Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the Trump administration not charging employers who knowingly hire illegals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why is the Trump administration not charging employers who knowingly hire illegal

Originally posted by rom826 View Post
    Sure do. There have already been laws passed by congress dealing with employers who hire illegals. It seems like every one of your posts in this thread you are trying to evade to issue and topic of the thread. Why is that?
    Not even close. In my first reply I said it was a good question.

When did a federal judge has blocked him from enforcing immigration law toward employers who hire illegals?
    I neither claimed nor implied that one had.

What does that have to do with enforcing immigration law toward employers who hire illegals.
    Hmm...see my previous post.

This question makes no sense to me.
    I'll attempt to clarify.

When discussing things such as this it's reasonable to assume that the person you're in a discussion with will have at least attempted to somewhat educate themselves on it. Especially when the person in question has made such bold claims as "Trump is a phony on illegal immigration" and "Obama was pro- illegal immigration."
    Since I assumed you had some knowledge of the subjects in question in order to make such bold claims I posed the questions.

I guess I could say the same to you since in every one of your posts you evade the topic of this thread.
    Context. Context. Context. Other things were brought up during the discussion. As I previously wrote - the thread posed a good question. One I don't have an answer for.
    Other points were brought up and I attempted to discuss them. You call it avoidance and I call it the natural flow of events and the nature of discussions since time immemorial.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Comment

Re: Why is the Trump administration not charging employers who knowingly hire illegal

Originally posted by Brother Mark View Post
      I hadn't heard about this. Good find Mark!
      Day by day
      Oh Dear Lord
      Three things I pray
      To see thee more clearly
      Love thee more dearly
      Follow thee more nearly
      Day by day

Comment

And another very good article, from 2018, about Everify and why it is not the law of the land.

https://www.immigrationreform.com/20...c-of-e-verify/

[/FONT][/COLOR]
        Thank you so very much Brother Mark for dealing with the issue of the original post. Not sure why, but so many of the posters here don't want do deal with it. 60 posts in this thread and almost nobody wants to deal with the original post. I do want to respond to your post but I am pressed for time. Please be patient with me. I might not have time to get to it today.

Comment

So now you're not only evading the issue but being obnoxious as hell about it as well.
          I missed this earlier. I wasn't trying to evade the issue or be obnoxious towards you at all and I apologize if it seems I was or am. The post with the Babylon Bee link wasn't directed towards you and the Yoda meme was my poor attempt at a joke.
          Day by day
          Oh Dear Lord
          Three things I pray
          To see thee more clearly
          Love thee more dearly
          Follow thee more nearly
          Day by day

Comment

Originally posted by BrianW View Post

I missed this earlier. I wasn't trying to evade the issue or be obnoxious towards you at all and I apologize if it seems I was or am. The post with the Babylon Bee link wasn't directed towards you and the Yoda meme was my poor attempt at a joke.
            No problem......

Comment

https://www.govdocs.com/mandatory-e-...dget-proposal/

Just an FYI.

From the article:
              i'm just wondering what making e-verify mandatory would accomplish if the executive branch of the government is not willing to enforce it. There are already laws against employers hiring illegals which are not enforced. Even if it were made mandatory most employers would just ignore the law as they do today.

Comment

i'm just wondering what making e-verify mandatory would accomplish if the executive branch of the government is not willing to enforce it. There are already laws against employers hiring illegals which are not enforced. Even if it were made mandatory most employers would just ignore the law as they do today.
                I've done a bit of reading up on this recently. E-verify across all states is just a 1st step measure. As the laws are written now it's incredibly hard to prove intent on the employers part unless they use e-verify. Even those who do use e-verify and hire a bunch of illegals anyway can say they checked the documentation ( stolen Social Security numbers etc ) and they passed through the system anyway so they are not liable.
                E-verify and how it's written and implemented itself needs to be updated and hard line stances and investigations of those selling and or supplying the faked documents ( many times the employers themselves) need to be a higher priority.

As it stands now even states with e-verify have a hard time prosecuting employers because intent is a very hard thing to prove in court.
                Day by day
                Oh Dear Lord
                Three things I pray
                To see thee more clearly
                Love thee more dearly
                Follow thee more nearly
                Day by day

Comment

Working...
                X