Justice Antonin Scalia Dies At 79

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice Antonin Scalia Dies At 79

"Scalia was a dominant figure at the court from the day he arrived, and he could be an intimidating presence for lawyers who had to argue there. He had a deep effect on the law and legal thinking through his Supreme Court opinions and speeches. His sharply worded dissents and caustic attacks on liberal notions were quoted widely, and they had an influence on a generation of young conservatives."

"...As a justice, he was the leading advocate for interpreting the Constitution by its original words and meaning, and not in line with contemporary thinking. He said he liked a “dead Constitution,” not a “living” one that evolves with the times..."

"...As Scalia saw it, the difficult constitutional questions of recent decades were easy to resolve if viewed through the prism of the late 18th century when the Constitution was written.

“The death penalty? Give me a break. It’s easy. Abortion? Absolutely easy. Nobody ever thought the Constitution prevented restrictions on abortion. Homosexual sodomy? Come on. For 200 years, it was criminal in every state,” Scalia told the American Enterprise Institute in 2012.

If such comments made him sound old, grumpy and out of touch with modern America, Scalia would agree and consider it a compliment. He said his job was to preserve an “enduring” Constitution..."

From the article- http://www.pressherald.com/2016/02/1...atural-causes/

RIP Justice Scalia.
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Re: Justice Antonin Scalia Dies At 79

We need more people like him on the Supreme Court who stand up for conservative values. Lifting up his family and the Supreme Court in prayer to the Lord.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Comment

Re: Justice Antonin Scalia Dies At 79

Originally posted by mailmandan View Post
      We need more people like him on the Supreme Court who stand up for conservative values. Lifting up his family and the Supreme Court in prayer to the Lord.
      Prayer is what's needed now, and a strong Republican resolve against President Obama.

Comment

Working...
      X