Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Frost Quakes' May Be Hitting Chicago As Temperature Rrops To Record-Breaking Lows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Frost Quakes' May Be Hitting Chicago As Temperature Rrops To Record-Breaking Lows

'Frost Quakes' May Be Hitting Chicago As Temperature Drops To Record-Breaking Lows..

The winter weather isn't done with Chicago; now there is talk of frost quakes.

CNN affiliate WGN reported Wednesday that viewers in the Chicago area were awakened by a series of booms.

"I thought I was crazy! I was up all night because I kept hearing it," viewer Chastity Clark Baker said on Facebook, the news station reported. "I was scared and thought it was the furnace. I kept walking through the house. I had everyone's jackets on the table in case we had to run out of here."

That boom was no furnace ready to burst, but it probably was a weather phenomenon as dauntingly named as the "firenado": the frost quake.

A frost quake, or cryoseism, occurs when the water underground freezes and expands causing the soil and rock to crack.
    That booming or banging sound usually begins when there is a sudden drop in temperature, WGN reported, much like Chicago's recent dip to a record-breaking low of 27 below.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...tc7?li=BBnb7Kz
    A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Re: 'Frost Quakes' May Be Hitting Chicago As Temperature Rrops To Record-Breaking Low

"I like to think the moon is there even if I am not looking at it."

Albert Einstein
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Comment

Re: Record-Shattering Arctic Blast Keeps The Midwest In A Deep Freeze

Record-Shattering Arctic Blast Keeps The Midwest In A Deep Freeze..

The past 48 hours in the American Midwest have been about endurance, as a breathtaking cold settled in over a massive stretch of the country. The record-setting frigid temperatures some of the coldest on the planet Thursday have frozen the Great Lakes, taxed electrical and natural gas infrastructure, endangered livestock and tested the mettle of millions who are used to the cold but had never experienced anything like this.

In some areas Thursday, temperatures dropped below minus-50 degrees, and the extreme weather was blamed for several deaths across the region, including people who appear to have frozen to death in Milwaukee, Detroit and Rochester, Minn.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...eze/ar-BBSZCnD
      A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

Re: Record-Shattering Arctic Blast Keeps The Midwest In A Deep Freeze

I know I heard a Loud boom upon waking 2 days ago. Shook my whole house. Though I feel confident it was just my house reacting ti the extreme cold. I'm still getting the booms and bangs, but not as loud as that one. I'm in SE Michigan.
        Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Comment

Working...
        X