Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Stop blaming guns, start shooting terrorists" : Pirro

Originally posted by EarlyCall View Post
    I too believe that if hillary is elected we are done, but we will deserve it. It is my hope though that all those who vote for her pay three times what the rest of us must pay.
    No doubt, but we'll all be driven into poverty. liberals are experts at spending other people's money
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

We all know that the gun issue is a liberal agenda. So once they get everyone's gun, then what? Is that it?

I kind of doubt that's all there is to the agenda. I mean, Hitler took away the Jews' guns,and look what happened to them. No wonder they say "never again."

Comment

Originally posted by bunnymuldare View Post
        We all know that the gun issue is a liberal agenda. So once they get everyone's gun, then what? Is that it?

I kind of doubt that's all there is to the agenda. I mean, Hitler took away the Jews' guns,and look what happened to them. No wonder they say "never again."
        I don't see it as some evil racist conspiracy. I just think liberals are fixated on treating the symptoms because the cure would cause them to abandon their liberalism
        Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
          I don't see it as some evil racist conspiracy. I just think liberals are fixated on treating the symptoms because the cure would cause them to abandon their liberalism
          The very word liberal is an oxymoron for the ones spinning the agenda while they reduce the size of our military to nothing.

Comment

keck,
            Remember this? Voting down God and Jerusalem at the DNC?
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxA_ZzPZleI

Comment

No doubt, but we'll all be driven into poverty. liberals are experts at spending other people's money
              Indeed, liberals are experts at taking everything from everyone all the while telling their victims how much they care.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnymuldare View Post

All our rights hinge upon the citizenry being armed against tyranny, which is the natural inclination of all governments over time, which is what our founders understood so well. The naive, the ignorant of history think that if it is not currently happening, then it isn't going to happen.

Comment

All our rights hinge upon the citizenry being armed against tyranny, which is the natural inclination of all governments over time, which is what our founders understood so well. The naive, the ignorant of history think that if it is not currently happening, then it isn't going to happen.
                  The problem this time it's not just our own government, but they are giving over our freedoms to a holier than though global government like the UN. Such craziness.

Comment

I can't disagree with any of that. I just think at some point, liberalism becomes a mental disorder, which adversely affects sound reasoning. I do not say all democrats fall into this category, some are just generational voters who are agnostic and don't pay attention, others are "on the hook" and believe they will suffer if they lose their entitlements. I consider these people trapped in the same way an abused person is trapped in a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumpstart View Post
                      The Second Amendment was written specifically in the context of the American Revolution in order to accommodate "a well regulated militia".
                      No, actually, the Founding Fathers intended the militia to last indefinitely, and it is reflected in their writings.

"...It is likewise much to be wished, that it might be made agreeable to officers who have served in the army, to accept commands in the militia; that they might be appointed to them so far as can be done without creating uneasiness and jealousy, and that the principal characters in the community would give a countenance to military improvements, by being present at public reviews and exhibitions, and by bringing into estimation amongst their fellow citizens, those who appear fond of cultivating military knowledge and who excel in the exercise of arms. By giving such a tone to our establishment; by making it universally reputable to bear arms and disgraceful to decline having a share in the performance of military duties; in fine by keeping up in peace a well regulated militia and a disciplined militia, we shall take the fairest and best method to preserve, for a long time to come, the happiness, dignity, and independence of our country." - George Washington, "Sentiments On A Peace Establishment" ( 02 May 1783 ).

Not only are private citizens not "a well regulated militia", their guns simply do not fit the context for which the Second Amendment was written: single-shot muskets that took several minutes to reload.
                      No, actually, the people ARE the militia, and they are REQUIRED to provide their own military-type rifle to participate in the militia.

The Militia is the people themselves and includes all men capable of bearing arms...To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them" - Richard Henry Lee, "Additional Letters from the Federal Farmer" 1788 at page 169.

