Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Stop blaming guns, start shooting terrorists" : Pirro

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
    The Bill of rights isn't a poll. It doesn't matter whether "everybody" agrees or not.

Yeah, I am sure criminals will check their weapins at the door to ensure the "safety and comfort" of shoppers. That's why every mass shooting has occured in a "safe and comfortable environment, right?" That's fine, if you want to solicit an establishment that advetises their shoppers lives depend on the mercy of mass murderers, go right ahead. I'll just stay away from those places.

Yep, that's real common sense alright. Becides OC in Texas requires a Concealed Weapins Permit. Why are you afraid of LAW ABIDING CITIZENS who have passed a background check for a CWP?

To fulfill "common sense" the signs need to be TRUTHFUL, like "This establishment disarms law abiding citizens to create a safe environment for criminals"

By the way I am not sure if soliciting on this forum is allowed, but I noticed your link is already disabled.
    Can we get an explanation from someone who wants businesses to be gun-free zones on just exactly how those signs stop the bad guys intent on killing others? We know such people want to stop those who obey the law from going inside the business, but how does it stop the bad guy?

Do anti-gun folk ever explain that? I've never heard an explanation before. Or is this just one more example of a disconnect from reality? Looks like it. I wonder how it is they don't get that?

I think no gun signs should come with a disclaimer. These signs disarm only those who would do you no harm. These signs make them just as vulnerable to the criminals as the foolish people that put this sign up. You've been warned. Enter at your own discretion.

Comment

By the way I am not sure if soliciting on this forum is allowed, but I noticed your link is already disabled.

Yes, I did not include it, following the rules.....
      It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

Originally posted by always View Post
        Yes, I did not include it, following the rules.....
        Personally I think if you want to send out invitations to join those who choose to put themselves at the mercy of thugs and terrorists, that is your right
        Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Personally I think if you want to send out invitations to join those who choose to put themselves at the mercy of thugs and terrorists, that is your right

Well thank you Keck, I appreciate that, I'm sure since God's grace and mercy are new each and everyday, we will be just fine.
          It takes love to embrace those ones who are weak, and strength to endure the weakness, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Comment

Well thank you Keck, I appreciate that, I'm sure since God's grace and mercy are new each and everyday, we will be just fine.
            A couple thoughts:

If you trust God to protect you from thugs, why are you afraid of law abiding citizens?

I wonder about all the victims of gun free zones. How many do you think died unsaved?
            Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

A couple thoughts:

If you trust God to protect you from thugs, why are you afraid of law abiding citizens?

I wonder about all the victims of gun free zones. How many do you think died unsaved?
              A couple of answers

God has not given us a spirit of fear...... however we do live in this world but we are not of it. My trust in God does not exempt me from being concerned about my welfare or others, I don't want thugs or law abiding citizens toting guns around me.

and in reference to unsaved that have died , that same question can be asked about those in who died on battlefields, in the line duty and so on and so on. Please!

Comment

A couple of answers

God has not given us a spirit of fear...... however we do live in this world but we are not of it. My trust in God does not exempt me from being concerned about my welfare or others, I don't want thugs or law abiding citizens toting guns around me.
                What qualifies you to decide what is good for the welfare of others? Maybe law abiding licensed gun owners care about others not being sitting ducks with a target painted on their heads.

Furthermore, the statistics prove your opinion is dead wrong. Virtually all the mass shootings that have happened in this country have been in "gun free" zones. How many mass shootings have you heard of in gun shows or in police stations? I think you are either being driven by partisan politics or fear, because you have no tangible evidence to prove your concerns are reasonable or as the liberals like to say "common sense."

and in reference to unsaved that have died , that same question can be asked about those in who died on battlefields, in the line duty and so on and so on. Please!
                Yeah, true that. But as Obama said....if we can just save.......one life....

How do you save the lives of ducks in a barrel?

Comment

What qualifies you to decide what is good for the welfare of others? Maybe law abiding licensed gun owners care about others not being sitting ducks with a target painted on their heads.

1. The loss of a childhood friend who lost his life when his father accidently shot him.
                  2. Experiencing in court a inmate disarming a officer and escaping with his gun.
                  3. A deputy's gun going off going through the JPs office wall barely missing him

Just personal experiences......

Yeah, true that. But as Obama said....if we can just save.......one life....

How do you save the lives of ducks in a barrel?
                  Don't shoot them?

Comment

1. The loss of a childhood friend who lost his life when his father accidently shot him.
                    2. Experiencing in court a inmate disarming a officer and escaping with his gun.
                    3. A deputy's gun going off going through the JPs office wall barely missing him

Just personal experiences......
                    Ok, now its my turn...what is a "bare miss?"

Comment

A couple thoughts:

Most excellent question, but you won't get a good answer. Sure, not afraid of thugs but it makes a place safer if good, law-abiding citizens aren't armed. The thugs are armed but God will protect against thugs, but God won't protect against good people who are armed.

This sort of logic makes my brain cells melt and run out my ears.

Comment

I was hit by a pickup once, so I don't want cars and trucks on the same road as me, and I don't care if they have a legal drivers license or not.

sure, I'm forgetting to mention the millions of cars I've passed and have passed me on the roads over the years without incident, but for me, it happened once and that's enough.

Make sense?

Comment

Ok, now its my turn...what is a "bare miss?"
                          He changed his pants.

Comment

Originally posted by EarlyCall View Post
                            Most excellent question, but you won't get a good answer. Sure, not afraid of thugs but it makes a place safer if good, law-abiding citizens aren't armed. The thugs are armed but God will protect against thugs, but God won't protect against good people who are armed.

This sort of logic makes my brain cells melt and run out my ears.
                            Yeah....it's difficult to relate to such ideologies, like - "don't trust the good guys, but trust the bad guys will obey a sign...." Seems rather odd to me.

Originally posted by EarlyCall View Post
                            He changed his pants.
                            Yeah, that would probably be my response.....

Comment

Ok, now its my turn...what is a "bare miss?" ....... Yeah....it's difficult to relate to such ideologies, like - "don't trust the good guys, but trust the bad guys will obey a sign...." Seems rather odd to me
                              one to close for comfort.....

I guess you and whomever you was talking to, would not pay attention to a sign, because I answered I didn't trust EITHER one of them.......comprende?

Comment

one to close for comfort.....

I guess you and whomever you was talking to, would not pay attention to a sign, because I answered I didn't trust EITHER one of them.......comprende?
                                The truth is that law abiding people will not bring a weapon into a "gun free" zone, but a criminal will. That sets up a nice "fish in a barrel" scenario for criminals. In other words, the sign is an invitation to criminals and crazy people to hurt, main and kill in a safe environment.

You know that is true.

As to the idiom, literally a "bare miss" is actually a hit. It wasn't a dig on you, it was just a commentary on the silliness of our language. Like "bald faced lie...."

Anyway, I've been in many situations that were "too close for comfort," the worse one for me was falling out of the sky from 2000 feet in a UH-1 that lost power. But that didn't stop me from climbing aboard the Chinook that picked us up, or any of my subsequent flights. That would be superstition, don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X