Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been praying for Col. Gaddafi to stay in power in Libya.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been praying for Col. Gaddafi to stay in power in Libya.....

...as well as for the current governments in Syria, Yemen, and other Muslim governments to STAY in power and for the rebellion against them to fail...especially Libya.

You say, " YIKES ! What ? Are you crazy?"
    No, actually I am being led of the Holy Spirit to pray this way since it is according to the will of God.
    So far I have been successful....even with all the Western Nato forces supporting armed rebellion against the Libyan government they have not yet succeeded in destroying it.

Does that strike you as strange?
    Well, it did for me also, UNTIL the Holy Spirit began showing me that it is the Father's will to pray for the establishment of those in authority in those countries and for the rebellion to stop and not to succeed.
    Egypt's overthrow only succeeded in taking away a chief ally of America in the Middle East and its overthhrow only advanced the cause of Islamic Radicals in uniting their efforts against Israel...(as many of you probably realize by now).

Let me explain:
    After the overthrow of the government of Egypt (Mubarrak) America's ally, I was rejoicing and started praying for the over throw of other governments (chiefly Muslim) and was stopped by the revelation from the Holy Spirit that Egypt's overthrow was NOT what God would have me pray for.. He directed me to pray for the protection of the Gaddafi Libyan government....and others.

At first I asked the Lord why can't I pray for thier overthrow?? Aren't these evil regimes that oppress their people?
    His response was that HIS WILL is that all men submit to the civil authorities, NOT to rebel against it.
    and He directed me to HIS WILL as given in Scripture:

" Let every soul be subject to the higher powers (authorities). For there is no authority, but that which is of God: The powers (authorities) that be ARE ORDAINED OF GOD. Whosoever, therefore resists (fights against) the power, fights against the ordinances of God..."
    (Rom. 13:1-2)
    BTW, it dooesn't say men should be subject only to governments that are good and honorable.

He then showed me that whenever there is rebellion against authority, it is Satan who is promoting it and thus if it 'succeeds', then SATAN'S Will is being done.

Yikes!
    Furthermore, He showed me that Obama has no business trying to help "overthrow" these governments,. No matter how dispicable their leaders, they have not attacked America, and our Constitution doesn't allow our President to go to war unless Congress authorizes it. And so I began praying that the President will be unsuccessful in trying to promote Muslim rebellion against the Libyan government. His promoting the Muslim rebellion is actually helping Satan's will to be done.! Pray for the Presdent to stop.
    He showed me that the only reason Americans passively approved of supporting Egyptian and Libyan armed rebellion is because most have the FALSE conception of freedom; they think freedom means having no authority.

Since then I pray according to God's will for these governments.

So please join me in praying NOT for the overthrow of these governments, but for peace and submission of the people of these nations so God's will can be done.

Thanks,
    I know I am taking a risk of being misunderstood, even by Christians, but I think mature Believers will see what I am saying.

Creator

Re: I've been praying for Col. Gaddafi to stay in power in Libya.....

No, actually I am being led of the Holy Spirit to pray this way since it is according to the will of God.
    So far I have been successful....even with all the Western Nato forces supporting armed rebellion Libyan government they have not yet succeeded in destroying it.
    I wouldn't presume to debate about how you feel led to pray or what you feel led to pray for but.... none of us KNOW the will of God outside of what's provided us in scripture as his will for us to be saved and seek to emulate Jesus' example in our lives.

I also kind of take issue with your saying you have been successful in your prayers because Quaddafi is still in power. If according to you it's God's will for him to remain in power - how are YOU succeeding?

Comment

Hoping I'm not being led of the wrong Spirit when I pray.

Comment

Originally posted by Creator View Post
        ...as well as for the current governments in Syria, Yemen, and other Muslim governments to STAY in power and for the rebellion against them to fail...especially Libya.

So far I have been successful....even with all the Western Nato forces supporting armed rebellion against the Libyan government they have not yet succeeded in destroying it.

Well, it did for me also, UNTIL the Holy Spirit began showing me that it is the Father's will to pray for the establishment of those in authority in those countries and for the rebellion to stop and not to succeed.
        Egypt's overthrow only succeeded in taking away a chief ally of America in the Middle East and its overthhrow only advanced the cause of Islamic Radicals in uniting their efforts against Israel...(as many of you probably realize by now).

Let me explain:
        After the overthrow of the government of Egypt (Mubarrak) America's ally, I was rejoicing and started praying for the over throw of other governments (chiefly Muslim) and was stopped by the revelation from the Holy Spirit that Egypt's overthrow was NOT what God would have me pray for.. He directed me to pray for the protection of the Gaddafi Libyan government....and others.

At first I asked the Lord why can't I pray for thier overthrow?? Aren't these evil regimes that oppress their people?
        His response was that HIS WILL is that all men submit to the civil authorities, NOT to rebel against it.

" Let every soul be subject to the higher powers (authorities). For there is no authority, but that which is of God: The powers (authorities) that be ARE ORDAINED OF GOD. Whosoever, therefore resists (fights against) the power, fights against the ordinances of God..."
        BTW, it dooesn't say men should be subject only to governments that are good and honorable.

He then showed me that whenever there is rebellion against authority, it is Satan who is promoting it and thus if it 'succeeds', then SATAN'S Will is being done.