"...The second Act, passed May 8, 1792, provided for the organization of the state militias. It conscripted every "free able-bodied white male citizen" between the ages of 18 and 45 into a local militia company. (This was later expanded to all males, regardless of race, between the ages 18-54)

Militia members, referred to as "every citizen, so enrolled and notified," "...shall within six months thereafter, provide himself..." with a musket, bayonet and belt, two spare flints, a cartridge box with 24 bullets, and a knapsack. Men owning rifles were required to provide a powder horn, 1/4 pound of gunpowder, 20 rifle balls, a shooting pouch, and a knapsack.[5] Some occupations were exempt, such as congressmen, stagecoach drivers, and ferryboatmen." -Wikipedia

Insisting that we need tighter regulations is not "anti-Second Amendment". Exactly the opposite. People who insist on gun control are the ones who intend to follow the spirit of that law: to permit and regulate firearms.
                      Unfortunately, for your argument, the definition of "well-regulated" in the days of the building of the constitution was "well-trained" or "well-tuned."

Though, going beyond that, I think American Christians need to stop loving their guns so much. You have a legal right to bear arms. That doesn't make it Christlike to cling to that "right". The Christian sensibility should not be, "They're killing us, so let's kill them back." It should be, "They're killing us, what can we do to remain non-violent and be peacemakers like Jesus intended for us?"
                      Unless, one would perceive Jesus' Advice to "buy a sword" to be a Command, at that point, one has to "cling."

LK 22:36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take [it], and likewise [his] scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

I must continue pointing out that there is only one verse that talks about making physical peace in the NT, and in it men are ARMED:

LK 11:21 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

Also, there is, at least in the KJV, a command that those that will murder with a weapon MUST be killed with a weapon and that this particular action is the patience and faith of the saints.

REV 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear:
                      REV 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Matthew Henry's Complete is shocking with it's decree on the original "kill" Commandment:

The sixth commandment concerns our own and our neighbours life (v. 13): "Thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not do any thing hurtful or injurious to the health, ease, and life, of thy own body, or any other persons unjustly. This is one of the laws of nature, and was strongly enforced by the precepts given to Noah and his sons, Gen. 9:5, 6. It does not forbid killing in lawful war, or in our own necessary defence, nor the magistrate?s putting offenders to death, for those things tend to the preserving of life; but it forbids all malice and hatred to the person of any (for he that hateth his brother is a murderer ), and all personal revenge arising therefrom; also all rash anger upon sudden provocations, and hurt said or done, or aimed to be done, in passion: of this our Saviour expounds this commandment, Mt. 5:22. And, as that which is worst of all, it forbids persecution, laying wait for the blood of the innocent and excellent ones of the earth.- Matthew Henry's Complete

Matthew Henry read the Bible and understood, I read the Bible and I understand.
                      JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
                      JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Comment

Originally posted by always View Post
                        Since the Bill of Rights was written, we now have a powerful Army to defend us from invasion and a National Guard to maintain internal security. We no longer need a militia except in the paranoid fantasies of the paramilitary.
                        Luckily, it's not Jack's call, the law is there, remove it if you can!

Originally posted by always View Post
                        In this case, patriotism is indeed the last refuge of a scoundrel and the scoundrels are the faux Minutemen with their mistrust of, and disdain for, democratic government, together with their enablers in the gun lobby, who make a fat profit off of other people’s misery behind their cynical invocation of “rights.”
                        Reformers seek not to ban guns but to put reasonable limits on their most egregious use.

Jack Schwartz
                        Well, gee, jack, the faux minutemen are the only ones I see defending others in the street, not you!

Krick’s Korner, a local convenience store, was open around 2 p.m. when two men wearing masks entered. They held the store clerk at gunpoint and demanded money, cigarettes and lottery tickets. Meanwhile, a man exiting a nearby apartment building saw the robbery taking place. He quickly drew his concealed firearm and ordered the robbers to stop as they made their way outside. They turned their guns on the concerned citizen, prompting him to fire his gun. Both robbers sustained fatal gunshot wounds to the chest. No other injuries were reported. (Reading Eagle, Reading, Pa., 11/5/13)

As for their disdain for government, the men who run the government have said that they don't believe in the right of people have guns.

"The first time I ever met him, Obama said that he didn't believe that people should own guns." -Dr. John Lott (Obama and Lott met on the University of Chicago campus where they were both employed at the time).

