Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

    The President said this today on Twitter:

    Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world and the Jewish people in Israel love him like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God. But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow! (Twitter source)

    Does anyone have a problem with this? Or is this another thing to add to the list of overlooking what the President says?
    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

  • #2
    Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

    Originally posted by Aviyah View Post


    Does anyone have a problem with this? Or is this another thing to add to the list of overlooking what the President says?
    I have a huge problem with it.
    sigpic
    ".....it's your nickel"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

      I would start to worry.
      Again.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

        Originally posted by Aviyah View Post
        The President said this today on Twitter:

        Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world and the Jewish people in Israel love him like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God. But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow! (Twitter source)



        Does anyone have a problem with this? Or is this another thing to add to the list of overlooking what the President says?
        Pretty ridiculous of him IMO. In his defense - if there is any - he was agreeing with someone else, which is just as bad.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

          I think it adds to how interesting the next election is going to be. And if someone called me the second coming of God, I would emphatically disagree. Not even close.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

            Originally posted by Aviyah View Post
            The President said this today on Twitter:

            Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world and the Jewish people in Israel love him like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God. But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow! (Twitter source)

            Does anyone have a problem with this? Or is this another thing to add to the list of overlooking what the President says?
            Did he say it or was it said about him?
            Some people don't mind contradicting themselves as long as they can keep disagreeing with you...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

              Originally posted by Aviyah View Post
              The President said this today on Twitter:

              Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world and the Jewish people in Israel love him like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God. But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow! (Twitter source)

              Does anyone have a problem with this? Or is this another thing to add to the list of overlooking what the President says?
              I won't engage in the Trump bashing not because I wish to avoid or ignore his comments, but rather, because it plays into the hands of the scandalous effort, by Democrats, to destroy our political process of electing presidents and choosing our own representatives. I hope William Barr exposes the whole scandal, and succeeds in getting the message out to the public, actually waking them up as to what is happening and what has been happening.

              It appears to me that people have been lulled into a state of being mesmerized, successfully propagandized by the news media and by Hollywood, and by the Entertainment Industry. People just have been pulled along into a Hate Trump mania, leading to an incredible level of political corruption by a single party. And that's serious, because we only have largely a 2-party system!

              But to the point, yes, I have a number of problems with Trump. He isn't a particularly spiritual guy, and makes all kinds of strange and bad comments. But overall I believe he's on the side of trying to help our country, the Jews, Christians, and the people. He's good for our economy, and his support of conservative religion is good for Christians.

              Can God use weak semi-Christians like this in politics? Yes--much better than using the other side--the Democrats, who are promising socialism, and a replacement for Jesus Christ in virtually every form of belief that weakens it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

                Absolutely not and I’m not American.

                He literally quoted what someone said about him and said thanks.

                People are going way too far out of their way to make things out of nothing for this guy.
                I hope he isn’t re-elected for their sakes.

                I don’t follow every single word that the guy says... did he say that he was at any point or did he reference what someone else said?

                If it is completely the latter then some people and that includes people on this board need to take a step back and realize what they are doing

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

                  Originally posted by ItsAllLinked View Post
                  I don’t follow every single word that the guy says... did he say that he was at any point or did he reference what someone else said?
                  So, what would be your response if someone likened you to the king of Israel or second coming of God?

                  This isn't a rhetorical question. I don't know what can or can't be taken for granted as to what bothers other Christians. Just trying to find where the line is drawn.
                  「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
                  撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

                    Originally posted by randyk View Post
                    But to the point, yes, I have a number of problems with Trump. He isn't a particularly spiritual guy, and makes all kinds of strange and bad comments. But overall I believe he's on the side of trying to help our country, the Jews, Christians, and the people.
                    Thanks for the thoughts. I take it this comment doesn't particularly bother you then?
                    「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
                    撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

                      Politics and political parties, news medias and entertainment, all sleep in the same big bed.
                      All of it, it is all one big contrived horse and pony show to keep decent folks distracted and confused so they will not tend to the real truly weighty matters/affairs in this life.

                      Probably why God instructs His people to live by faith and not live by what we see and hear, amen !

                      The End.
                      Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
                      Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

                        Do not forget that God once used an ass, a donkey to work His will on the Earth.
                        What I mean is, God not just possibly could be using Trump or any of the other World actors to work His will on the Earth, but most definitely is.
                        So, when rubbish like this is shoved in our face everyday, just throw up your hands that same day, everyday and tell Jesus: I trust you Lord !

                        In light of the current pretentious dramas that we are subjected to everyday via all public medias, I'd say we are in for a much larger show authored by our Creator Himself, for me this is now and will continue to be quite comforting.

                        The signs of our current times were prophesied millennia ago, we should be thankful to witness God's will being worked on the Earth that was promised to happen that long ago.
                        We are front seat witnesses to it !
                        Last edited by Jacob's Ladder; Aug 22nd 2019, 04:27 AM. Reason: spelling
                        Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare.
                        Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

                          Originally posted by Aviyah View Post
                          Thanks for the thoughts. I take it this comment doesn't particularly bother you then?
                          Yes, it bothers me. But I know he's basically ignorant of the implications--otherwise, he would not have said it. After all, he views conservative Christians, like us, as his allies.

                          For what it's worth, I don't think he views himself as the "Chosen One," and is confused with some kind of Messiah Complex. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Up until then, I see what he says as support of those who support him. In quoting the guy, he is expressing his support for Israel, period. The rest is "flying over his head," because he's not particularly spiritual. Try to give him a break. Nobody else will.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

                            The original statement is an exeedingly high insult to Israelis and will be regarded by many as blasphemous.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How would you react if someone called you the second coming of God?

                              Originally posted by randyk View Post
                              Yes, it bothers me. But I know he's basically ignorant of the implications--otherwise, he would not have said it. After all, he views conservative Christians, like us, as his allies.

                              For what it's worth, I don't think he views himself as the "Chosen One," and is confused with some kind of Messiah Complex. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Up until then, I see what he says as support of those who support him. In quoting the guy, he is expressing his support for Israel, period. The rest is "flying over his head," because he's not particularly spiritual. Try to give him a break. Nobody else will.
                              How Hilarious that on this same day he Actually did refer to himself as the "Chosen One". Trump is a riot.

                              Overall these statements did bother me I was incredulous, why quote some guys blasphemous statements on such a huge platform and then say thank you?

                              I mean most "Jews" don't even believe in the "first coming" so what Jews would believe Trump is the "second coming"? Are we to believe messianic Jews believe trump is the "Christ"? Overall I'm appalled if Obama did half the stuff trump did people would be crying AC to the hills, today most Christians fall in line and praise this man. It's disgusting, I'm not a fan of him overall but I don't demonize him either, overall I think he's one of the most polarizing figures I've ever seen.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X