Not sure where to post this.... News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not sure where to post this.... News

The Internet ID is the Mark of the Beast.

Discuss.
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Comment

That's as reasonable a theory as credit cards, Social Security numbers, infrared tattoos, RFID chip implants, income tax refund checks, driver's licenses, and passports...OH, an cell phone identifiers, computer ISPs, and security threads in $100 bills.

Comment

Last edited by RabbiKnife; Today at 01:48 PM. Reason: Continued brilliant pontification

For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Comment

Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post
          That's as reasonable a theory as credit cards, Social Security numbers, infrared tattoos, RFID chip implants, income tax refund checks, driver's licenses, and passports...OH, an cell phone identifiers, computer ISPs, and security threads in $100 bills.
          You forgot the CPU ID...
          For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Clavicula_Nox View Post
            The Internet ID is the Mark of the Beast.

Discuss.
            What really is there to discuss?
            Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
            Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecumaniac View Post

Pop quiz: how many of you know if I'm a girl or a boy? (Don't say if you know. )
              Harbinger of Math? Minkowski Space? A guy, definitely a guy. I've only met about 2 women interested in high end mathematics, and I dated both of them.

So unless you're my ex, got to be a guy.

And if you are my ex, well, I'm really really sorry about, well you know.
              In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecumaniac View Post
                Facebook Connect is probably a bigger threat to online privacy than this is. The convenience of logging in with one account is not worth trading every little bit of demographic data they have about you. Every silly little application demands an obscene level of access to your personal information, and we are not far shy of them offering unlimited access to their advertisers—they pay the bills, after all.
                They are also shockingly bad, in most cases, of actually verifying the information. If a site wants my date of birth and I see no reason for them to have it, I give a false date. I only give an address if it offers me a tangible benefit. It's not hard to do.

Your online habits are tracked by cookies which provide networks with shockingly rich, detailed information on your personal browsing habits. Governments have tried, and so far as we know failed, to subpoena unimaginable volumes of data on the flimsiest of pretexts.
                Cookies are easy to delete, all you have to do is configure your browser to only allow session cookies. Or use one of a few cookie managers that lets them stick around long enough for the site to register that you "accept cookies" and then deletes them.

If you are worried about your privacy, close your Facebook account, get a decent ad-blocker, be careful about sharing too much and start fragmenting your online identity. And most importantly, never give out real demographic information if you can help it.
                All good tips.

Pop quiz: how many of you know if I'm a girl or a boy? (Don't say if you know. )
                You're a boy. No, wait, a girl. Maybe a bit of both? No idea, but then I'm not the kind of person you're probably hiding from
                24 August 2013 - I've decided to take a break from a number of internet forums, including this one, for my own reasons.
                I expect to be back at some time in the future, although at present don't know when that will be.
                I've been here just a few days shy of six years, and those six years have been greatly blessed.

---

1Jn 4:1 NKJV Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
                1Th 5:21-22 NKJV Test all things; hold fast what is good. (22) Abstain from every form of evil.

Comment

OK, I had to use this in my sig.

Last edited by RabbiKnife; Jan 11th 2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Continued brilliant pontification
                  Last edited by Liquid Tension; Jan 16 2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasius View Post
                    If my "anonymity" was removed, I actually wouldn't use forums.
                    Yes, and I prefer going door-to-door saying 'trick or treat' with my mask on.

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasius View Post
                      If my "anonymity" was removed, I actually wouldn't use forums.
                      Originally posted by baxpack7 View Post
                      No worries dude. Everybody thinks that you're Dr. House.....
                      Actually, I thought he was nurse Chapel of Star Trek fame!

Comment

I think the biggest threat would be identify theft and fraud. If you had only one universal ID, you would be really hooped if someone hacked it.

Comment

Working...
                        X