No announcement yet.

And the unthinking stupidity begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the unthinking stupidity begins...

GOP REP. WILL INTRODUCE NEW STRICT GUN LAW
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gop-...l-legislation/

A popular GOP congressman announced today that he will soon introduce gun control legislation that will make it illegal to carry a gun within 1,000 feet of a federal official.
    Why?

Congressman Peter King today also announced that he will introduce legislation that will make it illegal to knowingly carry a gun within 1,000 feet of the President, Vice President, Members of Congress or judges of the Federal Judiciary. In the United States, it is illegal to bring a gun within 1,000 feet of a school. Passing a similar law for government officials would give federal, state, and local law enforcement a better chance to intercept would-be shooters before they pull the trigger.
    NO IT WON'T!! Laws like this have no effect on nutjobs like Loughner!! Had this law been in effect a week ago you know what would have happened on Saturday?

EXACTLY WHAT DID HAPPEN! It's not like he used some massive rifle, or shotgun strapped to his back that people would have been able to see and intercept him before he got close. It was an ordinary glock handgun.

Sorry. I expected this kind of absurd control/power-grab right after this happened, but it still hacks me off to see it.

Re: And the unthinking stupidity begins...

A certain NC US Representative is having himself deputized so that he can carry a concealed weapon anywhere, legally ignoring restrictions on locations that normall prohibit such carrying. I interpreted this as the ruling class arming itself while simultaneously attempting to disarm the plebes. I was annoyed.
    The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
    In the ranks of death ye will find him;
    His father's sword he hath girded on,
    And his wild harp slung behind him;
    "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
    "Tho' all the world betray thee,
    One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
    One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Comment

That's along the lines of another thing that's annoying me: another congressperson is talking about introducing a bill to increase penalties for shooting a federal official. Again...WHY? They're nothing but a human just like the rest of us and I see no reason why killing them should be any more severe a crime than killing an ordinary schmuck who works at McDonald's. This top-down, institutionalized class warfare has to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelAuthor View Post
        GOP REP. WILL INTRODUCE NEW STRICT GUN LAW
        http://www.theblaze.com/stories/gop-...l-legislation/

Why?

NO IT WON'T!! Laws like this have no effect on nutjobs like Loughner!! Had this law been in effect a week ago you know what would have happened on Saturday?

EXACTLY WHAT DID HAPPEN! It's not like he used some massive rifle, or shotgun strapped to his back that people would have been able to see and intercept him before he got close. It was an ordinary glock handgun.

Sorry. I expected this kind of absurd control/power-grab right after this happened, but it still hacks me off to see it.
        If Representative King thinks that federal law prohibits carrying a handgun or gun within 1000 feet of a school, he should read U.S. v. Lopez.

There is no such law. The law that replaced the pre-Lopez law is pretty weak, not nearly as restrictive as Rep. King would have you believe.

This was the first case in the re-awakening of the Supremes to tell Congress "enough already with your stupid, overreaching laws that try to use the Commerce Clause to regulate where and when a bear and defecate in the woods and everything else you idiots want to control."
        Last edited by RabbiKnife; Jan 11th 2011, 07:36 PM. Reason: Researchification and clarifstraightening

Comment

It's not like he used some massive rifle, or shotgun strapped to his back that people would have been able to see and intercept him before he got close.
          If he had a rifle, it wouldn't be necessary to get within 1000 feet.
          For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Comment

That's along the lines of another thing that's annoying me: another congressperson is talking about introducing a bill to increase penalties for shooting a federal official. Again...WHY? They're nothing but a human just like the rest of us and I see no reason why killing them should be any more severe a crime than killing an ordinary schmuck who works at McDonald's. This top-down, institutionalized class warfare has to stop.
            Just trying to pass laws to protect them while they steal.

Let them eat cake!

Comment

Originally posted by Firefighter View Post
              If he had a rifle, it wouldn't be necessary to get within 1000 feet.
              If the right person had the right rifle, it wouldn't be necessary to get within 1000 meters...
              Last edited by RabbiKnife; Jan 11th 2011, 07:27 PM. Reason: Spellification anomaly

Comment

Originally posted by RabbiKnife View Post
                If Representative King thinks that federal law prohibits carrying a handgun or gun within 1000 feet of a school, he should read U.S. v. Lopez.

There is no such law.

This was the first case in the re-awakening of the Supremes to tell Congress "enough already with your stupid, overreaching laws that try to use the Commerce Clause to regulate where and when a bear and defecate in the woods and everything else you idiots want to control."
                Title 18 U.S.C 922
                For what mortal has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived? ~ Deuteronomy 5:26

If you're not prepared to risk your very life for your "enemy" you have no right to speak to him of love. ~ Daughter

Many say they are called... but I am pretty convinced that with many of them it was the wrong number. ~ Project Peter

Comment

Well, North Carolina already has laws that give harsher penalties for Murdering or Assaulting Police Officers, Sports Officials who are cnducting their official duties, Women, and qualifying children. Why not federal officials, too? I can see the logic, though I disagree with it.
                  The minstrel boy to the war is gone,
                  In the ranks of death ye will find him;
                  His father's sword he hath girded on,
                  And his wild harp slung behind him;
                  "Land of Song!" said the warrior bard,
                  "Tho' all the world betray thee,
                  One sword, at least, thy rights shall guard,
                  One faithful harp shall praise thee!

Comment

Title 18 U.S.C 922
                    See my editication in previous post.

Comment

Originally posted by Clavicula_Nox View Post
                      Well, North Carolina already has laws that give harsher penalties for Murdering or Assaulting Police Officers, Sports Officials who are cnducting their official duties, Women, and qualifying children. Why not federal officials, too? I can see the logic, though I disagree with it.
                      I think that if someone kills a federal official that we should kill the murderer three times.

Comment

Originally posted by Clavicula_Nox View Post
                        In NC, if I smack Rabbi Knife, it is a misdemeanor. If I smack a handicap person it becomes a felony, EVEN if the handicap is mental illness.

Comment

In NC, if I smack Rabbi Knife, it is a misdemeanor. If I smack a handicap person it becomes a felony, EVEN if the handicap is mental illness.
                          Now I understand why you called me and asked if you could keep your guns in the house if you were convicted of a felony... You were planning on smacking me, which would not be necessarily improper...

Comment

Originally posted by Amos_with_goats
                            What would the distinction be?
                            Not much.............

Comment

Originally posted by Amos_with_goats
                              What would the distinction be?
                              Proof that they were born in North Carolina!
                              Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                              X