Deepfake videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deepfake videos

Just a warning to beware... the ability to fake video to the point where it is no longer a reliable source is almost here.

https://www.afp.com/en/news/717/misinformation-woes-could-multiply-deepfake-videos-doc-1cn3in2

If you see a video of a politician speaking words he never would utter, or a Hollywood star improbably appearing in a cheap adult movie, don't adjust your television set -- you may just be witnessing the future of "fake news.""Deepfake" videos that manipulate reality are becoming more sophisticated due to advances in artificial intelligence, creating the potential for new kinds of misinformation with devastating consequences.

As the technology advances, worries are growing about how deepfakes can be used for nefarious purposes by hackers or state actors.
    "We're not quite to the stage where we are seeing deepfakes weaponized, but that moment is coming," Robert Chesney, a University of Texas law professor who has researched the topic, told AFP.
    Chesney argues that deepfakes could add to the current turmoil over disinformation and influence operations.
    "A well-timed and thoughtfully scripted deepfake or series of deepfakes could tip an election, spark violence in a city primed for civil unrest, bolster insurgent narratives about an enemy's supposed atrocities, or exacerbate political divisions in a society," Chesney and University of Maryland professor Danielle Citron said in a blog post for the Council on Foreign Relations.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Re: Deepfake videos

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Just a warning to beware... the ability to fake video to the point where it is no longer a reliable source is almost here.

https://www.afp.com/en/news/717/misinformation-woes-could-multiply-deepfake-videos-doc-1cn3in2

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    That's one of the reasons there aren't any televisions sets in my home..

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jude View Post
      That's one of the reasons there aren't any televisions sets in my home....
      Yet you fall for false teachings on websites all the time.
      Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

amen Jude.

got rid of mine decades ago. have i missed anything?

As the technology advances, worries are growing about how deepfakes can be used for nefarious purposes by hackers or state actors.
        "We're not quite to the stage where we are seeing deepfakes weaponized, but that moment is coming," Robert Chesney, a University of Texas law professor who has researched the topic, told AFP.
        Chesney argues that deepfakes could add to the current turmoil over disinformation and influence operations.
        "A well-timed and thoughtfully scripted deepfake or series of deepfakes could tip an election, spark violence in a city primed for civil unrest, bolster insurgent narratives about an enemy's supposed atrocities, or exacerbate political divisions in a society," Chesney and University of Maryland professor Danielle Citron said in a blog post for the Council on Foreign Relations.
        this is old news, but a good reminder anyway. npr had a good show on this, and even the expert admitted that even he couldn't detect all the fakes.

back in the day an athiest friend gave me an excellent book exposing the evils of television. he would not have one in his home, because of the Evil nature of the thing.

at a local church 'revival' the preached was decrying the evils of television. afterwards i asked him why he didn't suggest to get the evil televisions out of the house.

he thought about it.

well he said, that would mean i would have to get rid of mine.

kinda says it all huh?

actually the television programmers are being honest with you. sure they call it 'television programming' ....and as you can guess right now who is being programmed?

sigh....if you all only knew. blessings.
        Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
          Yet you fall for false teachings on websites all the time.
          Anyone who would argue that the internet is less evil than television has lost their marbles.

Comment

It's incomprehensible to me that someone would believe that TV is evil and still own a computer and use the internet and think that's not evil.

The sinful atrocities on the internet outweigh the sinful atrocities on the TV by a trillion-to-one in volume, intensity, and harm.

So for those who preach against TV, but use the internet.....how do you justify that hate of TV but not of the internet? It's a simple question.
            sigpic
            ".....it's your nickel"

Comment

Originally posted by jayne View Post
              It's incomprehensible to me that someone would believe that TV is evil and still own a computer and use the internet and think that's not evil.

The sinful atrocities on the internet outweigh the sinful atrocities on the TV by a trillion-to-one in volume, intensity, and harm.

So for those who preach against TV, but use the internet.....how do you justify that hate of TV but not of the internet? It's a simple question.
              Amen Jayne. It's an irrational viewpoint at best.

Comment

Originally posted by jayne View Post

It's much easier to filter the internet than to filter a TV show. But your point is valid. The internet is FAR more dangerous.
                Matt 9:13
                13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
                NASU

Comment

i can remember growing up seeing signs long before there were computers saying kill your TV..

Whoever controls the media controls the mind..

~ Jim Morrison
                  A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

i can remember growing up seeing signs long before there were computers saying kill your TV..

~ Jim Morrison
                    You know at some point you need to stop living in the flesh and put on the spiritual suit God offered you.

Instead of whining and endlessly complaining about the dark forces in the world, I suggest you learn to employ Ephesians 6 in your life. It's called "DISCERNMENT."

I also suggest you pray for wisdom and actually trust that God will provide it.

Throwing your TV out the window is a carnal reasoning because you don't trust in the power of God in the process of renewing your mind. You think the "power of the medial" is stronger than God!

What a sad state you are in Jude. Jesus brings joy and peace and love, but all I see from you is condemnation, bitterness and complaining.

You would have never have survived under Roman Occupation.
                    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

~ Jim Morrison
                      Because Jim Morrison is a great source of wisdom, eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pbminimum View Post
                        Because Jim Morrison is a great source of wisdom, eh ?
                        No kidding. Hey, let's watch Apocalypse Now again.....

Comment

Working...
                        X