Helping the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helping the Philippines

As you all know the Philippines suffered a devastating typhoon, many are displaced and their needs are great. There is now a great number of homeless people who have nothing.

A long story short, my Bible study group (it's fairly new) started serving in our community not too long ago, helping at the Union Gospel Mission, collecting coats and blankets. When we heard about the needs in the Philippians we switched gears and began collecting money and other items to send over there. In an obvious short time we've collected over $500 and boxes of clothes, we've found people are generous and eager to help. I got to thinking that maybe fellow brethren here would like to do the same, so here is an article I just found on msn with information on how you can help if God calls you to do so. God bless!

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...ivors#comments

Re: Helping the Philippines

Originally posted by Jake View Post
    As you all know the Philippines suffered a devastating typhoon, many are displaced and their needs are great. There is now a great number of homeless people who have nothing.

A long story short, my Bible study group (it's fairly new) started serving in our community not too long ago, helping at the Union Gospel Mission, collecting coats and blankets. When we heard about the needs in the Philippians we switched gears and began collecting money and other items to send over there. In an obvious short time we've collected over $500 and boxes of clothes, we've found people are generous and eager to help. I got to thinking that maybe fellow brethren here would like to do the same, so here is an article I just found on msn with information on how you can help if God calls you to do so. God bless!

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2...ivors#comments
    Could the Philippinos be the modern Philippians? Hi Jake!!!

Striving to apprehend that for which I have been apprehended in Christ Jesus.

sigpic
    מרן אתא

Walk in the Light!
    התהלכו באור

Comment

Working...
    X