Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pastor with 666 Tattoo Claims to be Divine ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastor with 666 Tattoo Claims to be Divine ...

Has anyone seen this guy, Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda? Very bizarre ... This guy claims to be the reincarnation of Jesus Christ. Teaches there is no sin and no devil.

His followers believe that he is God!

http://articles.cnn.com/2007-02-16/u...too?_s=PM%3AUS
    sigpic * Sola scriptura, sola gratia , sola fide, solas Christus, sola deo gloria
    * Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee -- Isaiah 26:3
    * vja4Him Apologetics Blogs

Re: Pastor with 666 Tattoo Claims to be Divine ...

Just one more of a long line of cult leaders.

They all eventually claim the role.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I think he's been around for a while now, vja. I remember reading a story about him a year or so ago.
      I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
      - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

I had never heard of this man until now. I looked him up and his followers are also getting 666 tattoos! How horrifying.
        Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
        See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Comment

His "belief system" is wacked way out.
          I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
          - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

2 Timothy 4:3-4-"For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."sigh....
            .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
            .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Hmmm, diamond encrusted Rolexes, armored BMWs and Lexus? Seems to be good money in being a false god.

I'll have to remember that next time I get laid off.
              In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Comment

Yes he has been around for many years and had a large following... And he isn't the only one claiming to be Jesus either..I post this link all the time on here:

List of people claimed to be Jesus

Pretty scary that even though Jesus warned us about these people...they fall for it anyway.

God bless
                "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Sorry but the cheese fell off of this man's crackers.

Jeanne
                  Refrain your voice from weeping, and your eyes from tears, for your work shall be rewarded declares the Lord, and they (your children) will come back from the land of the enemy. Jeremiah 31:16-17
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sometimes God lets you hit rock bottom so that you can discover He is the rock at the bottom

All the forces of darkness cannot stop what God has ordained. Isaiah 14:27

Comment

That's old news. He's a cult leader
                    Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

I've heard of him before 10 years ago. He claimed to be Jesus then. Must be back on the news again.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ever since he's been around, it seems its mainly the wealthy who flock around him. That's why the "diamond encrusted Rolexes, armored BMWs and Lexus'.....

People will chase after a lie before the truth can even get its boots on!
                        My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

You know, one danger I see is that his 'church' has a name that sounds thoroughly Christian! Lots of people go on vacation and visit a nearby church. I wonder how many have accidentally stumbled into his 'church' (Growing In Grace International Ministry, Inc.) and thought they were visiting a genuine CHURCH.

Yet, even back in 2007, the Dallas Morning News reported that "de Jesús "preaches to followers in some 35 nations, mostly in Latin America, and has 287 radio programs and a 24-hour Spanish-language TV network."

"De Jesús has gained attention in Puerto Rico, in particular, where his denomination has opened centers in Guaynabo, Arecibo, Yabuncoa, Ponce, and Hormigueros."

And followers, 4 years ago, in 35 nations!

I sincerely pray he is not reaching more people than we are here, on this Christian Message board!
                          My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

wow, this is soooo weird...you would think with all the biblical stuff saying this will happen and to stear clear of it that ppl would but no they still believe it. Craaaazaaaaay

Comment

Originally posted by SierraNichole View Post
                              wow, this is soooo weird...you would think with all the biblical stuff saying this will happen and to stear clear of it that ppl would but no they still believe it. Craaaazaaaaay
                              You would think .... wouldn't you ... That's one of the problems. Many people don't think for themselves, but are too quick to accept whatever anyone says.

2 Timothy 4:3 (King James Version)

3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears.
                              sigpic * Sola scriptura, sola gratia , sola fide, solas Christus, sola deo gloria
                              * Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee -- Isaiah 26:3
                              * vja4Him Apologetics Blogs

Comment

Working...
                              X