When 2.4 million people a year use guns to defend themselves, the word gets out and creates demand, but it's not misery that transpires with gun owners, but only with the unarmed:

"Talk to a mugging victim. Talk to a woman who has been raped. Talk to a storeowner who has had a knife to his throat. They will tell you that the greatest and most lingering terror of the experience-- beyond pain, beyond immediate fear--was the overwhelming sense of helplessness.

And that is the most debilitating legacy for those who survive. It is human nature to forget pain once it has passed. Some injuries heal, and when they can't, the victim eventually learns to live with being crippled, with only the occasional wistful thought of what it once was like to be whole. You recover from fear like from a bad dream. But the helplessness stays inside the deepest part of you forever, because it's the one constant reminder that it can happen again.

You see it in how the victim's life is changed in the aftermath of the attack. So many, especially the old, barricade themselves in their apartments forever. So many rape victims spend the rest of their lives as if something inside them was poised to cringe at the subtlest emotional threat..."

"...Ask a woman who has been raped, whether she ever wished she had a gun when it happened. . .and whether she has bought one since. Her reply is likely to be "yes" to at least the first, and often to both.

Talk to the bereaved, who lost their loved one to the violence of the streets. Talk to those who have been violated in their homes. Ask them how they feel about passive non-resistance. And when you have attuned yourself to the haunting fear that lives with them forever after their nightmare, you will be ready to talk with someone else who was in their place, but survived unscathed because they were armed.

The contrast will be striking. These survivors don't put notches on their pistols, and they don't brag about what they had to do. Indeed, when a New York gun club wanted to make cash awards in public to several store owners who had shot criminals, not one came forward to accept. The taking of a human life, no matter what the circumstances, is an unnatural act, an emotionally shattering experience that leaves its own scars forever. But none of those people regret what they did, and to a man, their first reaction was to go home to their wife and children and hug them, tightly and wordlessly. The act of killing creates a fresh new zest for life, not because of any pleasurable response to the Act of Cain itself, but the enormous relief of having escaped one's own death after having been so close. A person who has just survived a high speed car crash will describe the subsequent "rush" in exactly the same way.

When the armed citizen is forced to the wall, escaping death only by pulling his own trigger, the aftermath is much like having a drunk driver hit you head on, and you survive and he doesn't. There is an exultant voice inside you crying, "I'm alive! I didn't realize how great life was 'til I almost lost it, but I'm alive!" You feel sorry for the one who died, but you don't feel guilty because it was he who rammed into you, just as it was the criminal himself who made you pull the trigger; his fault, not yours." -Massad Ayoob in "Armed And Alive"
                        Last edited by dan; Jan 7 2016, 12:20 AM. Reason: content
                        JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
                        JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Comment

I can't disagree with any of that. I just think at some point, liberalism becomes a mental disorder, which adversely affects sound reasoning. I do not say all democrats fall into this category, some are just generational voters who are agnostic and don't pay attention, others are "on the hook" and believe they will suffer if they lose their entitlements. I consider these people trapped in the same way an abused person is trapped in a relationship.
                          Not long ago I was talking with my friend and we both feel as you do, that in fact liberals, generally speaking of course, do have some mental disorder. And I literally mean exactly that. Their brains simply do not work as they should. They suffer from obvious disconnects from reality, they learn to accept and even completely disregard dishonest politicians who would lie to them, they find no problem with corrupt government, and consider immorality to be morality.

Even liberal Christians have come to accept the gay agenda and abortion. They say they do not approve and seek to put into power the wicked who God abhors. There is something very wrong in the mind of such people.

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                            Luckily, it's not Jack's call, the law is there, remove it if you can!

Well, gee, jack, the faux minutemen are the only ones I see defending others in the street, not you!

