Record Shattering Weather everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Shattering Weather everywhere

There have already been 292 reported tornadoes in April alone.

This was on the ABC world news this evening..http://abcnews.go.com/WN/
    The video there probably will change tomorrow...for the fuller story go here: http://abcnews.go.com/US/tornado-des...ry?id=13448961

There are several video's there plus the news story on the different storm damage recently.

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Re: Record Shattering Weather Hammers U.S.

I was hearing some of the numbers on the news, gobs of tornadoes.

sigpic

Comment

Living in the midwest all my life I have never ever seen the likes of the amount of rain and thunderstorms that we have experienced. It will takes weeks for my yard to dry out to where I can mow some parts. Water is standing everywhere and I do believe that many farmers will not be able to plant corn and will have to wait until later and plant soy beans. Fields are just far too flooded and will need weeks before tractors can go in. Fields should have already been planted. This follows an extremely cold, hard, long winter which followed an extremely dry summer that had no burn ordinances in place.

Comment

Originally posted by student of the Lamb View Post
        Living in the midwest all my life I have never ever seen the likes of the amount of rain and thunderstorms that we have experienced. It will takes weeks for my yard to dry out to where I can mow some parts. Water is standing everywhere and I do believe that many farmers will not be able to plant corn and will have to wait until later and plant soy beans. Fields are just far too flooded and will need weeks before tractors can go in. Fields should have already been planted. This follows an extremely cold, hard, long winter which followed an extremely dry summer that had no burn ordinances in place.
        That wasn't too smart of someone to not have burn ordinances in effect... They have here because its been so dry and we have been having alot of fires. Now we finally got some real rain yesterday and getting more this evening..minus the severe stuff...thank the Lord for that! All the severe stuff has been north and east of us. I really thought we would get hard this spring with severe weather because we had it mild last spring...but so far all the severe stuff is missing us. Been really praying for these people too...

God bless
        "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

I think you meant the "world" and not just the "USA".

Originally posted by moonglow View Post
          There have already been 292 reported tornadoes in April alone.

This was on the ABC world news this evening..http://abcnews.go.com/WN/
          The video there probably will change tomorrow...for the fuller story go here: http://abcnews.go.com/US/tornado-des...ry?id=13448961

There are several video's there plus the news story on the different storm damage recently.

God bless
          Amazzin

Obedience to God is more than a soldier obeying his commander. It is our grateful response to the Lover of our souls.

CHURCH: Where worship is enjoyed, not endured - Grace is preached, not legalism - And Christ is exalted, not religion!

Comment

Originally posted by amazzin View Post
            I think you meant the "world" and not just the "USA".
            They didn't say anything about tornadoes elsewhere but the US though...and I copied the title from them too. Rarely do I ever hear of tornado's elsewhere anyway which is kind of strange actually. Don't other places get tornado's?

Comment

Yes, I live in Tennessee, and I don't think there has been a day this week, where we havent had a tornado warning in our state.
              Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

Comment

Hurricane season hasn't started either.

Comment

I must have been asleep when I typed that last message. I did mean to say that they did have "no burn" ordinances in effect. Winds were far too high and conditions were too hot and dry to allow burning of any kind. A spark could and has burnt up large acreage in just a few minutes.

Comment

Its good to hear from others in other states and what they are experiencing. Thanks all.

We got more rain yesterday and over night! yeah! Really, really needed it. Like I said we have been having alot of fires and here Prairie fires can get out of control very quickly. Though its been nothing like the fires they are having in Texas which are just as bad and just as fast moving.

That is ok student of the lamb...thanks for correcting that!

I know more tornadoes' have hit areas and homes again last night and the night before. Its an everyday event now it seems. I don't know if I should post links on here every time a town is hit or not...I would say be in prayer when you see those weather warnings going up even if its not local. People are losing their homes..business...lives due to these tornadoes and flooding. Also the hails been really bad too. Just pray for their safety while we go through this spring season. And yea..I hate to see what Hurricane season is going to bring.

God bless

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter121 View Post
                      Yes, I live in Tennessee, and I don't think there has been a day this week, where we havent had a tornado warning in our state.
                      Me too. Getting like Dorothy and Toto here.
                      "What then? ſhal we ſinne, becauſe we are not vnder the Law, but vnder grace? God forbid."

Romaines vi.15 - 1560 Geneva Bible

Comment

Link to a video where more tornadoes hit last night

They said 45 tornado's hit five states last night..they also talk about flooding and lightening striking nine people but don't say if those people lived or not.

Comment

Tornado warnings last night and today, and schools are closed. I am afraid we are heading towards having the same kind of flooding here in TN that we had last year at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by FoG View Post
                            Tornado warnings last night and today, and schools are closed. I am afraid we are heading towards having the same kind of flooding here in TN that we had last year at this time.
                            I will keep you and your area in my prayers..

Comment

Just an added note...those that don't have insurance on the contents of your home (or insurance on your home if you own it) need to get it as soon as possible! If you rent you can get renters insurance. This will help you replace lost furniture, appliances, clothes, etc for you and your family. So many lose their homes and contents in fires and other disasters then have no way of replacing it and have to depend on others to help them out. With so many in need in these areas, there won't be enough donations to go around...at least not very quickly. Get flood insurance even if you aren't in a high risk area (though my understanding is, if you are in a high risk area many times insurance companies won't cover it).

Renters insurance on your contents is very inexpensive. If you don't need to use it this year..you might next year...you just never know. I have renters insurance because there is no way I could possibly replace a refrigerator..a stove...washer and dryer, TV...not too mention the furniture..even if it was second hand.

God bless

Comment

Working...
                              X