Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nature in worst shape in human history with 1 million species at risk of extinction,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nature in worst shape in human history with 1 million species at risk of extinction,

The earth's environment is in trouble.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/06/c...mid=tw-nytimes

And.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ys/1115842001/

Re: Nature in worst shape in human history with 1 million species at risk of extincti

Is this because of:

1) de-forestation
    2) human over-population

?

Comment

Re: Nature in worst shape in human history with 1 million species at risk of extincti

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
      Is this because of:

1) de-forestation
      2) human over-population

?
      Pollution?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34376988
      A man is in a great place when he has no one to turn to but God.

~ Smith Wigglesworth

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by David Taylor View Post
        Is this because of:

1) de-forestation
        2) human over-population

?
        It's all due to sin.

Comment

My two cents on all this that we worry about concerning the end of the world...

CLIMATE CHANGE?

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” – Rev 1:8 NKJV

As those who claim the Name of Christ, do we truly believe what the Word declares?

I shared this verse from Revelation in response recently to one who voiced concern about “global warming” and their belief that “Christians” should do what they can to fight against “climate change.”
          And I offered the following perspective based on what the Word of God states concerning the “end” of this age.

“I Am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” – Rev 22:13

Is there something that man can do to thwart the plan and purpose of God? Is God Almighty, the Creator of the Universe unable to bring the End He has ordained to pass because man and animal somehow found a way to destroy the planet prematurely with our automobile fuels, refrigerants and flatulence?

No, of course not. This age will end exactly as God has predetermined; not a minute sooner because of anything man can do, other than “live godly lives.” At God’s determined time, by His hand not mans, “the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat! 13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.” (2Pet 3:11-12).

I personally hold that the global warming conspiracy, or climate change myth, is only a distraction to get God’s people all worked up and ignore what He has actually called us to do – to “live godly lives”, by Repenting and walking in Righteousness and Holiness. It really is that simple.

“Remember this, and be assured;
          Recall it to mind, you transgressors.
          9 “Remember the former things long past,
          For I am God, and there is no other;
          I am God, and there is no one like Me,
          10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
          And from ancient times things which have not been done,
          Saying, ‘My purpose will be established,
          And I will accomplish all My good pleasure’;
          11 Calling a bird of prey from the east,
          The man of My purpose from a far country.
          Truly I have spoken; truly I will bring it to pass.
          I have planned it, surely I will do it.
          12 “Listen to Me, you stubborn-minded,
          Who are far from righteousness.
          13 “I bring near My righteousness, it is not far off;
          And My salvation will not delay.
          And I will grant salvation in Zion,
          And My glory for Israel.”

- Isaiah 46:8-13

God has “declared the end”, and His “purpose will be established.” The Lord’s rebuke is to those who are “stubborn-minded” and “far from righteousness.” Truthfully, Environmental issues and Social causes are not a concern of God, but rather personal holiness and righteousness in the ones whom He has called to be among those who will establish equity and justice in the earth when the nations stand before Christ and give account for what they have done in this life.

Friends, may the will of God for our lives be our focus, and our fear be of falling short and not “entering into His rest.” Honestly, to get caught up fearing ‘global warming’ is pure foolishness. As the Word says –
          “Do not say, ‘A conspiracy,’
          Concerning all that this people call a conspiracy,
          Nor be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.
          13 The Lord of hosts, Him you shall hallow;
          Let Him be your fear,
          And let Him be your dread.”

- Isaiah 8:12-13

Let us not allow such things as fear of fossil fuel emissions, Styrofoam cups, hairspray and plastic straws to sidetrack us from what the Lord God has called us to do, which is “Deny ourselves, pick up our cross and follow Jesus”if indeed we are to “come after” Him and be “conformed into His image”, and be one of those who, alongside Christ Jesus, will usher in that Kingdom of God on the “new earth, in which righteousness dwells.”

May we be practical in our usage of all that God has given us, discerning good from evil, to prove our faithfulness to Him; and as well remember that preceding the “end of the age” will be a time of great testing of the saints in the realm of their faithfulness to God, not to the preservation of this physical planet.

When Jesus disciples came and asked Him, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” (Matt 24:3); it was the spiritual climate change Jesus warned about, not the physical atmosphere. He straightly told those who would truly follow Him the Way of the Cross, “you will be hated by all nations for My Name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.” (Matt 24:9-12)

Where is our love? Is it for that which pleases the Lord, or the passing elements of this age? Truly the Lord God knows where lies our affinity. Granted we can be concerned for the environment, but if our main focus isn’t righteousness and holiness, we will find in that Day that it was sin and unrighteousness that caused the heat and burning to come upon this earth, not a depleted ozone layer.

“His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men.
          5 The Lord tests the righteous,
          But the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates.
          6 Upon the wicked He will rain coals;
          Fire and brimstone and a burning wind
          Shall be their allotted portion.
          7 For the Lord is righteous,
          He loves righteousness;
          His countenance beholds the upright.”

- Psalm 11:4b-7

“My flesh and my heart fail;
          But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

- Psalm 73:26

“Fire and brimstone” or “God” Himself; which will be our portion. I fully believe we are determining that today.
          What if… what if what we fear becomes our portion in Eternity?

May we not be in deception, laying hold of the fears that man would instill in us for their own agenda; truly,
          “The fear of man brings a snare,
          But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.”

- Prov 29:25

Do we really believe that “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One understanding.”(Prov 9:10)

Indeed that proper, necessary “fear of the Lord” leads to so much more -

“The fear of the Lord leads to life;
          and he who has it rests satisfied;
          he will not be visited by harm.”

- Prov 19:23 RSV

Expressing great concern that “life as we know it” is in grave danger due to the activities of man regarding environmental issues, the heads of nations gather together and make great plans to alleviate the problem. In Truth, this is all for naught, as the Lord God is in control.

“Let all the earth fear the Lord;
          Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.
          9 For He spoke, and it was done;
          He commanded, and it stood fast.
          10 The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing;
          He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect.
          11 The counsel of the Lord stands forever,
          The plans of His heart to all generations.”

- Psalm 33:8-11

Let earthly rulers worry needlessly about such things as carbon footprints and the ozone layer; let those destined to inherit all Creation and sit the Lamb on His Throne ministering healing and Life to the nations, be concerned about walking with the Lord and being conformed into His image. For only then will all be made right with the universe.

“For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now.” – Rom 8:19-22

Amen.

“Teach me Your way, O Lord;
          I will walk in Your truth;
          Unite my heart to fear Your Name.”

- Psalm 86:11

God’s Wisdom and Understanding to all.
          Michael

http://to-him-who-overcomes.com/

Comment

Working...
          X