Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How simple things reminds us our Father is watching over us...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How simple things reminds us our Father is watching over us...

Since becoming a born again Christian I have noticed over the years how the littlest things can remind me of God and how He cares for us...things I would have never made that connection too before. I would like to share this odd little story and ask others to do the same if you want too. I find these things very comforting.

I take care of a fish tank at a doctors office and the other day they had called saying a couple of their fish had died and wanted me to get some more. The first three fish I got, two died by the next day....so I was doing alot of running yesterday, taking back the two dead ones and trying to find two new more suited fish for the tank..I was a little stressed over it as things just weren't going well...anyway I finally got two sword tail mollies. They are orange with black fins at the tail and at the bottom area of that fin it sticks out like a black sword. Hence the name, black tailed mollies.

These two were males but I was told they would not fight. Well once I got them back to the office and in the tank they were pretty stressed out and one was attacking the other...kept picking at him which only added to the stress. I have to keep them in the bag for awhile so their water temperature will adjust to the tanks temp...and then slowly add water from the tank to their bag so they can adjust to the chemicals in it and won't go into shock.

So far this sounds pretty uninteresting I know...lol.

Well this one fish just wouldn't leave the other alone, so I stuck my hand into the bag to seperate them...the one being picked on was covered by the palm of my hand in which he nestled into it and calmed down. The more aggressive one was on the other side of my hand trying to bang his way through my fingers to get to the other fish. My hand looked like a giants hand compared to these two small fish! And for whatever reason while I stood there watching this fish nestled in my hand it made me think of the hand of God and how He holds us in His hand...to comfort us, and to protect us against any enemies.

After a bit I had to take my hand out in order to add more water to the bag and amazingly the other fish behaved himself....I guess he calmed down too and didn't bother the other fish anymore.

Anyway the image of my hand cupped just a little in this bag of water with that one fish in the palm of my hand stayed with me the rest of the day...and the thoughts of God holding us in the palm of His hand. Made the rest of my day you know?

God bless
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

That's really lovely

Comment

Wow, Moonglow - you just made the rest of MY day. Thank you!
      V
      I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
      - Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

This story reminds me of what one of my mom's Irish friends used to tell me when I was a little girl-that God was holding me in the hollow of His hand.

God bless and Merry Christmas..
        "The flowers appear on the earth,
        the time of singing has come,
        and the voice of the turtledove
        is heard in our land
        ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

This story brought tears to my eyes cuz I could picture that exact same thing. Great story thanks so much for posting it.
          Don't be afraid of the shadows, that just means the light is close!

T.Brady's FINE On with 2009! Go Patriots!

Comment

You all are welcome..glad you found comfort in it.

I tried to call their office today before I went out on my errands to see if the fish survived the weekend but they were taking a long lunch I guess.
            By the time I got home they were closed. I image if the fish hadn't made it they would have called me...hope so anyway!

That picture of that fish nestled in the palm of my hand stayed with me for several days too!

God bless
            "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Comment

Working...
            X