Westboro at it again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westboro at it again...

Westboro is planning to protest a funeral in Perry County Pa just 15 miles from the capitol city of Harrisburg and 40 miles from York where they protested the funeral of a young Marine who' father sued and lost in the SCOTUS.

This funeral is for seven children who died in an early morning house fire. The oldest was eleven and the youngest was six months old. The Clouser family is a Mennonite family with deep roots in the community. They are dairy farmers milking a herd of sixty cows. Only one of the children surrived a three year old daughter and the mom is expecting a new addition in mid summer.

Many of the locals are up in arms over this news and I hear tell there are several militias in Perry county who are none too happy. Funeral is Tuesday Mar 15. Lets hope they don't show up as the locals have promised a Perry county welcome for them. Mennonites are one step away from Amish and I don't think they support violence.

For the cause of Christ
    Roger

Re: Westboro at it again...

Dear God, what would they have to protest about children dying in a fire?

And like you, I believe the Mennonite faith is strictly pacifist.
    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

No they don't, but several militia groups won't give it a second thought...

I know this was 'approved' by the Supreme Court (Lord have mercy on them!) but its gonna end in a bad way somewhere on down the road......

Some militia minded group will take matters into their own hands, eventually. Just you wait and see.
      My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

I hope that the WBC will get whats coming to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vhayes View Post
          Dear God, what would they have to protest about children dying in a fire?

And like you, I believe the Mennonite faith is strictly pacifist.
          These folks have their cup full of tribulation. Seven dead children, house destroyed by fire, and Westboro threatening to protest the funeral.

Perhaps Loysville Pa will be Westboro's Waterloo.

For the cause of Christ
          Roger

Comment

Video tape it. Please. For me.

And if I am correct, the community will band together and maybe have a house raising - like the barn raisings Amish do together. Tape that too, please.

I would love to do a three to five minute piece of juxtaposed positioning of "Christian" OR "Christian".
            I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
            - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Someday one of them will die and have a funeral and I'm sure people will come out of the woodwork to pronounce judgement on them. Its wrong I know. Down Flesh, down.

OK I'm fine now
              E ku'u lesu, ku'u Ho'ola
              'O'oe ke ala,
              A me ka 'oia'i'o
              A me Keolamauloa
              'Amene

My Jesus, My savior. You are the way, the truth and the everlasting life. Amen

Comment

Mennonites are Arminians, not strict Calvinists like the bunch from WBC.

SO, I'm sure the WBC will be condemning their "doctrine of Satan i.e. free will" like they did the National Association of Free Will Baptists annual meeting a couple of years ago.

The fire was, I'm sure, God's punishment on the Mennonites for their doctrine of devils.

Comment

When Fred Phelps dies, I hope I have enough money to go to the funeral. i would love to stand outside and sing chorus after chorus of Amazing Grace.

God loves everyone - even the Phelps gang. He may not be too pleased with them, He may not like them very well but He loves them and wants them to know the True Him.
                  - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Around here, those people have also come to 'protest'. But in East Tennessee, we have a lot of ultra-conservative people, even in the police departments and Sheriff's departments. Our law enforcement along with 'bikers' and even common citizens in the past have formed a 'line of resistance' that did not let them anywhere within seeing or hearing distance of the funeral or the cemetery.

They CAN be stopped without violence. They looked pretty silly, way out in the middle of nowhere, doin' their protesting to the wind..........

But, that's here......
                    My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

According to their press release, they're picketing the funeral to make sure everyone knows that the seven kids died as a result of the supreme court case (since I guess the Snyders live in Pennsylvania as well), since obviously the house fire was God's act of vengeance against the evil state of Pennsylvania (also, supposedly the parents didn't do enough to save their kids according to Westboro, so the parents are entirely at fault anyway ). In other words, this is just their idea of revenge for being sued.
                      Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
                      ~Philippians 4:6-7

Comment

Originally posted by Vhayes View Post
                        Video tape it. Please. For me.

And if I am correct, the community will band together and maybe have a house raising - like the barn raisings Amish do together. Tape that too, please.

I would love to do a three to five minute piece of juxtaposed positioning of "Christian" OR "Christian".
                        Local ABC affiliate ran some footage of the Amish preparing to rebuild the house for them. the community is really behind helping these folks deal with this tragic event. www.abc27.com

They are doing bake sales and fundraisers for this family. The funeral homes donated the seven caskets needed for the children. The outpouring of support is amazing. They have gotten donations from all over the country.

For the cause of Christ
                        Roger

Comment

Originally posted by Slina View Post
                          According to their press release, they're picketing the funeral to make sure everyone knows that the seven kids died as a result of the supreme court case (since I guess the Snyders live in Pennsylvania as well), since obviously the house fire was God's act of vengeance against the evil state of Pennsylvania (also, supposedly the parents didn't do enough to save their kids according to Westboro, so the parents are entirely at fault anyway ). In other words, this is just their idea of revenge for being sued.
                          Dearest Lord Jesus. Children.

so - their plane will crash or their bus will drive off a cliff maybe?
                          - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

I know, I think the part that sickens me the most about this is that Westboro is blatantly blaming the parents for everything, accusing them of being horrible parents (raising them in sin and all that) and even worse of being negligent to the point of killing their own children. I'm sure the parents are struggling with self-blame enough as it is without Westboro jumping in and stirring things up. And here I thought they couldn't get any worse than picketing funerals. (To their credit, they're kind of seeing the children as victims in all this, but I can't say that makes them any better...)
                            Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
                            ~Philippians 4:6-7

Comment

Originally posted by notuptome View Post
                              Local ABC affiliate ran some footage of the Amish preparing to rebuild the house for them. the community is really behind helping these folks deal with this tragic event. www.abc27.com

They are doing bake sales and fundraisers for this family. The funeral homes donated the seven caskets needed for the children. The outpouring of support is amazing. They have gotten donations from all over the country.

For the cause of Christ
                              Roger
                              What a truly upliftng story.

You should call one of the local stations to see if they would be willing to do a story about the community coming together in this way. It would be HUGE both locally and ABC might just pick it up for one of their evening news shows if it's suggested to them.

This is exactly what would show the nation what it means to be Christian as well as what it does not mean.
                              - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                              X