10,000 Things Beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10,000 Things Beautiful

I'm a blogger. I love to blog, but I love reading blogs even more! A leader at my church came up with a very interesting and encouraging idea. He invited people to help him compile a list of 1,000 beautiful things right there on his blog by leaving comments. It was very uplifting to see what people had to say, and together they were able to pass 1,000 in less than a week, and if i'm not mistaken, they're still going for it!

So I thought I'd post it again here. Post whatever you find to be encouraging, whether it be a song, a verse, a quote, a sight, an idea ... Anything! And remember to tell us why!

I'll get us started:

Rainbows! The sight of them, yes, but also God's promise to never again destroy the Earth with a flood.

Hearing a small child call your name. Something about just makes me feel happy inside.

Kittens meowing.

Okay, now it's your turn to add to the list!
    Last edited by Staceface627; Feb 12th 2009, 03:13 PM.
    Join RESET - a 6 week devotion / Bible study designed to help you get to know better (or meet for the first time) the man, Jesus. http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=159467

Stacey's blog: http://whitaker-stacey.blogspot.com/
    Stacey on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Staceface627
    Stacey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/StaceyWhitaker (( @StaceyWhitaker ))

I love to observe wildlife especially birds; but I am also very fond of deer.

I don't get to hike as I once did so often I gaze at a lovely framed photograph my son took of three deer running. And also I recently bought a painting (original) which is a treasure buy from Good Will..it's of a lone deer in a meadow.

"Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert." (Isaiah 35:6 TNIV)
    "The flowers appear on the earth,
    the time of singing has come,
    and the voice of the turtledove
    is heard in our land
    ." SofS 2:12 (RSV)

Comment

Great idea, thanks for starting this thread!

Puppies make me smile and warm my heart(I love cute and furry things). I also love looking at flowers and trees. Everything in God's creation has beauty and warmth. I love rainbows, the sun makes me so happy and gives me hope (the dawning of a new day). My fiance and my family and friends bring me so much joy!! I could go on and on...........
      Thank You, Jesus for everything.

Comment

Great idea with this thread, thank you.

Driving back to town late in the evening last week I saw one of the most beautiful sunsets ive ever seen, pink and purple clouds with thin rays of light glaring thru them from the sun hiding slightly below the horizon. I see representations of the Lord's glory in it all . I beleive God's glory will be absolutley breathtaking.

Comment

Oh, my!!!

Feeling the presence of my Savior!!! Glory to God.

Enjoying warm fellowship with my family and Church family.

Having the Lord show you the answer to something or just show you something and you later, say, "Oh, that's what the Lord meant!"

Seeing more and more beauty each day that God created for us to enjoy...and remember where it came from!

Looking at new babies through a nursery window....what a miracle.

Holding hands with an innocent child who is looking into your eyes for answers.
          John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in HIM should not perish, but have eternal life.

My testimony: http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137007

Comment

Snow on the earth before anyone touches it...
            .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
            .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Putting together the ones you all have named so far:
              • [1] Rainbows
                [2] A small child calling your name.
                [3] Kittens meowing.
                [4] Birds
                [5] Deer
                [6] Paintings of wildlife
                [7] Puppies
                [8] Flowers
                [9] Trees
                [10] The sun.
                [11] Fiances
                [12] Family
                [13] Friends
                [14] Sunsets
                [15] Feeling the presence of God.
                [16] Warm fellowship with family and church.
                [17] Having the Lord show you the answer to something.
                [18] Seeing more and more beauty each day that God created for us.
                [19] Looking at new babies through a nursery window.
                [20] Holding hands with an innocent child who is looking into your eyes for answers.
                [21] Snow on the earth before anyone touches it.

We may actually end up thinking of 10,000 beautiful things.
              Last edited by Rosebay; Feb 13th 2009, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Oh!
                [22] The loyalty and devotion of my good old dog.

Comment

[23] Family coming home at the end of the day.

Comment

Laughing....................
                    .................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
                    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Comment

Feeling the Presence of the Lord when I have too much pain to deal with......
                      Feeling the love of my husband while he takes care of me physically.......
                      Feeling the love of friendships......
                      Always having 1 or 2 cats on my bed to keep me company during the day and especially during the nights when I can't sleep......
                      Going out of the house for a few hours once a week......
                      Listening to our birdies in our livingroom, waking us up every morning.....

I could go on for a while......

Love you,
                      Mieke
                      Glorious Day
                      Living He loved me
                      Dying He saved me
                      Buried He carried my sins far away
                      Risen He justified
                      Freely forever
                      One day He's coming
                      Oh Glorious Day!

Casting Crowns

Comment

Yes, like Miepie, I also appreciate the blessing of my two wonderful (boy and girl )kitty friends each day. As they greet me when I come home, share my nap time, and one even gives me a shampoo (she thinks she is my mother and that I am a great big cat, I think).

God's creatures are such gifts.

And God's creation blesses me daily.

Genesis 1: 25 "God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. "NIV

is heard in our land

Comment

Children.......Listening to them laugh, watching them as they play.........enjoying freedom, quick to forgive and loveable...........
                          Saved by Grace!

Praying for Mieke and Charles
                          Cor 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation ; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

My testimony
                          http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=149096

Comment

I think it's beautiful to hear people talk about their marriages that have lasted over 30 and 40 years and beyond, especially when they are still able to look at each other and fall in love like it was their wedding day all over again.
                            Join RESET - a 6 week devotion / Bible study designed to help you get to know better (or meet for the first time) the man, Jesus. http://bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?t=159467

Stacey's blog: http://whitaker-stacey.blogspot.com/
                            Stacey on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Staceface627
                            Stacey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/StaceyWhitaker (( @StaceyWhitaker ))

Comment

Originally posted by Staceface627 View Post
                              I think it's beautiful to hear people talk about their marriages that have lasted over 30 and 40 years and beyond, especially when they are still able to look at each other and fall in love like it was their wedding day all over again.
                              We are celebrating our 48th this summer.

I think it is beautiful when we can look at our son or daughter's hair turning gray and rejoice in the gift they have been to us for many years taking particular joy in their parenthood of our precious grand children.
                              is heard in our land

Comment

Working...
                              X