Happy 2017 from CERN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy 2017 from CERN

Will this machine open a door that the Revelation tells us about?

https://home.cern/about/updates/2017/01/happy-2017-cern

Jude
    A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Re: Happy 2017 from CERN

I hope so.

This dimension is wearing me out.
    Some people are offended that the Sovereign God, because He loved man so much and wanted to be in an intimate relationship with his creation, gave Man a free will to respond to God's grace, offered to all. They are offended that God is God as God chooses to be, not as they choose for God to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jude View Post
      Will this machine open a door that the Revelation tells us about?

https://home.cern/about/updates/2017/01/happy-2017-cern

Jude
      Hi Jude,

I don't think we have anything to worry about from CERN ( from a physical demonic perspective anyway ) Satan is quite able to do [ as he has been doing for thousands of years ] whatever he does without such tech.

Now, that is not to say that these guys might be messing with forces ( physics ) that may inadvertently trigger some other yet unknown issues ( i.e Like say a new nuclear type phenomena/discovery which I am sure would be weaponized if at all possible)

The sheer amount of money that has gone into CERN is staggering tho ( imo ), given the condition of the world and our issues here ( i.e Starvation, debt etc... )

From google :>>>The total operating budget of the LHC runs to about $1 billion per year. The Large Hadron Collider was first turned on in August of 2008, then stopped for repairs in September until November 2009. Taking all of those costs into consideration, the total cost of finding the Higgs boson ran about $13.25 billion<<<

I am not opposed at all to scientific discovery and research. But, I think it should be done to the Glory of God, to the completion of His Mission, and good stewardship; many times, this is not the case. It think a cost / benefit perspective should be front and center. Priorities.

Take our current obsession to colonize MARS and finding new planets. I mean, seriously? We have a planet right here that needs our attention and dollars, the last thing we should be doing is spending gobbs of money on colonizing Mars of all places.

Just my thougths
      A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky22 View Post
        Hi Jude,

The sheer amount of money that has gone into CERN is staggering tho ( imo ), given the condition of the world and our issues here ( i.e Starvation, debt etc... )

From google :>>>The total operating budget of the LHC runs to about $1 billion per year. The Large Hadron Collider was first turned on in August of 2008, then stopped for repairs in September until November 2009. Taking all of those costs into consideration, the total cost of finding the Higgs boson ran about $13.25 billion<<<
        The US built 21 B-2 Spirit bombers for approximately $45 billion.
        Do not say, Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions.
        Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Hi bluesky22, i looked up some information on this thing, the media doesn't do much coverage on it.

10 mind-blowing facts about the CERN Large Collider you need to know.

10. CERN is the worlds biggest machine

9. Massive gravitational pull

8. CERN generates extreme temperatures

7. But Stephen Hawking is worried

6. Opening the door to other dimensions

5. CERNs curious choice of geographic location

4. Tapping into Dark Matter

3. CERN logo

2. Deity of destruction as corporate mascot

1. No Democratic debate

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/313922-ce...-hadron-higgs/

Jude

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

Do not say, Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
              The US built 21 B-2 Spirit bombers for approximately $45 billion.
              Yes, indeed, like I said, we spend money on war and destruction like there is no tomorrow, while people are dying from lack of clean water.

Amazing.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

Yes, indeed, like I said, we spend money on war and destruction like there is no tomorrow, while people are dying from lack of clean water.

Amazing.
                Amazing indeed this is how the Almighty sees it..

Proverbs 14:20 The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich hath many friends.

Jude

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

Amazing.
                  My point is that the CERN/LHC is not that bad an investment in dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
                    My point is that the CERN/LHC is not that bad an investment in dollars.
                    Yes, I agree. Its a fraction of all military budgets.

However, does the expenditure warrant the benefit? Idk...Maybe, time will tell the tale I suppose.

As image bearers of of our Creative Creator, I think its good ( and normal ) that we innovate and develop tech. I just wish we did it with a more Godly mindset and goal.

How many desalination plants for the third world could have been built for this same money as those war planes or CERN?

Are you familiar with the concept of a Triage?

triage
                    trēˈZH/Submit
                    noun
                    (in medical use) the assignment of degrees of urgency to wounds or illnesses to decide the order of treatment of a large number of patients or casualties.
                    verb
                    assign degrees of urgency to (wounded or ill patients).

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

Yes, I agree. Its a fraction of all military budgets.

However, does the expenditure warrant the benefit? Idk...Maybe, time will tell the tale I suppose.

As image bearers of of our Creative Creator, I think its good ( and normal ) that we innovate and develop tech. I just wish we did it with a more Godly mindset and goal.

How many desalination plants for the third world could have been build for this same money as those war planes or CERN?

Are you familiar with the concept of a Triage?

triage
                      trēˈZH/Submit
                      noun
                      (in medical use) the assignment of degrees of urgency to wounds or illnesses to decide the order of treatment of a large number of patients or casualties.
                      verb
                      assign degrees of urgency to (wounded or ill patients).
                      62 billion spent on pets in US last year
                      Some people are offended that the Sovereign God, because He loved man so much and wanted to be in an intimate relationship with his creation, gave Man a free will to respond to God's grace, offered to all. They are offended that God is God as God chooses to be, not as they choose for God to be.

Comment

Us churches own $300 billion in real estate

Comment

Originally posted by Stew Ward's Hip View Post
                          62 billion spent on pets in US last year
                          Yikes! Amazing. Priorities, priorities, priorities.

Are we serving the Church or ourselves?

EDIT: Although, I have no problem with pets ( I have two cats ) and living, its a matter of balance I think.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

Yikes! Amazing. Priorities, priorities, priorities.

Are we serving the Church or ourselves?

EDIT: Although, I have no problem with pets ( I have two cats ) and living, its a matter of balance I think.
                            Maybe churches could sell their property

Comment

Originally posted by Stew Ward's Hip View Post
                              Maybe churches could sell their property
                              Well, I suppose....we do need a place to worship, to organize, no?

beacon
                              ˈbēkən/
                              noun
                              [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]
                              • [*=center]a fire or light set up in a high or prominent position as a warning, signal, or celebration.
                                [COLOR=#878787 !important]"a chain of beacons carried the news"[/COLOR]
                                • BRITISH
                                  (often in place names) a hill suitable for beacon of fire or light.
                                  [COLOR=#878787 !important]"Ivinghoe Beacon"[/COLOR]
                                  [*=center]a light or other visible object serving as a signal, warning, or guide, especially at sea or on an airfield.
                                  synonyms: lighthouse; More

Salt and Light
                                  13You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its savor, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. 14You are the light of theworld. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they set it on a lampstand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.…

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

Working...
                              X