No announcement yet.

Is Estonia Next for Putin's Ambitions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Estonia Next for Putin's Ambitions?

With Crimea safely in Vladimir Putin's clutches and Obama cowering in a corner like a scared little boy shouting empty threats across the school yard, Putin now seems to have his eyes set on Estonia. Russia's Military has drawn a noose around the neck of the remainder of the Ukraine and Putin is setting the stage to bust a move on Estonia now that Obama has "boldly" announced that "military options have been taken off the table." It is as if Obama has donned a meat jacket and is now waving a tasty salmon at the Russian bear as Vlad aims his ambitions of reconstituting the Russian Empire unabated.

Ted Cruz was quoted earlier warning that, " Today his sights are set on Ukraine, but if he continues undeterred tomorrow it could be Estonia, Latvia, Moldova, Romania, the Czech Republic, or Poland. Meeting his challenge now with strength, not appeasement, would be the best way to ensure that this does not happen, and that we do not squander our hard-won Cold War victory over the Soviets."

Meanwhile back in Washington Obama brags on about his NCAA bracket picks and plans his next golf outing.

My father once told me how this movie played out in 1938 when Hitler's advancement in Europe was met with appeasement. I guess we never learn -- do we?

Source

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...earlier-today/

Dravenhawk
    Will you choose your own path or will you have it chosen for you?

A private central bank issuing the public currency is a greater menace to the people than a standing army -- Thomas Jefferson.

When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic -- Benjamin Franklin.

"Re-electing Obama would be like the Titanic backing up and hitting the iceberg again" -- Unknown author. -- >> Psa. 109:8 Let his days be few, And let another take his office.

Re: Is Estonia Next for Putin's Ambitions?

Let's just say...it's on his list. I'm sure there are other countries there too.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Comment

Estonia is in the European Union, this might be quite a risky strategy if Putin tried to enter its borders.
      Jesus Christ....who do you say He is?

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

Comment

Originally posted by MyRock View Post
        Estonia is in the European Union, this might be quite a risky strategy if Putin tried to enter its borders.
        What if he was "invited" in?
        "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Comment

Originally posted by MyRock View Post
          Estonia is also a NATO member.
          Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
          Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
            Estonia is also a NATO member.
            So what? I bet NATO invokes Chamberlain if Putin makes a go

How horrible, fantastic, incredible it is that we should be digging trenches and trying on gas-masks here because of a quarrel in a far away country between people of whom we know nothing

Isaiah 54

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post

How horrible, fantastic, incredible it is that we should be digging trenches and trying on gas-masks here because of a quarrel in a far away country between people of whom we know nothing
              One of the goals of the Soviet Union of old was the destruction of NATO.

The nurturing and support of the worlds terrorist organizations was part of the plan to wipe out NATO.

But all it really took was a compliant US president.

Or, is that a complicit president?

President Obama said to Russia's Prime Minister Medvedev, "After the election, I'll have more flexibility."

Reports of his past and present affiliations are not stellar:

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/jamie-g...80%99s-mentor/

Just sayin'.
              JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
              JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Comment

The foundation of NATO is all about avoiding new Chamberlains. Is my trust misplaced?

Comment

Originally posted by ProDeo View Post
                  The foundation of NATO is all about avoiding new Chamberlains.
                  The existence of NATO doesn't magically give leaders a backbone.

Is my trust misplaced?
                  Yup.

Isaiah 54

Comment

The existence of NATO doesn't magically give leaders a backbone.
                    If Putin dares to invade Estonia it's ww3, no doubt.

Or else we can better dissolve NATO now and government should return our tax money.

Comment

Originally posted by ProDeo View Post
                      If Putin dares to invade Estonia it's ww3, no doubt.
                      He's not going to invade. He will be "invited in" by the "oppressed Russian minority". And it won't start world war 3 because no one's going to fight for Estonia.

Isaiah 54

Comment

He's not going to invade. He will be "invited in" by the "oppressed Russian minority". And it won't start world war 3 because no one's going to fight for Estonia.

Kinda like right now no one would appear to help fight for Israel....
                        "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
                        "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
                        Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
                          Kinda like right now no one would appear to help fight for Israel....
                          That's pretty much always been the case...

Isaiah 54

Comment

In Rome on Friday, President Obama said that Russia’s aggression can be attributed to a misreading of U.S. foreign policy. Russia shouldn’t feel the need to surround eastern Ukraine, he said, because the U.S. has ”no interest in encircling Russia and we have no interest in Ukraine beyond letting the Ukrainian people make their own decisions about their own lives.”
                            He just doesn't get it. Putin isn't taking the Crimea because he's afraid of us. Quite the opposite, he's taking it because he's not afraid of us.

Isaiah 54

Comment

Working...
                            X