X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas finds 95,000 non-citizens on voter rolls. 58,000 have voted

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tex...e7LrhlXQpqD33M

First part of the article:

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced Friday that the state has discovered 95,000 non-citizens on the voter rolls going back to 1996, 58,000 of whom have voted in at least one Texas election -- an announcement likely to raise fresh concerns about the prospect of voter fraud.

Texas has some of the toughest voter ID laws in the nation and has been one of the main battlegrounds in the Republican-led fight against alleged voter fraud. The office, in a statement, said that 33 people were prosecuted for voter fraud last year, and 97 were prosecuted between 2005-17. There are 16 million people in Texas registered to vote.
    “Every single instance of illegal voting threatens democracy in our state and deprives individual Texans of their voice,” Paxton said in a statement.
    The New York Times reported that the findings were a result of of an 11-month investigation into records at the Texas Department of Public Safety. Gov. Greg Abbott praised the findings and hinted at future legislation to crack down on voter fraud.

Is this why the Democrats hate voter ID requirements and the wall?
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Re: Texas finds 95,000 non-citizens on voter rolls. 58,000 have voted

Democrats can’t win elections fairly.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Just for reader's perspective, this is a figure over a 22-year period and would have amounted to about a half of a percent of the Texas vote if all the instances happened at once. I'm actually surprised TX returned a figure this low since they are the most energized over the issue. It's hard to find more details.
      我们有这盼望,就像灵魂的锚,又稳当又坚固,通过幔子直进到里面。
      This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and reliable...
      (Hebrews 6:19 CNV / NASB)

Comment

Originally posted by Aviyah View Post
        Just for reader's perspective, this is a figure over a 22-year period and would have amounted to about a half of a percent of the Texas vote if all the instances happened at once. I'm actually surprised TX returned a figure this low since they are the most energized over the issue. It's hard to find more details.
        The courts have kept the US states from doing more to catch and prevent voter fraud. This is enough to have flipped any of 3 states that Trump won. Way past time for e-verify on work, and voter ID. Hard for me to understand why I have to provide an ID to get a gun but not to vote... especially when voters have done far more harm to most of us than gun owners.
        13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
        NASU

Comment

Originally posted by keck553 View Post
          Democrats can’t win elections fairly.
          They scream every time a state tries to scrub their voter rolls. They talk about disenfranchising voters and I have some personal experience with that.

When I first moved to Florida, I filled out a voter registration card when I got my drivers license. Hard to hide the fact that I an a white male. Anyway, when I went to vote in the Republican primary, I was told I was not registered to vote. Needless to say, I was surprised! So I filled out a second voter registration and gave it to the state worker that was working the area. My guess is, she was a Democrate too. Anyway, when the presidential election rolled around, I went to vote again and sure enough, I was still not registered. After that, I went home, extremely disappointed that I had missed voting for president for the first (and thus far, only) time in my life. I got on a liberal website, and registered to vote. Within a week, I had a voter card in the mail. I had no idea I was even supposed to get a card. Next time I went to vote, I was actually registered.

Voter fraud, disenfranchisement, etc. exists. And it benefits the Democrats. I am still amazed that Al Franken was allowed to be a senator after they found out that a 1000 felons voted illegally and that was way more than the votes he won by. Not to mention how things went down with the Alaska senator that same year. If the Democrats lose either of those seats, we don't have Obamacare today.

I am still amazed that the American people don't care about the IRS corruption that occurred under the previous administration and many seem to not care so much about the DOJ and FBI corruption we have recently seen. It is horrible what we have come to as a nation Keck. This country no longer values freedom as we once did... nor basic morality.
          NASU

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
            This is enough to have flipped any of 3 states that Trump won.
            Which states are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Aviyah View Post
              Which states are you referring to?
              PA, WI, or MI......................
              NASU

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
                PA, WI, or MI......................
                What numbers or average are you using? 58K is total voters since 1996, not the total per election.

