New virus holds your computer files hostage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New virus holds your computer files hostage

Termed "ransomeware," the latest in hacker/cyberattack technology encrypts the files and documents on your computer, then notifies you that you have 100 hours to pay for the encryption key. Any such data that cannot be restored from backups will be forever lost. Take care in opening any email supposedly from UPS, Fed-Ex, or other legitimate-sounding company, since that's how the malicious program gains access. Always backup your important data.

http://www.examiner.com/article/cryp...nded-up-to-700

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

Re: New virus holds your computer files hostage

THANKS for the forewarning

Comment

Wait! Don't tell me. Let me guess.

The Somali Pirates got tired of getting shot?
      JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
      JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Comment

Sign of the times. An unassuming, nerdy hacker with the right software, hardware and know-how can extort people all over the world, and never even leave home. It's a shame so many brilliant code writers don't use the talent for good instead of cybercrime. But then, that's the way of the world, I suppose.

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

Comment

Yes. New virus also hang the computer.

Comment

Working...
          X