"Stop blaming guns, start shooting terrorists" : Pirro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stop blaming guns, start shooting terrorists" : Pirro

In her opening statement on Justice, Judge Jeanine Pirro criticized President Obama for going on an "anti-Second Amendment crusade" while the nation is under threat from terrorist groups. Pirro said that Obama's planned executive action on gun control will leave Americans "up a creek not just without a paddle, but without a gun as well."
    "At a time when we face the biggest threat we have ever confronted, our commander-in-chief is on an anti-Second Amendment crusade to take away our guns," she said.

Full article here : http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/01/0...oot-terrorists
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Re: "Stop blaming guns, start shooting terrorists" : Pirro

Yes, it appears that some don't want Justice to happen.

Oh well, let us remember the days when it was possible:

A 14-year-old boy, Anthony Hernandez, protected his grandparents by shooting and killing a burglar who was breaking into the family’s Charlotte, N.C., home by climbing through a window. “My grandson told him to stop and get out of here, and he didn’t, so my grandson shot him,” Anne Marie Wyant said during a 911 call. An accomplice has been arrested and charged, and police said the shooting was justified. The Wyants made a commitment to teach their grandchildren about self-defense six years ago, after Anthony’s father was shot to death while working at the auto shop he owned. “[Anthony is] his grandmother’s hero,” Wyant said. “If I was by myself, God knows what they [the intruder and his cohort] would have done to me.” (The Charlotte Observer, Charlotte, N.C., 12/18/14)

After she moved into a nursing home, an elderly woman’s 18-year-old grandson began staying at her house. He was home alone early one morning when he was awakened by a noise coming from a back room of the home. He grabbed a shotgun from under the sofa he was sleeping on and went to investigate. He spotted what looked like the light from a flashlight coming from behind a curtain covering a glass door. As the teen moved forward, the back door was kicked in and he was confronted by two robbers. The teenager fired several shots. One suspect fell to the ground with a fatal gunshot wound, while the other fled the scene. He was later found at a nearby hospital being treated for gunshot wounds. It was last reported that he was in critical condition. The teen staying at his grandmother’s home was not injured. (Houston Chronicle, Baytown, Texas, 8/29/12)

Kendra St. Clair, a 12-year-old at home alone one day during her fall break, called her mother at work to say there was a man repeatedly ringing the doorbell and banging on the door. When no one answered the door, she said he disappeared. St. Clair’s mother instructed her daughter to get her .40-cal. Glock pistol and go into a bathroom closet. St. Clair heard him break in through the back door. As the man made his way through her home, 911 dispatchers kept St. Clair on the phone. He was inside the home for approximately six minutes before he made his way to the bathroom where St. Clair was hiding. When she saw the doorknob begin to turn, she fired the gun. The 32-year-old intruder was taken into custody after being treated for a gunshot wound to the chest. (The Oklahoman, Durant, Okla., 10/20/12)

A 14-year-old boy was at home watching his three younger siblings, ages 8, 10 and 12, when a woman rang the doorbell. The teen did not open the door when he didn’t recognize the woman. Soon thereafter, there was a loud bang on the door. The teen rushed his siblings upstairs and retrieved a handgun from his parents’ bedroom. A man broke through the front door and pointed a gun at the boy, who then shot the 37-year-old intruder. After undergoing surgery for his wounds the man was jailed on counts of aggravated assault and burglary. (The Durango Herald, Phoenix, Ariz., 6/24/12)

When 14-year-old Brady [last name withheld] went to the kitchen for a glass of water late one night, he heard voices. Brady said, “I walked to the edge of the stairs and I [heard] them talking. I didn’t recognize their voices and I went back to my room and got my 12-guage shotgun. I loaded it.” Then the boy confronted the men. The intruders had their own firearms pointed at Brady, but fled upon seeing his shotgun pointed back at them. (FOX16, Little Rock, Ark., 4/30/12)

