Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Russia really America's greatest enemy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dan
    replied
    Re: Is Russia really America's greatest enemy?

Wow!

Who built North Korea's first reactor? Russia.

Who trained all of their scientists? Russia.

Who trained the leaders of North Korea, Cuba, Iran, Venezuela, Zimbabwe, and South Africa (to name a few)? Russia.

Leave a comment:

• rom826
    replied

Originally posted by Reynolds357 View Post
    Russia has the most advanced nuclear warheads on the planet. They have the most advanced system to deliver them on the planet. Does anything else really matter?

Yet Russia has been rational to not use them in quite a few years now. Do you think that will be the case when Iran gets nukes or will Iran be as rational as other nuclear countries.

Leave a comment:

• James_Roberts
    replied

Originally posted by dan View Post
    Yes, and not only that, the vote was verified to be accurate.

But, rather than face the people after that election, the president of Ukraine ran away to Russia, leaving the nation leaderless.

Now, the people are marching in the streets and being massacred by their own government, with a little help from Russia (6000 dead at last count).
    Denmark to Ukraine: Follow Minsk agreement, or we could drop Russia sanctions.

https://www.rt.com/news/331517-denma...nsk-agreement/

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied

Originally posted by wpm View Post
    ... just because Mr Obama and the Pope says they are bad? In the Ukraine there was a democratic vote to cede to Russia. That was their right.
    Yes, and not only that, the vote was verified to be accurate.

But, rather than face the people after that election, the president of Ukraine ran away to Russia, leaving the nation leaderless.

Now, the people are marching in the streets and being massacred by their own government, with a little help from Russia (6000 dead at last count).

Leave a comment:

• wpm
    replied

Originally posted by swaldron583 View Post
    In June 2015 Vladimir Putin was disinvited from attending the G-7 Summit in Geneva because of Russian support for the civil war in the Ukraine. Putin was summoned to the Vatican where he was told to stop supporting Russian seperatists in the Ukraine. Putin not only refused, but ordered additional Russian forces moved to the border of Ukraine. NATO responded by deploying a quick reaction force to stop any Russian aggression in the conflict. Vladimir Putin then openly stated Russia would use nuclear weapons if NATO intervened in Ukraine. Uh. yeah. I think if Russia is threatening to nuke NATO, that put's them squarely in the "ENEMY" column.
    ... just because Mr Obama and the Pope says they are bad? In the Ukraine there was a democratic vote to cede to Russia. That was their right.

Leave a comment:

• ItsAllLinked
    replied

Originally posted by Simple Man View Post
    I read an article a few months ago about an unarmed Russian bomber fly-by of a U.S. destroyer, and used a type of electronic device to shut down the ships defense systems.
    I am not so sure about the accuracy of the article though, seems far fetched to me.
    This actually sounds familiar, I may have read a likewise article.

Leave a comment:

• Simple Man
    replied

The are indeed. Their new guidance systems and avionics systems are also impervious to EMP. That might be a clue as to how they plan to fight against all our smart weapons if that time ever comes.
    I read an article a few months ago about an unarmed Russian bomber fly-by of a U.S. destroyer, and used a type of electronic device to shut down the ships defense systems.
    I am not so sure about the accuracy of the article though, seems far fetched to me.
    Last edited by Simple Man; Dec 21 2015, 02:22 PM. Reason: added word "not"

Leave a comment:

• Reynolds357
    replied

Originally posted by Simple Man View Post
    Also, from what I understand Russia is doing a lot of experimenting with new EMP technology.
    The are indeed. Their new guidance systems and avionics systems are also impervious to EMP. That might be a clue as to how they plan to fight against all our smart weapons if that time ever comes.

Leave a comment:

• Trivalee
    replied

Originally posted by little watchman View Post
    Putin & Co.? Not likely. Radical Islam will probably try to make a convincing case in the next few years, but it's not America's greatest enemy. The greatest enemy of them all is God, who will eventually withdrawal His protection and let America feel His wrath. But here again you have to make distinctions, since many Christian Americans will not feel His wrath. If you are concerned for your safety, you should probably turn your attention to what God has instructed us to do, and in return He will give you the best protection available until it's your time to go.
    I say 'AMEN' to your wise comments. The question is not exclusive to America, but Europe as well. And I concur with Little Watchman: for as long as many in the west (supposed leaders of humanity) continues to reject Christ, Jesus Christ himself will reject us. Why the sudden exponential encroachment of Islam (radical or liberal) in traditionally Christian Europe and America? Look at it this way; if you leave your garden untended for years, weed and wild plants will take over. Many in the west have turned their back on Christ, church attendance continues to fall especially among the youth. Are we surprised Islam is moving in?

