AOC claims to be a Jew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOC claims to be a Jew

Step aside Elizabeth Warren. There's a new Jew in town.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the newly elected firebrand congresswoman from Queens, New York, has revealed has Sephardic Jewish heritage. Yep.
    The 28-year-old Democrat said her distant ancestors fled the Spanish Inquisition to emigrate to Puerto Rico, where her immediate family roots lived until they moved to New York.

“Generations and generations ago, my family consisted of Sephardic Jews,” said Ocasio-Cortez. “So many people practiced Catholism on the exterior but on the interior they continued to practice (Judaism).”

One would think that claim would rise up to at least Senator Warren's 1/1024th Native American DNA.

Here's the problem. The Sephardic Jews in Spain (before the inquisition that is) were brilliant. Sharing the Iberian peninsula (they named it Sfarad) with both Muslims and Christians, it was a golden age of philosophy, mysticism, art, literature, astronomy, music and ethnic reflection and co-existence and we get some incredible Jewish minds from that age - so with the likes of Shmuel Ha Nagrid, Isaac Abravanel, Moshe Maimonides, Yehuda Halevi, and Moshe De Leon, - if AOC descended from such a lineage of brilliance, what happened with AOC?

After seeing - in an astounding rebuke how the NA tribes rejected Senator Warren's claim...my next question is; which of the 12 tribes of Jacob are going to claim AOC?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Re: AOC claims to be a Jew

I mean, really Keck?
    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."

Comment

Ummm...it's quite possible that she's telling the truth on this one. I have no idea if it is true or not - but it's possible.
      "Some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back that is an outrage."

Comment

I think the issue is that people not known to be Jewish claim the mantle of being Jewish right before they start to bash Jews, especially the state of Israel. AOC hangs out with the Israel bashing crowd and is attempting to shield herself from the charge of being an anti semite "I can't hate Jews, because I am one". That's really what bothers me.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
          I mean, really Keck?
          She said it, not me
          Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenris View Post
            I think the issue is that people not known to be Jewish claim the mantle of being Jewish right before they start to bash Jews, especially the state of Israel. AOC hangs out with the Israel bashing crowd and is attempting to shield herself from the charge of being an anti semite "I can't hate Jews, because I am one". That's really what bothers me.
            Exactly. CYA. Some beleive they can’t be labeled an anti Semite if they claim Jewish heritage.

Comment

Working...
            X