Yikes!
        Furthermore, He showed me that Obama has no business trying to help "overthrow" these governments,. No matter how dispicable their leaders, they have not attacked America, and our Constitution doesn't allow our President to go to war unless Congress authorizes it. And so I began praying that the President will be unsuccessful in trying to promote Muslim rebellion against the Libyan government. His promoting the Muslim rebellion is actually helping Satan's will to be done.! Pray for the Presdent to stop.
        He showed me that the only reason Americans passively approved of supporting Egyptian and Libyan armed rebellion is because most have the FALSE conception of freedom; they think freedom means having no authority.

So please join me in praying NOT for the overthrow of these governments, but for peace and submission of the people of these nations so God's will can be done.

Thanks,
        I know I am taking a risk of being misunderstood, even by Christians, but I think mature Believers will see what I am saying.

Creator
        So you're the one!!!!

Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.

sigpic
        מרן אתא

Walk in the Light!
        התהלכו באור

Comment

I'm wondering who it was that prayed for Hitler.....
          Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornflake View Post
            If according to you it's God's will for him to remain in power - how are YOU succeeding?
            Whenever God's will is accomplished we, as Christians, are "succeeding". We are given the awesome privilege of participating in accomplishing God's will on earth; and many times it only comes through prayer.

Sometimes God only moves in response to the prayer of a righteous man. Likewise many time God's will is NOT accomplished and Satan prevails through neglect of prayer.

Thanks for the question.

Creator

Comment

Let me explain:

Yikes!

Thanks,

Creator
              I am kind of praying for M.O.A.B. to drop on the Colonel's compound.

Comment

Originally posted by episkopos View Post
                So you're the one!!!!
                He he; Yep; however, the purpose of my post was to make sure I'm not the ONLY one.

Creator

Comment

Originally posted by Reynolds357 View Post
                  I am kind of praying for M.O.A.B. to drop on the Colonel's compound.
                  Let me make it clear:
                  I'm not saying I like these guys (the leaders) personally;
                  I'm saying that no matter what my personal preferences for or against a dispicable leader , the BIBLICAL PRINCIPLE still applies concerning submission to the governmental authorities...

I'm sure Jesus didn't exactly care for Pilate either, but he still submitted to Pilate's sentence without rebellion even though it cost him his life....and lucky for us HE DID ! God's will was done!

The Libyan government is merely fighting back at the armed rebellion against it.... the same thing any government would do in order to survive...According to Scripture, the ones who are in rebellion against authority are the ones who are fighting against God's will.
                  I'm not so sure I want to be helping a bunch of Muslims who are clearly fighting against God's will because scripture says, "they that resist (fight against) the powers shall receive to themsleves damnation." (Rom. 13:2)

Creator

P.S. Its amazing what compassion I began to develop for these foreign leaders when I prayed for them earnestly, and for their wellfare, and for their ability to endure unjust rebellion and for protection from these attacks. I guess I could sympathize since I used to teach teenagers.
                  Last edited by Creator; Jun 16th 2011, 11:08 PM.

Comment

How did Ghadaffi GET his government?

Also - would America (The United States) be based on rebellion against the very word of God?
                    I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
                    - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Let me explain:

Yikes!

Thanks,

Creator
                      Why would I think it's strange that you are praying this way?...I'm well aware of what the these rebellions mean for the free world, Christians and Israel. I too want to see these rebellions squashed because the govts that will replace them pose a real threat to the world. (correcton, a bigger threat to the world...I see it as the big move that satan is making in order to establish his "beast govt" and destroy all those that will not worship him.
                      Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

One word; Egypt. Government was overturned there.
                        Don't bother quoting me, I'll go back and correct my posts about a dozen times so I can fix all the dumb mistakes, typos, and parts that don't make sense, once I'm done then you can quote it.

Comment

Originally posted by Saved7 View Post
                          Why would I think it's strange that you are praying this way?...I'm well aware of what the these rebellions mean for the free world, Christians and Israel. I too want to see these rebellions squashed because the govts that will replace them pose a real threat to the world. (correcton, a bigger threat to the world...I see it as the big move that satan is making in order to establish his "beast govt" and destroy all those that will not worship him.
                          Thanks for realizing it; I'm glad I have some friends here.

Its just that it appears that many believers are jumping on the Obama band wagon to "remove" these governments under the false idiology that's its OK to have armed over-throw of Governments that don't cater to your wishes. I think many Christians need to be aware of Satan's stategy here, especially as you have indicated.

Furthermore, Obama has no mandate from the American people, neither is it a responsibility of his Pres. office to mess with ANY internal civil affairs of other nations. These are NOT US citizens and these nations are not attack the US or its interest. Openly supporting armed rebellious groups who intent to overthrow their own government is definitely not God's will. Thus I will continue to pray fervently against it.

Thanks for your post. Join me in prayer....to stop the rebellion in the arab world.

Creator
                          Last edited by Creator; Jun 16th 2011, 10:00 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by Vhayes View Post

Also - would America (The United States) be based on rebellion against the very word of God?
                            Wouldn't Obama send in the troops if groups of heavily armed Americans began attacking the White House and trying to overthrow our Governement.? I think so.
                            What do you think he would do if OTHER COUNTRIES started sending missiles, ammunition, etc to support the armed rebels against our governemnt? Duh?

Oh , BTW, if you are trying to imply that America had its beginning by armed rebellion against England, then I think you are mistaken and historically incorrect.

These early Christians from England and elsewhere came to America rather than start war against their governments....they didn't take up arms against England, THEY MERELY LEFT ENGLAND to set up a NEW government IN a different Land....... it was only after England came after them on American soil that they took up arms and only to defend themselves.....NOT TO OVERTHROW the government of England.

Creator

Comment

His will be done!

That is all.

Comment

Working...
                              X