Chilean Volcano Erupts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilean Volcano Erupts

SANTIAGO, Chile — The Puyehue volcano in southern Chile erupted Saturday, sending a huge plume of smoke and ash into the sky and prompting officials to evacuate about 600 people living nearby. There were no reports of injuries.
    Authorities had put the area around the volcano on alert Saturday morning after a flurry of earthquakes, and the eruption began in the afternoon. The National Emergency Office said it recorded an average of 230 tremors an hour.

praying for the Chilean people

Re: Chilean Volcano Erupts

Originally posted by strongwatchman View Post
    SANTIAGO, Chile — 230 tremors an hour.
    praying for the Chilean people
    Good grief. I'm no expert but that's a lot of tremors, is it not?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quiet dove View Post
      Good grief. I'm no expert but that's a lot of tremors, is it not?
      Yea it is, but not unusual for a volcano about to erupt. Tremors are felt as the magma rises. This volcano was being watched closely and on a yellow alert status for the last 2 months. Looks like they did a good job of predicting the eruption and alerting people around it.

Some towns are being hit by heavy ashfall. Here is a link with some good pictures (in Spanish).

http://www.fabio.com.ar/verpost.php?id_noticia=4508
      In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Comment

Originally posted by RevLogos View Post
        Yea it is, but not unusual for a volcano about to erupt. Tremors are felt as the magma rises. This volcano was being watched closely and on a yellow alert status for the last 2 months. Looks like they did a good job of predicting the eruption and alerting people around it.

Some towns are being hit by heavy ashfall. Here is a link with some good pictures (in Spanish).

http://www.fabio.com.ar/verpost.php?id_noticia=4508
        Wow. And while I couldn't read a word of it, a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for the link

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by quiet dove View Post
          Wow. And while I couldn't read a word of it, a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for the link
          zoweee, I'll say!
          Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

Came across this awesome pic of this volcano today...

In Christ,

-- Rev

“To preserve the government we must also preserve morals. Morality rests on religion; if you destroy the foundation, the superstructure must fall. When the public mind becomes vitiated and corrupt, laws are a nullity and constitutions are waste paper.” – Daniel Webster, 4th of July, 1800, Oration at Hanover, N.H.

Comment

I saw a few myself:

Wicked and beautiful:

If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Comment

Whoa, looks like something out of star wars.
                Every temptation is of the devil, and every sin leads to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter121 View Post
                  Whoa, looks like something out of star wars.

Or, Revelation 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
                  If Satan can keep us busy swinging our swords at one another, there is no hope of a united attack on the kingdom of darkness. KJV, NIV, ESV or ABCDEFG; there is no time to bicker over such things. We'll devour each other if allowed to continue. We should grab the marching orders written in the way we best understand and get to work.

Andrew_no_one

Comment

Working...
                  X