Home alone, a 17-year-old girl did not answer the door when the doorbell rang. Shortly thereafter, she heard someone jump over the gate in the backyard. She then saw a man reach through the home’s doggie door and attempt to unlatch it. The girl quickly armed herself and fired a shot at the doggie door. Without hesitation, the suspect fled. It is unknown whether or not the man was injured. The area was heavily searched, but police were unable to locate the man. (The Arizona Republic, Glendale, Ariz., 2/7/12)

Police received a call from a 15-year-old girl claiming there was someone trying to get into her house while she was home alone. She reported that she heard the front door jiggle, looked out the window and saw two men there. One man managed to get into the garage, where he was attempting to steal a pickup truck. After retrieving her father’s handgun, the girl confronted the man in the garage, causing him to immediately flee. His accomplice, who had already made his way inside and was ransacking the contents of the home, quickly followed suit. (The Daily News, Texas City, Texas, 1/15/12)

Perhaps it is appropriate to prepare ourselves for the inevitable confiscation of our Bibles, as well as the destruction of our churches, as the "things concerning Him" come to an end:

LK 22:37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

As the Bible says, "when the arms of the fighter are taken and broken, so will be the image and words of our Savior," IMO.

DAN 11:22 And the arms of the fighter shall be overcome before his face, and shall be broken; yea also the prince of the covenant. (Douay)
    Last edited by dan; Jan 3 2016, 08:47 PM. Reason: Punctuation
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Comment

The Second Amendment was written specifically in the context of the American Revolution in order to accommodate "a well regulated militia".

Not only are private citizens not "a well regulated militia", their guns simply do not fit the context for which the Second Amendment was written: single-shot muskets that took several minutes to reload.

Insisting that we need tighter regulations is not "anti-Second Amendment". Exactly the opposite. People who insist on gun control are the ones who intend to follow the spirit of that law: to permit and regulate firearms.

Though, going beyond that, I think American Christians need to stop loving their guns so much. You have a legal right to bear arms. That doesn't make it Christlike to cling to that "right". The Christian sensibility should not be, "They're killing us, so let's kill them back." It should be, "They're killing us, what can we do to remain non-violent and be peacemakers like Jesus intended for us?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpstart View Post
        The Second Amendment was written specifically in the context of the American Revolution in order to accommodate "a well regulated militia".

Not only are private citizens not "a well regulated militia", their guns simply do not fit the context for which the Second Amendment was written: single-shot muskets that took several minutes to reload.

Insisting that we need tighter regulations is not "anti-Second Amendment". Exactly the opposite. People who insist on gun control are the ones who intend to follow the spirit of that law: to permit and regulate firearms.

Though, going beyond that, I think American Christians need to stop loving their guns so much. You have a legal right to bear arms. That doesn't make it Christlike to cling to that "right". The Christian sensibility should not be, "They're killing us, so let's kill them back." It should be, "They're killing us, what can we do to remain non-violent and be peacemakers like Jesus intended for us?"
        Let's pretend you're right. Can you explain why when the revolutionary war ended the governments, federal and state, did not disarm the citizenry? After all, they aren't supposed to have guns according to you.

Also, if the second amendment refers only to the militia, can you please explain why it also then follows up with the right of the people (read people here and not militia) to keep and bear arms saying that the government shall not infringe upon this right? Further, if you refuse to explain this because you can't, and if you insist on claiming it has only to do with the militia, then explain why the writers felt it necessary to say the government could not infringe upon the right of the militia to keep and bear arms when after all, in the history of the entire human race, all armies are armed, so please don't try to play dumb with that one.

I eagerly await your reply and explanation on each of the points I've asked for explanation.

Comment

Wait - The second amendment was written AFTER we won.....
          Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
            Indeed it was, and perhaps jumpstart could explain that as well. I suspect however jumpstart will end with nothing more than opinion since he started with that rather than logic and sound reasoning which was not evident in the post.

Comment

What does the 2nd Amendment have to do with us as Christians? Oh sorry this is the breaking news thread
              It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

I said it was written "in the context of" the Revolution. Not during it.

