! So I'm glad to see you did. The area in Arkansas where the birds were is about 40 miles (or so) from where the dead fish were found in the Arkansas River. I also saw a story where a lady in Kentucky said there were dead birds in her yard. And Louisiana !!

The last I read is that it would take a couple of week to get results of how (or why) the birds died. But will they tell us the real truth!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

500 more dead redwing blackbirds found in Louisiana!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TomH View Post
                              500 more dead redwing blackbirds found in Louisiana!!!!!!!
                              Yea I already posted that news story on this thread here with a video...those birds are obviously sick. http://bibleforums.org/showthread.ph...58#post2593358

The reason btw people only certain fish or certain birds die is because of a disease specific to that breed. Its like when the bats were dying of an illness...birds and other animals didn't get it because its specific to them only.

Fish die off is a common effect that happens all over several times a year..its just not normally this much and they will probably find its a disease specific only to that type of fish too.

Massive fish kill blankets Arkansas River

"The fish kill only affected one species of fish," he said. "If it was from a pollutant, it would have affected all of the fish, not just drum fish."

Comment

Working...
                              X