X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Oxford professor allegedly stole ancient Bible fragments and sold them

An Oxford professor allegedly stole ancient Bible fragments and sold them:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...xNfWaShvtUCWOk

Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Re: An Oxford professor allegedly stole ancient Bible fragments and sold them

Oh dear. That is so sad to hear. Although he is forgiven should he ask for forgiveness, when He faces Jesus, that'll be an interesting event to account for.

Comment

Check out the comments. There's real hatred for Christian companies these days.
      Matt 9:13
      13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
      NASU

Comment

Those comments of course are directed at exactly one business owned by a Christian family. Most Christian business owners are not involved in sketchy multi-million dollar antiquities purchases.
        Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
        Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Originally posted by teddyv View Post
          Those comments of course are directed at exactly one business owned by a Christian family. Most Christian business owners are not involved in sketchy multi-million dollar antiquities purchases.
          HobbyLobby claims to have purchased the fragments in good faith. That may be true or untrue, but I think it behooves us to believe the best until there is conclusive evidence otherwise. We know who the accuser of the brethren is and we don't want to find ourselves aligning with him.

In any case, we can see the value placed on some small fragments of the word. It gives us some perspective on how precious the gift of the living Word is....Jesus in the flesh!
          Mal 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

Comment

This sort of thing has been happening with art history museums over the world, especially after the Syria conflict started. It would actually be more surprising if HL had not accidentally bought pieces that were acquired illegally. Apparently they're trying to better authenticate beforehand, to avoid having more embarrassments. But a good sign is that when HL is caught with stolen materials, it's returned without much contention.
            「耶和華聖潔無比,獨一無二,沒有磐石像我們的上帝。
            撒母耳記上 (1 Samuel) 2:2

Comment

Originally posted by Aviyah View Post
              This sort of thing has been happening with art history museums over the world, especially after the Syria conflict started. It would actually be more surprising if HL had not accidentally bought pieces that were acquired illegally. Apparently they're trying to better authenticate beforehand, to avoid having more embarrassments. But a good sign is that when HL is caught with stolen materials, it's returned without much contention.
              Yeah, I have heard that the whole antiquities trade is rife with problems. I'm also aware of the detailed background checking on antiquities to confirm provenance, let alone whether they are the real thing. And good on the Green's to return the pieces to the rightful place.
              Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.
              Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Comment

Working...
              X