Comment

Originally posted by EarlyCall View Post
                  Indeed it was, and perhaps jumpstart could explain that as well. I suspect however jumpstart will end with nothing more than opinion since he started with that rather than logic and sound reasoning which was not evident in the post.
                  Sheesh, man, what did I do to deserve to be hated like this?

Can you explain why when the revolutionary war ended the governments, federal and state, did not disarm the citizenry? After all, they aren't supposed to have guns according to you.
                  I didn't say the government should take away private citizens' firearms, or that they "aren't supposed" to have them.

I said the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to permit and regulate firearms." The spirit of the law is that people may have firearms under regulation. Firearms have evolved in incredible ways since the Second Amendment was written, so the "regulation" advised by that law must evolve as well. Insisting on tighter gun control is not anti-Second Amendment.

Comment

I didn't say the government should take away private citizens' firearms, or that they "aren't supposed" to have them.

I said the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to permit and regulate firearms." The spirit of the law is that people may have firearms under regulation. Firearms have evolved in incredible ways since the Second Amendment was written, so the "regulation" advised by that law must evolve as well. Insisting on tighter gun control is not anti-Second Amendment.

Jumpstart, they have become an idol fear is of the devil, and God has not given us a spirit of fear which is the root of this idolatry.

There are ones who feel like this is there God given, yes! God given right to bear arms, forgetting that ones who live by the gun will die by the gun..... it's sad. How can they argue against regulations? It's outright a contrite spirit, rooted in fear
                    It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

Since the Bill of Rights was written, we now have a powerful Army to defend us from invasion and a National Guard to maintain internal security. We no longer need a militia except in the paranoid fantasies of the paramilitary.

In this case, patriotism is indeed the last refuge of a scoundrel and the scoundrels are the faux Minutemen with their mistrust of, and disdain for, democratic government, together with their enablers in the gun lobby, who make a fat profit off of other people’s misery behind their cynical invocation of “rights.”
                      Reformers seek not to ban guns but to put reasonable limits on their most egregious use.

Jack Schwartz

Comment

Originally posted by always View Post
                        What does the 2nd Amendment have to do with us as Christians? Oh sorry this is the breaking news thread
                        Really? You are here exercising your right to free speech, what does that have to do with us as Christians?

Do you vote? Do you exercise free speech? Do you exercise your right to worship YHWH? Do you agree with slavery? Do you have a reasonable expectation not to be searched and your property seized without a court issued warrant? Do you exercise free speech? Do you exercise the right to be judged by your peers if you are indicted for a crime? Do you expect physical torture when arrested? Do you exercise your right to plead the 5th amendment?

What do any of these have to do with Christians, and if not why would/do you exercise your rights?
                        Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

I said it was written "in the context of" the Revolution. Not during it.
                          You're not doing to well here, and I suspect it is because you didn't do any research on this. In "context" the revolution was over and the threat no longer existed.

If you had bothered to read the papers and lectures of the writers of the bill of rights, you would know the context the wrote the 2nd amendment in. And that context was for citizens to defend themselves against THEIR OWN government, not England.

Comment

Sheesh, man, what did I do to deserve to be hated like this?
                            hated? Is this becoming a liberal codeword for losing a debate?

Wrong. In context of the writers, "well regulated" meant basically (paraphrased) lots of target practice. Try reading the Federalist papers for some enlightenment.

Comment

Really? You are here exercising your right to free speech, what does that have to do with us as Christians?

Do you vote? Do you exercise free speech? Do you exercise your right to worship YHWH? Do you agree with slavery? Do you have a reasonable expectation not to be searched and your property seized without a court issued warrant? Do you exercise free speech? Do you exercise the right to be judged by your peers if you are indicted for a crime? Do you expect physical torture when arrested? Do you exercise your right to plead the 5th amendment?

What do any of these have to do with Christians, and if not why would/do you exercise your rights?
                              Do you actually believe that those rights came about because of the 2nd Amendment? God had nothing to do with it?

Comment

Working...
                              X