Krick’s Korner, a local convenience store, was open around 2 p.m. when two men wearing masks entered. They held the store clerk at gunpoint and demanded money, cigarettes and lottery tickets. Meanwhile, a man exiting a nearby apartment building saw the robbery taking place. He quickly drew his concealed firearm and ordered the robbers to stop as they made their way outside. They turned their guns on the concerned citizen, prompting him to fire his gun. Both robbers sustained fatal gunshot wounds to the chest. No other injuries were reported. (Reading Eagle, Reading, Pa., 11/5/13)

As for their disdain for government, the men who run the government have said that they don't believe in the right of people have guns.

"The first time I ever met him, Obama said that he didn't believe that people should own guns." -Dr. John Lott (Dr. Lott met Obama when Barack was a Senator, in the green room of a TV station where they both were interviewed).

When 2.4 million people a year use guns to defend themselves, the word gets out and creates demand, but it's not misery that transpires with gun owners, but only with the unarmed:

"Talk to a mugging victim. Talk to a woman who has been raped. Talk to a storeowner who has had a knife to his throat. They will tell you that the greatest and most lingering terror of the experience-- beyond pain, beyond immediate fear--was the overwhelming sense of helplessness.

And that is the most debilitating legacy for those who survive. It is human nature to forget pain once it has passed. Some injuries heal, and when they can't, the victim eventually learns to live with being crippled, with only the occasional wistful thought of what it once was like to be whole. You recover from fear like from a bad dream. But the helplessness stays inside the deepest part of you forever, because it's the one constant reminder that it can happen again.

You see it in how the victim's life is changed in the aftermath of the attack. So many, especially the old, barricade themselves in their apartments forever. So many rape victims spend the rest of their lives as if something inside them was poised to cringe at the subtlest emotional threat..."

"...Ask a woman who has been raped, whether she ever wished she had a gun when it happened. . .and whether she has bought one since. Her reply is likely to be "yes" to at least the first, and often to both.

Talk to the bereaved, who lost their loved one to the violence of the streets. Talk to those who have been violated in their homes. Ask them how they feel about passive non-resistance. And when you have attuned yourself to the haunting fear that lives with them forever after their nightmare, you will be ready to talk with someone else who was in their place, but survived unscathed because they were armed.

The contrast will be striking. These survivors don't put notches on their pistols, and they don't brag about what they had to do. Indeed, when a New York gun club wanted to make cash awards in public to several store owners who had shot criminals, not one came forward to accept. The taking of a human life, no matter what the circumstances, is an unnatural act, an emotionally shattering experience that leaves its own scars forever. But none of those people regret what they did, and to a man, their first reaction was to go home to their wife and children and hug them, tightly and wordlessly. The act of killing creates a fresh new zest for life, not because of any pleasurable response to the Act of Cain itself, but the enormous relief of having escaped one's own death after having been so close. A person who has just survived a high speed car crash will describe the subsequent "rush" in exactly the same way.

When the armed citizen is forced to the wall, escaping death only by pulling his own trigger, the aftermath is much like having a drunk driver hit you head on, and you survive and he doesn't. There is an exultant voice inside you crying, "I'm alive! I didn't realize how great life was 'til I almost lost it, but I'm alive!" You feel sorry for the one who died, but you don't feel guilty because it was he who rammed into you, just as it was the criminal himself who made you pull the trigger; his fault, not yours." -Massad Ayoob in "Armed And Alive"
                            I guess jack is smarter than our founders.

Comment

I guess jack is smarter than our founders.
                              Considering he has most likely gone to college for 10 years (unlike most of our founders), he must be.
                              "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
                              "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
                              Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Comment

Not long ago I was talking with my friend and we both feel as you do, that in fact liberals, generally speaking of course, do have some mental disorder. And I literally mean exactly that. Their brains simply do not work as they should. They suffer from obvious disconnects from reality, they learn to accept and even completely disregard dishonest politicians who would lie to them, they find no problem with corrupt government, and consider immorality to be morality.

Even liberal Christians have come to accept the gay agenda and abortion. They say they do not approve and seek to put into power the wicked who God abhors. There is something very wrong in the mind of such people.
                                Well, when you are emotionally and resource invested in something, it's difficult to let go; sometimes it is easier to compromise than to jump ship. But all history shows that the socialism that liberalism is descending into is a bankrupt and ungodly ideology. And it's not a good thing to go down with the ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X