Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Magazine Restrictions Can't Work To Reduce Violence

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Why Magazine Restrictions Can't Work To Reduce Violence

    Originally posted by keck553 View Post
    Does it work that way when you see someone driving a Ferrarri? Or sporting a Rolex?
    No, because I can see a day to day application for those things. If I had a barrett . 50, I'd have fun on the range. If I had an AA12 I'd have fun obliterated garden sheds and garden gnomes. But a mini gun? When would you get to use it?! A ten second burst is up to 600 rounds! How much do 600 mate rounds cost?!

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Why Magazine Restrictions Can't Work To Reduce Violence

      Originally posted by A Seeker View Post
      No, because I can see a day to day application for those things. If I had a barrett . 50, I'd have fun on the range. If I had an AA12 I'd have fun obliterated garden sheds and garden gnomes. But a mini gun? When would you get to use it?! A ten second burst is up to 600 rounds! How much do 600 mate rounds cost?!
      So for a person to qualify to have something they want, they need to use it every day?
      Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Why Magazine Restrictions Can't Work To Reduce Violence

        Originally posted by keck553 View Post
        So for a person to qualify to have something they want, they need to use it every day?
        Did I say they didn't qualify to have it? No I didn't. Nor did I say that they shouldn't have it. You're picking a fight where there is no fight to pick! I don't understand why anyone would want a Justin better album either but that doesn't mean I think they should ban Justin beiber! I don't understand the appeal of a mini gun but that doesn't mean I don't think people (in the usa) should be allowed to have one.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Why Magazine Restrictions Can't Work To Reduce Violence

          Originally posted by keck553 View Post
          $200.00 is for suppressors.
          200 was the price for all class III items, when I was young, when did they change it?
          JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
          JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Why Magazine Restrictions Can't Work To Reduce Violence

            Originally posted by A Seeker View Post
            It's a cool thing... But what would you use it FOR?!

            I guess it would remove the element of sport if you hunted with it...
            Some rich folk like to line up a bunch of machine guns and bet on which will jam first.

            http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...AFDC3FF6E37ED4

            Arkansas was the last state that allowed hunting with silencers and, maybe even machine-guns, but I think they might have changed that some years back.

            The price for purchasing a machine-gun or cannon (for the federal license and background check) is still 200 , this is dated 2007:

            To purchase a transferable machine gun, you must meet certain requirements (generally the same as when you purchase another gun), fill out special paperwork (called a 'Form 4'), and pay a one-time transfer tax per weapon. The tax is $5.00 for all other weapons (AOW), or $200.00 for a silencer, machine-gun, destructive device, short barreled rifles (SBR), or short barreled shotguns (SBS).
            JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
            JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Why Magazine Restrictions Can't Work To Reduce Violence

              Originally posted by A Seeker View Post
              Did I say they didn't qualify to have it? No I didn't. Nor did I say that they shouldn't have it. You're picking a fight where there is no fight to pick! I don't understand why anyone would want a Justin better album either but that doesn't mean I think they should ban Justin beiber! I don't understand the appeal of a mini gun but that doesn't mean I don't think people (in the usa) should be allowed to have one.
              Justin Beiber?

              Okay, you win, hands down. I hang my head in shame.
              Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Why Magazine Restrictions Can't Work To Reduce Violence

                Originally posted by dan View Post
                200 was the price for all class III items, when I was young, when did they change it?
                I was in error. Title II weapons fees are $200.00.

                ***on edit, I see you already checked***
                Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Why Magazine Restrictions Can't Work To Reduce Violence

                  Originally posted by keck553 View Post
                  Justin Beiber?

                  Okay, you win, hands down. I hang my head in shame.
                  You know I had a little pang of concience there.

                  My love of individual freedom only very slightly exceeds my desire to ban Justin beiber albums!

                  Or perhaps we could ban the extended editions....

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Why Magazine Restrictions Can't Work To Reduce Violence

                    Originally posted by dan View Post
                    Some rich folk like to line up a bunch of machine guns and bet on which will jam first.

                    http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...AFDC3FF6E37ED4

                    Arkansas was the last state that allowed hunting with silencers and, maybe even machine-guns, but I think they might have changed that some years back.

                    The price for purchasing a machine-gun or cannon (for the federal license and background check) is still 200 , this is dated 2007:

                    To purchase a transferable machine gun, you must meet certain requirements (generally the same as when you purchase another gun), fill out special paperwork (called a 'Form 4'), and pay a one-time transfer tax per weapon. The tax is $5.00 for all other weapons (AOW), or $200.00 for a silencer, machine-gun, destructive device, short barreled rifles (SBR), or short barreled shotguns (SBS).
                    I saw a YouTube video in which someone used a minimum to cut down a tree.

                    Kinda cool if you have the money to burn.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Why Magazine Restrictions Can't Work To Reduce Violence

                      Originally posted by A Seeker View Post
                      You know I had a little pang of concience there.

                      My love of individual freedom only very slightly exceeds my desire to ban Justin beiber albums!

                      Or perhaps we could ban the extended editions....
                      Some lines just can't be crossed.
                      Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Why Magazine Restrictions Can't Work To Reduce Violence

                        Originally posted by A Seeker View Post
                        I saw a YouTube video in which someone used a minimum to cut down a tree.

                        Kinda cool if you have the money to burn.
                        http://youtu.be/UHfiRoFxH8E

                        http://youtu.be/agR82hiDx9Q
                        Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X