Comment

How come progressives are so worried about one person being disenfranchised but not about one person stealing our vote?
                  Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

How come progressives are so worried about one person being disenfranchised but not about one person stealing our vote?
                    First I think that statement is at the very least debatable. Second I think it is alot like other aspects of law and justice, In that in an ideal world only the guilty would be burdened or punished and the innocent would remain unburdened and unpunished unduly, but IRL to me its like that Benjamin Franklin quote (or at least I've heard it attributed to him), That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer. I think the argument in so much as such an argument actually exists, is that the proposed systems are set up in such a way that fewer fraudulent voters (an already relatively fractional population) can slip through the cracks, but that this creates an undue burden on a population of Law abiding citizens. I wonder why people that do prioritize catching fraudulent voters over disenfranchising legal voters feel that we should be optimizing in this manner, Considering that in my experience these people are generally conservative and object to creating undue burdens on a population of law abiding citizens in other arenas such as gun control for the sake of mitigating the relatively few persons whose illegal firearms activities would be curtailed by some proposed gun control measures. I do not know what the right answer for these things are, but the rationale behind the positions seem coherent and not too dissimilar to me.
                    "The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right."

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
                      First I think that statement is at the very least debatable. Second I think it is alot like other aspects of law and justice, In that in an ideal world only the guilty would be burdened or punished and the innocent would remain unburdened and unpunished unduly, but IRL to me its like that Benjamin Franklin quote (or at least I've heard it attributed to him), That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer. I think the argument in so much as such an argument actually exists, is that the proposed systems are set up in such a way that fewer fraudulent voters (an already relatively fractional population) can slip through the cracks, but that this creates an undue burden on a population of Law abiding citizens. I wonder why people that do prioritize catching fraudulent voters over disenfranchising legal voters feel that we should be optimizing in this manner, Considering that in my experience these people are generally conservative and object to creating undue burdens on a population of law abiding citizens in other arenas such as gun control for the sake of mitigating the relatively few persons whose illegal firearms activities would be curtailed by some proposed gun control measures. I do not know what the right answer for these things are, but the rationale behind the positions seem coherent and not too dissimilar to me.
                      My question remains unanswered. Why do democrats hyperventilate about the mere possibility of on voter being disenfranchised but don’t care if that one vote is illegal?

Comment

My question remains unanswered. Why do democrats hyperventilate about the mere possibility of on voter being disenfranchised but don’t care if that one vote is illegal?
                        Its because you are making up a position for democrats/progressives as a whole that does not exits, I am a democrat and you might even label me as progressive and I literally just told you that voter fraud is a concern, but some of the proposed solutions seem to unduly affect/disenfranchise law abiding citizens. It is similar to saying that Benjamin Franklin (or whoever actually said that quote) doesn't care about guilty people going free because he would rather they did than have an innocent person be unjustly punished. Is that clearer to you now?

Comment

Its because you are making up a position for democrats/progressives as a whole that does not exits, I am a democrat and you might even label me as progressive and I literally just told you that voter fraud is a concern, but some of the proposed solutions seem to unduly affect/disenfranchise law abiding citizens. It is similar to saying that Benjamin Franklin (or whoever actually said that quote) doesn't care about guilty people going free because he would rather they did than have an innocent person be unjustly punished. Is that clearer to you now?
                          Making up the position huh ? You are willfully ignorant if you think this is the case. The party with which you just identified does not hold your position if so. So they are wrong, or you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Pbminimum View Post
                            Making up the position huh ? You are willfully ignorant if you think this is the case. The party with which you just identified does not hold your position if so. So they are wrong, or you are.
                            I'll never understand why instead of talking to a person who is a democrat and actually trying to understand their position you people consistently tell me that I don't actually believe what I do. Its as if you would rather battle a straw man instead of talking to an actual human.

Comment

So illegal votes don't disenfranchise voters?

I'll never understand why instead of talking to a person who is a democrat and actually trying to understand their position you people consistently tell me that I don't actually believe what I do. Its as if you would rather battle a straw man instead of talking to an actual human.
                              "you people"

I rest my case.

Comment

Working...
                              X