Today, westerners are converting to Islam in droves, this would have been tolerant, even acceptable if Christianity and conversion is equally acceptable and growing in the middle east, but sadly it's in decline. The modern generation in the west now believes that our founding fathers that built our nations on Christian principles were misguided. With advancement in science and technology, they believe we don't need God anymore. Suddenly, we have seen the light, God is a mirage. Science will save the day! Many of our politicians profess Christ to get our votes - many of them have not been to Church in ages, except for weddings and funerals. God is being gradually legislated out of our national lives. Some hotels in our cities have stopped placing bibles in their rooms!

Is Russia or Obama the greatest enemy of America or Europe? In my humble opinion, none of them is. For those who lay all the blames on Obama, he will soon leave the White House, but the problems will remain. Neither military might nor the arm of flesh will save!

Leave a comment:

• Saved7
    replied

Originally posted by rom826 View Post
    so I guess the greatest enemy is sand traps?
    nope...booby traps.

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied

Originally posted by rom826 View Post
    or is Islamic terrorism?
    Since it is the Russians, and, probably the Chinese, that pay for there to be Islamic Terrorism, I would say the Russians.

Since it is the Russians that have a special envoy in every Embassy, called the Terrorist Diplomat, that delivers weapons and explosives to terrorists all over the world, I would say the Russians.

Leave a comment:

• swaldron583
    replied

In June 2015 Vladimir Putin was disinvited from attending the G-7 Summit in Geneva because of Russian support for the civil war in the Ukraine. Putin was summoned to the Vatican where he was told to stop supporting Russian seperatists in the Ukraine. Putin not only refused, but ordered additional Russian forces moved to the border of Ukraine. NATO responded by deploying a quick reaction force to stop any Russian aggression in the conflict. Vladimir Putin then openly stated Russia would use nuclear weapons if NATO intervened in Ukraine. Uh. yeah. I think if Russia is threatening to nuke NATO, that put's them squarely in the "ENEMY" column.

Leave a comment:

• keck553
    replied

Originally posted by swaldron583 View Post
    I'm always tickled by "armchair" generals who express opinions about whether or not Russia represents a serious military threat. They like to point out the Iraq War proves Russian equipment is outdated and ineffective on a modern battlefield. History proves that megalomaniacs and ultra-nationalist fanatics don't give a hoot about reason or logic. Take for instance the American Civil War. Within three years of its' start, confederate troops were fighting bear foot, short on artillery and running out of gunpowder. All their ports were blockaded for lack of a navy to protect them. Didn't stop them from firing on Fort Sumpter though, did it ? Same story with WWII. The Stuka, Me109 and Japanese Zero were pretty good planes by 1939 standards, but they were totally outclassed by 1944. Forty percent of the German army was "horse" drawn in 1939 and the germans were still using cavalry.. while the Japanese used cavalry and bicycles for lack of trucks. Did any of this stop Hitler from invading Poland ? NOPE. Did it stop Japan from bombing Pearl Harbor ? NOPE. Is Russia a "serious" military threat (whatever its' capabilities are) ? They got enough military capability to start a thermo nuclear war and kill several billion people. That put's them in the "serious" category, no matter how "outdated" their equipment is.
    I worked for SIGINT in the late 1970's as a GSFG analyst. I can tell you with all assurance that Russia is a threat if they choose to be.

Leave a comment:

• Simple Man
    replied

Russia has the most advanced nuclear warheads on the planet. They have the most advanced system to deliver them on the planet. Does anything else really matter?
    Also, from what I understand Russia is doing a lot of experimenting with new EMP technology.

Leave a comment:

• whitetiger
    replied

Originally posted by Protective Angel View Post
    Are you saying the majority of America are morons?
    Quite possibly they were

Leave a comment:

Working...
X