Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pa. couple face prison after sons' prayer deaths

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
    I've been wondering why there are such problems in the Body of Christ... your answer shows us all an element of "why" there are always problems in the Body of Christ.
    I appolagize, I misread the ages

Comment

Originally posted by Reynolds357 View Post
      8 Months old? They are crawling by then. Surely they can make informed medical decisions. They probably even have a two word vocabulary in which they can convey their wishes.
      To you too I am sorry. I misread the ages

Comment

Originally posted by Bnjmn View Post
        I appolagize, I misread the ages
        Hooah! We all make mistakes

I do know that children can have a grasp of God and fully accept Him. Our church was doing baptisms for all the latest in the church who accepted Christ and one was an 8 year old child. Still young, I know that some have a judgemental attitude toward young children who accept Christ and they wonder if the child has truly accepted Him. Some months later, this child who was still 8 years old also received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues. Another child manifested the gift of interpretation of tongues and spoke a word of edification as the tongues were interpreted and directed to all the children in the church as the Holy Spirit gave utterance through these children. I also bet all judgmental attitudes/thoughts whether or not a child truly accepts Christ at such a young age was shut down that night also.
        --
        Slug1--out

~John 8:14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.~

~John 6:62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?~ (Jesus is Eternal - existed before becoming a man)

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Comment

Originally posted by Slug1 View Post
          Hooah! We all make mistakes

I do know that children can have a grasp of God and fully accept Him. Our church was doing baptisms for all the latest in the church who accepted Christ and one was an 8 year old child. Still young, I know that some have a judgemental attitude toward young children who accept Christ and they wonder if the child has truly accepted Him. Some months later, this child who was still 8 years old also received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues. Another child manifested the gift of interpretation of tongues and spoke a word of edification as the tongues were interpreted and directed to all the children in the church as the Holy Spirit gave utterance through these children. I also bet all judgmental attitudes/thoughts whether or not a child truly accepts Christ at such a young age was shut down that night also.
          I have slight dislexia, so I saw it as 8 years and 2 months.

I work with 8 year olds in Awana who have a strong grasp of Christ an have accepted him. So I was wondering why it was out of the realm of possibility they believed in the power of prayer if their parents did. The two month old was the issue in my eyes, not the 8 year old.....

But apparently it was 8 months and 2 years heh

:-/

Comment

The article about the little boy who died of pneumonia makes me sad. I've actually been struggling this week because of two deaths due to pneumonia so it's surreal to read this on the day I joined the forum.

I don't mean any disrespect to people who are Christian Scientists or eschew medical treatment in favor of prayer for other reasons, but I have a difficult time understanding their perspectives. My dad and stepmom are physicians as well as Christians, and to me, medicine and faith can work in harmony with one another. They treat their patients by day and pray for them at night. I see medicine as being like a lifeboat God puts on the Earth for us to climb into when we're sick. It might not always save us, but it's usually worth the effort to try.

Comment

I agree, Arabesque. I have a son who is a Doctor's Assistant. That's just below a 'doctor'. He sees people, diagnoses them, makes hospital rounds and writes prescriptions. Often, even on the job, or making rounds in the hospital...he prays with them too.

Sometimes we forget that Luke was a physician! God heals in a variety of ways!
              My favorite scripture: Malachi 3:16

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name!" (Every time we speak of the Lord, or even THINK of him--its written down in a book of remembrance!)

Comment

Working...
              X