Christian Persecution Expected To Increase In 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Persecution Expected To Increase In 2019

Christian Persecution Expected To Increase In 2019; Believers Facing ‘Modern-Day Jihad..

Nigeria, China, and India are expected to be among the worst countries for Christians in 2019. Nigeria and China both have Orthodox Christian communities that live under constant threat, as do all the Christians in those countries. India is the home of an ancient Christian community founded by St. Thomas the Apostle in the first century. We pray that the Christians in these countries and others would all be safe and protected, and that by the mercy of Almighty God, 2019 would be a year of peace and renewal for Christian communities all over the world.

“Christian persecution expected to increase in 2019; believers facing ‘modern-day jihad,'” by Stoyan Zaimov, Christian Post, January 6, 2019:

The persecution of Christians around the world is expected to increase in 2019, with a watchdog group sharing particular concern for believers in Nigeria, China, and India.

Release International, which is celebrating its 50th anniversary, said in a press release that 215 million believers face violence and discrimination for their faith.

“In Nigeria, Fulani militants look set to continue devastating attacks against Christians in the north and central Nigeria. In the first six months of 2018 alone, they killed up to 6,000 and drove 50,000 from their homes,” the group said of the situation in the African country.

A Release partner, who wasn’t named, said that there is a “deliberate plan to destroy and take over the predominantly Christian communities in the region.” The source added that Christians are facing a “strategic modern-day jihad.”

https://www.christianpersecution.com...ern-day-jihad/
    A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Re: Christian Persecution Expected To Increase In 2019

Originally posted by Jude View Post
    Christian Persecution Expected To Increase In 2019; Believers Facing ‘Modern-Day Jihad..

Nigeria, China, and India are expected to be among the worst countries for Christians in 2019. Nigeria and China both have Orthodox Christian communities that live under constant threat, as do all the Christians in those countries. India is the home of an ancient Christian community founded by St. Thomas the Apostle in the first century.
    Yep, being a religious minority is tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
      We're spoiled Fenris. Horribly spoiled.
      Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
        We're spoiled Fenris. Horribly spoiled.
        Blessed?.........
        “A” cannot be “A” & not “A” at the same time.

מקום כניעה סך הכל

Comment

Originally posted by bluesky22 View Post
          Blessed?.........
          I should have clarified that. We American Christians are spoiled. We think persecution is the response we get when we jam our self righteousness down the throats of unbelievers.

That's not persecution.
          Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

I should have clarified that. We American Christians are spoiled. We think persecution is the response we get when we jam our self righteousness down the throats of unbelievers.

That's not persecution.
            There's a reason the prosperity gospel was founded in this country. Persecution here is miniscule indeed. But don't think it can't come here. It can.
            Matt 9:13
            13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
            NASU

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
              There's a reason the prosperity gospel was founded in this country. Persecution here is miniscule indeed. But don't think it can't come here. It can.
              It probably will. Let it be for the sake of Christ.

Comment

The early Church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                  If religious persecution comes here, it's going to start with religious minorities, not the majority.

Comment

Thanks for posting this and making us aware of the persecution other Christians are suffering around the world, Jude.

Comment

To be honest Fenris, your remark kind of comes off as condescending and an attempt to minimize the suffering persecuted Christians go through in this present evil world. You probably didn't mean it the way it came off. If not I apologize for taking your remark the wrong way. There are many, many Christians who are deeply concerned about the suffering which persecuted Jewish people go through at the hands of these wicked people. Hopefully you have the same concern toward Christians who are also persecuted.

Comment

That's not persecution.
                        I agree that is not persecution. However, i have to ask, when you witness for Christ to an unbeliever, do you feel you are jamming your self righteousness down their throats? I agree with you that getting mocked for witnessing for Christ is not persecution and as a Christian in America I can't claim that as persecution. However, I would not classify witnessing for Christ as "jamming our self righteousness down unbeliever's throats".

Comment

Originally posted by rom826 View Post
                          To be honest Fenris, your remark kind of comes off as condescending and an attempt to minimize the suffering persecuted Christians go through in this present evil world.
                          I'm not minimizing anybody's suffering. I'm simply pointing out that being a religious minority can be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by rom826 View Post
                            However, I would not classify witnessing for Christ as "jamming our self righteousness down unbeliever's throats".
                            You've never had JW's or SDA's or Mormons come knocking on your door?

Comment

I'm not minimizing anybody's suffering. I'm simply pointing out that being a religious minority can be dangerous.
                              No one in this world knows that better than Jesus Christ..

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X